Services, Installs, Recommends - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > REGIONAL CHAPTERS > MASSACHUSETTS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2006, 10:16 AM   #1

Services, Installs, Recommends

Hi guys,

I can't seem to find a whole lot of places that do good mod work out here in MA. I just thought I'd throw a post out there where we could either throw out recommendations for shops, places and even members who might do work for good prices (side cash and work). You could probably throw up some reviews of places that you really don't like too or have had bad experiences with, dealers, mechanic shops and such.

I definitely know a few good solid regular mechanics, but no real tuner shops or anything like that.

I'm not really looking to have a lot of work done or anything, but I would like to know a good body shop or paint person who can do good work for cheaper around here. Also wouldn't hurt to know if anyone ever had done the LED conversions, retrofits, etc etc
airflux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 11th, 2006, 04:18 PM   #2

I know there is a shop in malden mass not sure of the the name. I see a lot of cars driving around with their name on them. Sorry i couldn't be more helpful.

good luck!
jb07secamry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:32 AM   #3
Registered Hondaphile

good idea for a thread. i could def use some references for gettin a true-dually exhaust done

for any interior work at all, leather kits, carpets, headliner repairs, custom painting and air brushing, heres a great place thats actually doing my blue on black two tone leather interior (ill post pics when its done)

Platinum Custom Interiors
225 Washington St,
East Bridgewater, MA
Henry Garcia
508 690 1007
774 259 9167

if you want to reference me, im Shawn with the blue 04 accord- he'll hook you up.
its a small shop that this guy owns and runs himself and he takes his job very seriously and it shows in his work.

once i get my car back, ill put up a couple more references
anderson930 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old October 11th, 2006, 08:42 AM   #4
Registered Hondaphile

also, the most honest and legit dealership i've encountered on the east side of MA is definitely
Herb Chambers Honda-Burlington
33 Cambridge St
Burlington, MA 1803
(781) 273-5000

they installed my buddy's auto-dimming mirror for free because he was in earlier that week to get DEPO headlights installed and they didnt want him spending all his money. i sh*t you not

and before i brought my front sway bar there to get installed. they realized it wouldve taken 4-5 hrs for them to do but instead of suckin up all that money in labor, they referred me to a local mechanic that would do it for less than half the labor.
Old October 11th, 2006, 04:49 PM   #5
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
nice- cambridgeside honda on fresh pond parkway in cambridge, MA has always been good to me. they've done some minor repairs/oil changes for me and are seemingly "after-market friendly"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 15th, 2006, 06:52 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to timot_one Send a message via Yahoo to timot_one
Herb Chambers in Burlington has always been good to me. The parts guy used to hook me up with small discounts on parts. They're a pretty legit dealership.

Honda Village on the other hand has tried to shaft me so many times. I would stay away from them and their "suggested" body shop, Village Collision in Brookline.

I've also had a good experience at Lou's Custom Exhaust in Waltham. The owners Joe and Brian are stand up guys. They'll take the time to talk to ya and ask what you want. The last time I was there we were all standing under my car to try and figure out what would fit and figure out what the best set up was going to be. I've also heard good things about the Lou's in Worcester.

On the topic of HID retro's, I have some experience and I'd be glad to help you out with one or do a retro. I haven't worked with LED's too much yet, but that will change soon enough.
timot_one is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 16th, 2006, 03:34 PM   #7
Shes like the wind

Send a message via AIM to xi0utlawstarix
Anyone got any hookup or knows any shop that has varieties of aftermarket car alarm with remote starter.
xi0utlawstarix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 18th, 2006, 06:04 PM   #8
Shes like the wind

Another bump.... so far Iím getting $530 install for code alarm and $570 for viper car alarm 2 way.

Any shop that you guys can recommend around Worcester or Boston.
Old October 18th, 2006, 07:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xi0utlawstarix
Another bump.... so far Iím getting $530 install for code alarm and $570 for viper car alarm 2 way.

Any shop that you guys can recommend around Worcester or Boston.
I only paid around $300 for my Viper 791XV if you're looking for a 2 way alarm. I did the alarm install with my mechanic, so I can're really suggest a shop, but most reputable car audio shops should be able to do the installation.
Old October 20th, 2006, 07:29 AM   #10
Shes like the wind

The shops I went to only carry an alarm made by code-alarm. Another shops carry only viper. I guess $570 installed for a viper is not a bad price.
Old December 20th, 2006, 10:23 AM   #11
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
bump- any good recommendations for suspension installs? i think ive decided on the neuspeed supercup kit as my christmas gift to myself

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2007, 08:29 AM   #12
Registered Hondaphile

theres this mechanic in taunton that my family's been going to for a while now for their civics etc.
its a privately owned garage run pretty much by this one guy and he specializes in honda.
im going to him today for an alignment and talk to him about my edfc and other stuff

my whole family that goes to him vouches that he does a great job at a low price is a Honda freak so thats a plus for sure

ill make my own review and provide contact info for you guys after i do some business with him
Old January 8th, 2007, 10:15 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson930
theres this mechanic in taunton that my family's been going to for a while now for their civics etc.
its a privately owned garage run pretty much by this one guy and he specializes in honda.
im going to him today for an alignment and talk to him about my edfc and other stuff

my whole family that goes to him vouches that he does a great job at a low price is a Honda freak so thats a plus for sure

ill make my own review and provide contact info for you guys after i do some business with him
Hey man. Can you PM me the info about that shop in Taunton. I need an alignment in the worst way and I don't want any old fool doing it.
Old January 14th, 2007, 12:16 PM   #14
Registered Hondaphile

for that shop in Taunton i mentioned- i talked to the guy but havent had work done yet, but i can tell you he's a good guy and knows his shlt!

Kevin's Auto Service
261 Longmeadow Rd
Taunton, MA 02780
(508) 824-5353

its right off 44 heading toward taunton center

PS i am now subscribed to this thread so my replies wont be so delayed- sorry about that gents

Last edited by anderson930; January 14th, 2007 at 12:22 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in