August Meet - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > REGIONAL CHAPTERS > MASSACHUSETTS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Which day works best for you?
Friday, August 18 1 7.69%
Saturday, August 19 6 46.15%
Sunday, August 20 7 53.85%
How about a poll for Fri/Sat/Sun of the next week? 1 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2006, 03:11 PM   #1
Registered Hondaphile

August Meet

Anyone down for settin up an august meet?

Chido, hows that F1 Braintree location looking? hows that kit coming along?

hopefully, if we hook this up, there'll be a better showing than the June meet.

Also, i am aquainted with a car photographer who (if hes legit) would come down to take some pics. He says hes got some good connections, so potentially this could end up gettin in some mags.
Let me know if you all want me to check on that, ill see if hes for real about it and who his connections are with.
TIA
anderson930 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 1st, 2006, 03:12 PM   #2
Shes like the wind

Send a message via AIM to xi0utlawstarix
Let set up a meet before September or something.... where are all the mass or RI members?
xi0utlawstarix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 2nd, 2006, 09:32 AM   #3
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
F1 would be sick, but it gets pricey. plan on it being at least $60 per person. check it out at www.f1boston.com. how about going to F1 and then to castle island or hopkins park afterwards? if you dont want to go to F1, then just meet at the park.

as for a date- how about the weekend of august 19th? sat or sunday- doesnt matter. for those checking out this thread (as not all mass members do)- start PMing people you know in the massachusetts area. and as always, invite everyone you know- even if they are not on v6p. anyone on gen7forums or acurazine? get it out there too.

if everyone takes 5 minutes, we can make this good and actually worth having a photographer show up (maybe).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 2nd, 2006, 10:00 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to timot_one Send a message via Yahoo to timot_one
I'm down for a meet. Sunday's are the best days for me. Hopefully this will be a better turn out than the June meet though. Let me know when you guys choose a location. F1 would be cool, but I have a feeling that some people might not come because of the cost. I know that I wouldn't want to shell out $60 just for a meet if money was tight. We might want to consider a less expensive alternative.
timot_one is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 2nd, 2006, 10:32 AM   #5
Total Lust Sedan

Send a message via AIM to sxlova07
that is the weekend I work, but if its early enough I can drop in and say hi....I'll keep an eye on this thread

btw thanks for the heads up v6SicksSpeed

"you look down you go down" While its great in an orgy, it sucks on a bike.
sxlova07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 2nd, 2006, 02:27 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to chido Send a message via MSN to chido Send a message via Yahoo to chido
I would need more advance notice that may be too soon for me, and the F1 thing was a suggestion because ii went one time and i saw vwvortex was having a meet there.

I'd like castle island that would be a cool place to meet.

hopefully i can make this one i usually work thats why i would need more advance notice but we'll see what happens.
chido is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 2nd, 2006, 02:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by timot_one
I'm down for a meet. Sunday's are the best days for me. Hopefully this will be a better turn out than the June meet though. Let me know when you guys choose a location. F1 would be cool, but I have a feeling that some people might not come because of the cost. I know that I wouldn't want to shell out $60 just for a meet if money was tight. We might want to consider a less expensive alternative.

I agree with the the less expensive alternative, but im down, just need the date to take the day off of work
Bee Dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 2nd, 2006, 04:10 PM   #8
PSI Tuning /////

im down for a meet ... its been awhile
xxvietside is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 2nd, 2006, 04:13 PM   #9
Registered Hondaphile

hit up the poll. tell your friends. we'll pick a day and the start a roster to see whose down for sure

And so i guess F1 may not be the best place due the $$$. So how about castle island? whats the low-down on that? wheres it at?

Last edited by anderson930; August 2nd, 2006 at 07:24 PM..
Old August 2nd, 2006, 05:03 PM   #10

i go...im right in quincy...F1 is down the block...but 60 bucks is kinda high.....rather get 2 go kart races instead....
jinnrice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 3rd, 2006, 08:08 AM   #11

Are there any other suggestions that people might have for where the meet is gonna be that isn't going to cost too much? I'm not opposed to spending money for a meet and the activities, but $60 to go to F1 is kinda high.

It looks like most people are interested in Sunday for a meet, now all we have to do is pick a spot and a time.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 08:18 AM   #12
get'cha roll on...

aight- well it seems like sunday has the overwhelming majority for a date- agreed? now for a place-

1-castle island is pretty cool. its a long stretch of beach/parking lot down in southie. i dont know if your "allowed" to grill down there (i know there are no public grills). the good thing is that there is almost always parking available, and its right on the water.

2-hopkins park- ive never been to- how did it work out last time?

if you guys want to bbq and chill, then we need to find out who's going and what everyone's gonna bring. or someone go on a bbq run and everyone pay up at the meet. who actually wants to go on sunday the 20th (and can make it)?

1-v6sicksspeed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 10:11 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6SicksSpeed
aight- well it seems like sunday has the overwhelming majority for a date- agreed? now for a place-

1-castle island is pretty cool. its a long stretch of beach/parking lot down in southie. i dont know if your "allowed" to grill down there (i know there are no public grills). the good thing is that there is almost always parking available, and its right on the water.

2-hopkins park- ive never been to- how did it work out last time?

if you guys want to bbq and chill, then we need to find out who's going and what everyone's gonna bring. or someone go on a bbq run and everyone pay up at the meet. who actually wants to go on sunday the 20th (and can make it)?

1-v6sicksspeed
I'm always down for a BBQ meet!!

Are you talking about the park in Hopkinton for the 2nd option? If you are, that's a huge park that has grilles for BBQing. When we went last time it got really busy so we didn't have too many parking spots at the pond area after a while. It also could have been because it was really hot that day and it was Fathers Day.

That being said, I think Castle Island would be a cool spot since I haven't been there for a meet yet.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 02:01 PM   #14
Registered Hondaphile

hey, its all gravy to me guys, sunday the 20th is cool. ill bring some chow and give that photographer guy a call. lets just get that final decision on a place.

Is it Castle Island or back to Hopkins Park?

im down for either, if you plan to attend this meet, post whether you have a preference for either location listed above or not.

Also, i think about 1:00 or 1:30 would be a decent time, right? right about lunch time, make up some burgers, snap some shots etc. sound good?
Old August 3rd, 2006, 02:55 PM   #15

Send a message via AIM to chido Send a message via MSN to chido Send a message via Yahoo to chido
I'm kool with castle island......although i don't think you can't spark up a grill there. i always see people with precooked food like a picnic type thing.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 03:48 PM   #16

I'm down with both of them too, but for the people that want to grille (like me) I'd have to vote for Hopkinton State Park (not because it's closer to me than Castle Island). If we want to secure a parking area all for ourselves there, I would say that we should stay away from the parking areas for the beach and resovoir.

Does it cost anything to park at Castle Island? It's $5 to park at Hopkinton State Park.

Anyway, if you guys are up for Hopkinton State Park, I'd be glad to bring some stuff to grille. I still have some charcoal left over from the last meet that I didn't use.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 05:48 PM   #17
Registered Hondaphile

im swayin toward hopkinton now cause im a friggin lush for bbq food
Old August 3rd, 2006, 05:53 PM   #18

You're not the only one man. What do you other guys think?
Old August 3rd, 2006, 08:33 PM   #19

Castle Island is all free parking along the whole stretch of beach and park.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 09:40 PM   #20
Registered Hondaphile

got one more for the roster- jerieme from malden. hes a got a pretty nasty whip, check out ---> http://www.cardomain.com/id/accordstunner

i dont think hes on v6p yet tho, so be sure to thrash his guestbook with v6p propaganda

OKAY, that out of the way, lets get back on topic,
PEOPLE, SHOULD WE HAVE IT AT HOPKINTON STATE PARK (mmm... bbq) OR CASTLE ISLAND (beach)

copy and paste for your vote (tryin to be organized)
this could also be our roster for ppl who plan on goin

1.anderson930- hopkinton (for bbq), but flexible
Old August 4th, 2006, 05:47 AM   #21
get'cha roll on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson930
1.anderson930- hopkinton (for bbq), but flexible
2. v6sicksspeed - hopkinton for same reason

Old August 4th, 2006, 11:48 AM   #22
Shes like the wind

hopkinton- dont like driving in boston
Old August 6th, 2006, 11:55 AM   #23
Soon to be TL

I'm down for Castle Island
Mojeans69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 6th, 2006, 01:20 PM   #24

Damn, I'm torn. I'd vote for Hopkinton because it's closer to where I live and because I'm down for BBQing, but I'd also vote for Castle Island because of the beach and free parking.

I'd have to say Hopkinton gets my vote. I love to BBQ, plus it seems that all you guys are leaning towards Hopkinton anyway.
Old August 6th, 2006, 03:58 PM   #25
Shes like the wind

both are about 45 mins away.....i vote castle island, I never have been to Castle Island during the day.
Old August 6th, 2006, 05:02 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by xi0utlawstarix
hopkinton- dont like driving in boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by xi0utlawstarix
both are about 45 mins away.....i vote castle island, I never have been to Castle Island during the day.
Hahahaha. Which one is it? J/P man.

I'm not against either place, evn though I like to BBQ and Hopkinton is close. I've never been to Castle Island, so I think that would be cool too. Either way, I'll still go to the meet regardless of where it is.

Is there anyone here that wouldn't come out to Hopkinton or Castle Island for whatever reason?
Old August 6th, 2006, 06:38 PM   #27
Registered Hondaphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by timot_one
Is there anyone here that wouldn't come out to Hopkinton or Castle Island for whatever reason?
ill go to either one. i think just as an attempt to be decisive that we should do castle island. its in boston, yeah, but its on the beach- we could get some nasty shots, especially if we can get our cars on the beach or even get a ocean sunset horizon background goin on. thatd be sick. PLUS, after we're done, we could go to like jillians or sumtin up there. parking's mad cheap in the fenway area, like only $8. and if ya feel more comfortable putin all these rides in a garage, its $10 to park inside fenway park. whataya think guys? **correction on that- that whole weekend is the sox games against the yankees, fenway area will be PACKED and parking is around $28-40 haha nvm**

also, okay, is castle island park really on the water? cuz i just google earthed it and its showin that its not. who's been there? if its not, theres carson beach right next to the bayside expo ctr, then there pleasure bay park just north of that. then theres constitution beach right behind logan (if ya want some planes in mid-take off in the shots haha) just a few ideas.

I'm calling that photographer dude tomorrow too. ill let you guys know how it goes when i reach him

Also, theres two ppl who voted to have this meet on the 19th and one who voted to have it the weekend after.... whose votes are those? will you not be able to make it if its on the 20th?

Last edited by anderson930; August 6th, 2006 at 10:38 PM..
Old August 7th, 2006, 07:16 AM   #28
get'cha roll on...

i met xxvietside and blazin036 at castle island last year for a "mini-meet" and it was a solid place. what would you guys say? anyone heard from blazin at all- did he sell his ride? i havent seen him on here in mad long. check one of the older threads (ill try to find it for pics)

Old August 7th, 2006, 07:20 PM   #29
PSI Tuning /////

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6SicksSpeed
i met xxvietside and blazin036 at castle island last year for a "mini-meet" and it was a solid place. what would you guys say? anyone heard from blazin at all- did he sell his ride? i havent seen him on here in mad long. check one of the older threads (ill try to find it for pics)

yeah i talked to him last week, and he told me he parted out all of his parts and he gave the car to his dad ...
xxvietside is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 8th, 2006, 07:07 AM   #30
get'cha roll on...

reeeaaaally- did he get something new?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in