I got mine! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > MAZDA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2004, 06:57 PM   #1
Focus

I got mine!

at 4:20 on Friday, January 2nd.
Pics to come soon.
It's looking dope.
Advertisement

Old January 3rd, 2004, 10:23 PM   #2
Owner of a slow ass Accord

Send a message via AIM to Nikerey
Re: I got mine!

Quote:
Originally posted by AndersonV
at 4:20 on Friday, January 2nd.
Pics to come soon.
It's looking dope.
you got a mazda 6?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

98 Honda Accord EX V6
2 12" JL W6 V2s w/ JL 1000/1--Fiber Images CF Hood
Tannabe Hyper Medallion--Injen intake--TYC Heads & Tails
Other Misc mods

N.A.T.O. - No Altezza Taillight Organization
Anti N.A.T.T.O.
Nikerey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 5th, 2004, 11:32 AM   #3

congrats!! it's the 5th where are the pics?!?!
A10ZA03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 6th, 2004, 10:12 PM   #4
Focus

Yeah, I got a mazda 6s

I know that

but alas the pictures I took of the car so far are low quality and so I don't wanna post 'em up yet. The car looks great though, just the pics came out bad. In front of the Supreme Court in Queens (NY).

It's a black 6s with auto transmission, and sport package, no luxury package. I love the way it looks and feels, much better low-end pick up than the 02 ex v6 accord i was driving, and a more pleasant exhaust note; better suspension (for my 'needs' anyway), better display.

I do miss the accord though, I can't deny that. The accord to me seems like a much bigger car, and I loved the leather in it, and just the plain functionality of everything. Like somebody in Road and Track put it, it did "nothing wrong and everything right". Redundant to make a point. The 6 is a slightly smaller car, to my subjective view, in almost every dimension.
This is not a gripe per se, but somehow the interior cabin of the accord seemed much more spacious. That, and the nice leather in the accord, are what I miss, and nothing else.

For those of you getting the wrong message, here's a little ammendment: I love my 6! It handles beautifully, turns a couple more heads than the accord did (one would hope!!), and just looks so damn good. Only thing I would change about my car is the antenna placement. Why there, right in the middle of the roof? Okay, near the rear window/middle, but still...
As for people's complaints about the speakers, I hear some distortion (is that the right word? fuzziness and breaking up are what I'm trying to get across) at the LOW levels but it clears up at the high levels. Strange. I haven't taken the sound system to really high levels yet (I usually leave it at ~20 on the display for open-window driving, and ~8-10 for closed-window driving). However, the radio reception is pretty bad, and I know it's not my location, because the radio stations tune in fine on my accord. Perhaps Mazda, in the midst of trying to make the antenna look..."pretty", messed up it's design or something to that effect? It has a lot of spirals on it, and it pretty much sucks in placement.

Welp, I had hoped that the v6p.net mazda forum would start to liven up, but seeing that there is a dearth of members, I've joined mazda6club.com in order to glean some more information on the car that I've just acquired.
I do check back here regularly though...

Oh, and I plan on going the whole 5 (not the whole 9) with this car. Intake, headers, exhaust, some exterior mods, etc. If anyone has any good info on these things for me and others, I would greatly appreciate it. I know of some things that are available, but mostly rely on Draxas.com for updates. Hopefully they will be coming out with some more things soon.

I'm glad to join the fraternity (not an XX/XY thing, but a peer thing!) of the mazda 6! May our trannies live long, our engines live longer, and last and not least, may the aftermarket for this car be plenty and abundant.
Old January 7th, 2004, 03:01 PM   #5

you'll actually find that most of us mazda members are from the 6club... but we're starting to gain more people in here... they gave us our own forum so they must expect great things from us hahaha... hope you stick around!

it's okie.. i haven't updated my pics since i got my new lights anyway...
Old January 11th, 2004, 03:02 AM   #6
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Wow, I didn't know you got your 6 already Congrats! I can't wait to see pics of it. Do you plan on taking it to the track our auto-crossing it?
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 11th, 2004, 09:57 AM   #7
Focus

Of coursely I'm gonna take it to the track!
Dunno about auto-xing though, I'm not even sure where the nearest place is. I know I will look like an ass the first time i get there, but that's not what's stopping me; just lack of knowledge (event specifics) and time (hectic schedule!).

The nearest track is at Englishtown for me; I don't like that trek so perhaps when I can convince my friend (with the cobra previously mentioned on these boards) to tag along I will make the trip.

554 miles on my car so far; can't wait till the 600 mile break-in period is over!

Well here's a pic, one of three that I have. It's on 53rd street and 6th ave, near the best little halal meat place in nyc
I know~! the pic sucks. Will take more when I have time; I got a pathology exam coming up.

edit: errr...I tried, but it said the maximum picture size is 102400 bytes or something.
Old January 13th, 2004, 10:42 AM   #8

if you take it to the track i think a lot of people were warning that you should remove your license plates before you get there... i heard one mazda6club member lost his warranty because he was caught on the track...
Old January 14th, 2004, 04:50 PM   #9
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

That would suck

I would wait until you have at least 2000 miles on your car before you hit the track. I know the owner's manual states that 600 miles is the break-in period but many mechanics recommend waiting a little bit longer than that. I didn't go WOT in my AV6 until 2k and from 600 until 2000 miles I gradually increased the revs. That way, I didn't go straight from babying the car to going all out with it

As for the pics, go to www.imagestation.com. You can start a free account and host your pics from there.
Old January 14th, 2004, 04:54 PM   #10
I love you Cat...forever

Send a message via AIM to KCMC582
wait, how the hell does going to the track void your warranty? im sorry, but that is REDICULOUS. so its ok to go out on the street, slam the gas and launch as fast as you can, but in a sactioned racing environment its not allowed?

screw Mazda

and congrats on the new car. we have a mazda 6s, but no one will let me drive it.
KCMC582 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2004, 09:18 PM   #11
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Quote:
Originally posted by KCMC582 on January 14th, 2004 at 06:54 PM

wait, how the hell does going to the track void your warranty? im sorry, but that is REDICULOUS. so its ok to go out on the street, slam the gas and launch as fast as you can, but in a sactioned racing environment its not allowed?

screw Mazda

That is messed up but I bet Honda, Toyota, etc. would do the same thing and I've heard that Subaru does, too.

Quote:
we have a mazda 6s, but no one will let me drive it.
That sux It's not like you're a kid anymore lol. I can see if you were like 15, 16 or even 17, then that would make sense but geez you're gonna be 22 this year! Parents
Old January 14th, 2004, 09:22 PM   #12

i don't think it's just mazda... i heard the same thing happened to a few wrx owners... i guess they have people scouting now because of all the warranty claims they get... i'm sure they're thinking you're going to drive harder on a track than on the public roads... even though a lot of people drive the same no matter what...
Old January 14th, 2004, 09:30 PM   #13
I love you Cat...forever

well yeah, but a WRX purchase gives u a membership to SCCA or something, and they dont like that. i guess auto xing is more rough on the car or whatever, who knows, but thats bull****. and the people reporting them are A$$HOLES. i mean, come on, your warranty is voided cuz your racing? so any of the other 1000 things that can be repaired under warranty are voided cuz you raced?

again, screw mazda.

well, in my family, its really always been you drive your own car. i have my car, so my parents really dont see a point in me driving theirs, plus we have a POS backup car. i drive my dads Ranger if he needs me to do something, or if i really must, but there is no reason for me to drive the 6, as they see it, cuz it has no benefits over me driving my car.
Old January 15th, 2004, 11:07 AM   #14

so you're saying that you should be able to go buy a car... take it to the track.. blow the engine... and it should be replaced under warranty?? i don't think so... that wouldn't be smart business because you'd lose too much money... it's like shopping at a glass store... you see the sign "you break it, you bought it" well instead you already bought it and then you broke it and now you want them to fix it for free? these cars aren't being sold to be taken to the track, and they aren't being sold to be driven like that on the public roads... if you choose to do that then that's your decision but you have to expect to face some consequences for what happened after the fact... if you drive it hard and something happens because of it, it's just considered normal wear and tear and that's not covered... when you take it to a track you drive even more aggresively, had you not done that then your car never would've had the problems that it has now... so what we have here are people who can't admit fault when they break something... instead they want the car companies to pay for the car owner's mistakes... personally i think it's your fault for not waiting until your warranty was up anyway...

screw mazda? i don't think so.. screw honda... i've personally had a few problems with honda service and i NEVER took my prelude to the track... i had an auto-stick and a couple incidents with my transmission not shifting properly in auto mode... when i told them what was going on the service guy took one look at my car and said i've seen you around and i've seen the way you drive and your warrany isn't going to cover this because it's normal wear and tear... i was like WTF! so of course i took it to another dealership and had it handled, turned out to be a defect in the chip or something like that... i didn't have much of a clue what he was talking about back then... all i cared about what that it worked fine afterwards... however a couple of years later i went back to that first dealership because it was the closest and they actually refused to handle a recall on my car because i knew about it before them so they didn't believe me... then when i called honda corp and informed them that no one knew of such a recall for my car, they had to call the dealership and tell them otherwise and i got everyone in trouble.. so then they came at me and said my aftermarket alarm is affecting the electrical circuit and shorted out my starter so since it's not recall related they wanted to charge me a $200 inspection fee... another call to honda corp cleared that one up pretty fast... apparently because they had so many problems with my case they had to call the owner of that store and get him involved... it wasn't pretty... by the time i took my car in for the recall everyone knew who i was and gave me that ***** look.

EVERY manufactuerer will have at least one **** dealership with service problems... but it's not fair to say screw this company because of how one dealership handles their service. i'm sure more people would be walking around saying screw honda... since hondas are the most well known for modifications and racing... i've seen it happen way too many times where people had warranty issues just because their car was modified... sometimes you can get away with it, sometimes you can't... simply take it to another dealership, other times you have to live with your decision to modify things or race your car...

it's not the auto makers that are the problem... it's the dealership service dept... they don't like doing recalls and warranty work.. they don't get paid as much...

Last edited by A10ZA03; January 15th, 2004 at 11:12 AM..
Old January 15th, 2004, 11:27 AM   #15
I love you Cat...forever

well yes, you are right, it IS the dealerships, so i should be saying "screw the ***** mazda dealer"

i dont wanna get in a big debate about this, you are right in this situation, but its too much of a fuzzy area where some people can drive like *******s on the highway and get warranty coverage and some kids can go to a track once and get denied.

i guess my used car dealers warranty has spoiled me, but it really does make me leary about new car dealers warranties.
Old January 15th, 2004, 02:38 PM   #16

sorry i didn't mean to get fiesty about it.. i think it's because i feel like everyone picks on mazda because they're affiliated with ford... ford itself isn't that bad of a company... they've been making a lot of changes since the whole explorer thing...

anyways my only advice is that for anyone who does decide to take it to a track should take some precautions like removing your plate before you leave your house... and i've never been to a track before but if you can get away with covering up your VIN that's in plain view and hope someone else has a car that looks just like yours so they can't pick on you
Old January 15th, 2004, 02:43 PM   #17
Out of my Mind, Somewhere

Send a message via Yahoo to TooHypper
Ok, do I need to start the spankings again!!

everyone
TooHypper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2004, 02:48 PM   #18

we're being good! i swear!
Old January 16th, 2004, 03:16 AM   #19
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Ford makes the 6th gen Accord V6's gauges, so we can't make fun of Mazda anymore j/k
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2004, 09:44 PM   #20
moDDerator (wannabe)

Quote:
Originally posted by TH23 on January 16th, 2004 at 10:16 AM

Ford makes the 6th gen Accord V6's gauges, so we can't make fun of Mazda anymore j/k
is this for real?
corrado85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2004, 09:47 PM   #21
HOOK 'EM

Send a message via AIM to blackdragon
yes, it's for real, i saw the ford emblem when i was putin my reverse EL gauges in. I laughed my @$$ off.
blackdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in