Mazda 3 Owners? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > MAZDA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2004, 10:35 PM   #1
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Midnight Heretic Send a message via Yahoo to Midnight Heretic
Mazda 3 Owners?

hey i was thinking of gettting one of these, i havent drove one yet but i looked at one and like the styling alot...i know they are not going to be that fast, but my two cars are down to the Nissan Sentra SE-R spec V or the mazda 3, the sentra alot fast but i dont really need a fast car(speeding tickets), so i just wanted to get some feedback that have had one or do have one or have a real opinion on one
thnx
Midnight Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 22nd, 2004, 12:32 AM   #2
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Between the Mazda 3 and the SE-R Spec V, I'd take the 3. It may not be as fast as the Spec V but it's a much nicer car overall. It has a much better ride/handling compromise so it won't jar your teeth out like the SE-R but it still handles well. It also looks much better, IMHO. The only downside to the 3 is that it can get pretty pricey with options.

Since you're looking at sporty compact sedans, I have to recommend the Lancer Ralliart. Many people don't know about it so it gets overlooked a lot. It's sort of a compromise between the 3 and the Spec V, not as luxurious and comfortable as the 3 but not as raw and harsh as the Spec V. You can learn more about it at evolutionm.net
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2004, 12:54 AM   #3
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Midnight Heretic Send a message via Yahoo to Midnight Heretic
ill look into that lancer, how much are they on average you know? cuz here are my current prices (all of them i can well afford)

03 SER Spec V-from 13500 to 16000 depending on miles and such

04 Mazda 3- all goodies and stuff-around 19000, but can probably find one for around 17500 with the dvd navigation and all that crap,

02-03 Mazda protege5- very attractive imho, may be pretty weak but i dont care, im leaning towards more luxury cuz a sound system will be the main component of the car, not a whole lot of performance with any of the cars......

so the se-r rides pretty rough? see thats my one big prob, never been in any of them, im doing that hopefully tommorow or monday, i just hate dealing with salesman!

Old February 22nd, 2004, 06:03 PM   #4

The Mazda 3s MTX was good enough to make a 7.4 sec run to 60. Not bad for such a small car with all that stuff! Compared to the Sentra, the 3 will feel like a much nicer car. Despite the power that the Sentra has, you never get past the fact that it is just a souped up cheapo car. Everything in the car reaks of cheap. And the ride is very harsh and unrefined. The steering was VERY un-sportcar like. Drive them all and make your own opinion. Dollar for dollar the 3 is just overall better.
Blue Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2004, 08:12 PM   #5
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

The Sentra feels very cheap and unrefined. Plus, the rough ride makes it worse and the car slams loudly over bumps. I'm sure squeaks and rattles will be a pretty big problem on the SE-R after you put some miles on the clock.

If you're looking for luxury, then the 3 is at the top. It kind of reminds me of a little front-drive BMW, if there was such a thing

Check out the thread I made on the Mazda 3 a few months ago:

The new Mazda 3

Quote:
Originally posted by Midnight Heretic on February 22nd, 2004 at 02:54 AM

ill look into that lancer, how much are they on average you know? cuz here are my current prices (all of them i can well afford)
Ralliart 5-speeds sticker for about $18,500 with destination charge and the invoice is price is $1,000 less than that. Right now, they're offering $1000 cash back so with some good dealing you could probably get one for $16,500+Tax, tag, etc.

If you can get a 3 the way you want it for around that price, go for it. I was under the impression that the 3 was a little more expensive than $17,500 with navigation and such.

Quote:
i just hate dealing with salesman!
Me too! I pretty much bought my Accord online by emailing the dealership's internet sales manager, got a quote from him, went into the dealership that afternoon and left with my new car less than two hours later
Old February 22nd, 2004, 10:45 PM   #6
Banned

ok kool, i drove a sentra se-r today and was not impressed, the power was good..but just wasnt feeling it.....going to drive the 3 2morrow, the 17,500 ir rough, cars are diff prices depending on location and demand...
Old February 23rd, 2004, 12:52 AM   #7
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Cool Let us know how you like the 3
Old February 23rd, 2004, 05:51 AM   #8

Yah, the 3s fully loaded with leather, roof, xenon and navi is about 23k. However, you can get one very nicely equiped for lses if you back off the navi ($1,750 option) and the xenon ($1,000 option). Also, if you start backing off options like leather that you cant even get on the other cars you are comparing, you can easilly get the price right where you need it to be. Besides, why would you want the leather in a 3, the seats aren't even heated! In the cold, that would suck! In terms of getting a deal, according to Edmunds, the deals folks are getting on the 3 are not very far below MSRP, probably because it is such a new model.
Old February 23rd, 2004, 01:05 PM   #9
Banned

i like leather, heated is sweet, but i dont care, my cloth seats in the accord have just gone to *hit, girls makeup spilled on it, food all kinds of crap from people in my car, leather can handle it better, the navi is something i will prob not get, but the xenons definetely and i dont need others, like the 6 disc indash cd player, because i would be switching it out anyways for my sound system..so i can rig it to be a awesome price........hopefully i can get time today and go do it
Old February 23rd, 2004, 01:34 PM   #10
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

You'd probably be better off getting an aftermarket HID kit because of Mazda's tricky option packages. The Xenon and Tire Pressure Monitoring System Pkg. requires the ABS/Airbag Pkg. and Sport Pkg. and raises the MSRP to $18,915. Add leather and you're looking at $19,505. If you skip the Xenon Pkg and just get leather and the Sport Pkg.(required with Leather), you can get a 3s 5-speed for $18,005 MSRP

Here's the option breakdown:

Mazda 3s 5-speed $16,925

Options:

-Leather $590 (requires Sport Package)
-Sport Package $490
-Xenon and TPMS Package $700 (requires ABS/Airbag Package and Sport Package)
-ABS/Airbag Package $800
-Moonroof and 6CD Package $890
Old February 23rd, 2004, 01:47 PM   #11
Banned

yeah and im not sure if the base price will be the same with the wagon or if that is the wagon....but i will prob get all those options, im getting it through a "aquaintance" who has tricky ways of doing the price, he got me one just like that without the xenon package for 17,500, so add that in he could prob do 18,000, if he can im all for it....cuz pluz licensing and crap it will prob be around 19,500 to 20gs
Old February 23rd, 2004, 01:48 PM   #12
Banned

oh and BTW! im prob nto getting the 5spd, im getting the tiptronic auto
Old February 23rd, 2004, 02:27 PM   #13
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Oh, okay Hopefully he can get you a good deal then
Old March 1st, 2004, 01:20 AM   #14

Send a message via ICQ to willshire Send a message via AIM to willshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Midnight Heretic on February 23rd, 2004 at 12:48 PM

oh and BTW! im prob nto getting the 5spd, im getting the tiptronic auto
The tiptronic is so much fun to drive. When I test drove one, the saleman let me do whatever I wanted, including getting the car sideways! The power isn't too bad, even though I kept hitting the rev limiter. Overall, I think this car is seriously fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
willshire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2004, 12:15 PM   #15
Banned

ive havent had the time to go test drive the 3 yet, but i drove a 350z with tiptronic and it was a blast, i just gotta find time to go drive this thing
Old March 1st, 2004, 01:58 PM   #16

you should check out the rev it up since it's with the 3's this time.. this way you can really test drive it.. hehehe
A10ZA03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2004, 04:17 PM   #17
Banned

what you mean? rev it up?

anyways today was the day..i went and drove the 3 that i wanted..the leather..xenon lights the whole shoot and match......and the tiptronic...and the tiptronic made it fun...since its not as fast as my av6 but still quite peppy..and the drivability was fantastic...im psyched...hopefully this baby is coming to my driveway soon! i was really impressed
Old March 1st, 2004, 05:17 PM   #18

check out mazdarevitup.com

it's a performance driving competition if you pay for that. otherwise it's free to go to to test drive the cars on a mini course... the competition is fun though.. it's actually a one day driving school type of thing
A10ZA03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2004, 05:26 PM   #19
Banned

yeah but i doubt they are doing this in utah...there is snow on the ground and the dealer didnt mention it
Old March 2nd, 2004, 02:47 AM   #20
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Quote:
Originally posted by Midnight Heretic on March 1st, 2004 at 06:17 PM

anyways today was the day..i went and drove the 3 that i wanted..the leather..xenon lights the whole shoot and match......and the tiptronic...and the tiptronic made it fun...since its not as fast as my av6 but still quite peppy..and the drivability was fantastic...im psyched...hopefully this baby is coming to my driveway soon! i was really impressed
Sweet
Old March 2nd, 2004, 06:01 AM   #21

Yah I drove a 3s MTX on Saturday becasue I got a test drive offer from Mazda and I was impressed. Since I am not in the market for this car, I did not look at the sticker before I got in. The car had moonroof, cloth seats and the premium sound system and was only $18,400 ish. I was shocked when I saw that after having driven it. I found it to be very peppy and fun in the stick and a great little handler. I still like my 6 better, but with good fit and finish to boot for the price, I would reccomend it to anyone!
Old March 2nd, 2004, 09:20 AM   #22
Banned

yeah i mean its not like its going to blow any doors off....but it is still peppy........and that revitup thing is not taking place here in utah...i wish it was...but oh well.....yeah im trying to decide on the cloth or leather...both look nice....i kinda just wish they were heated...i mean the leather
Old March 2nd, 2004, 10:06 AM   #23

Go with cloth. The leather isn't even heated. Save yourself the cash.
Old March 2nd, 2004, 10:48 AM   #24
Banned

yeah and the leather is kinda hard i noticed when i sat in it...leather just stays cleaner
Old March 2nd, 2004, 01:47 PM   #25

The cloth seats are firm too, just the way Mazda makes-em I guess. Firm is better for support anyhow.
Old March 2nd, 2004, 06:05 PM   #26
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

I've seen 3 Mazda 3's in the past 24 hours.

One last night was a sedan with the HIDs and it looked pretty sweet. Saw a hatchback today or whatever they call it and it looked a little funny. Miata style taillights, and then it looked like it had some "M Coupe" (that funny Z3 coupe/wagon thingy they made for a few years) "bulge" on the rear or something. I saw it from the side and it looked sorta like a Matrix. Pretty neat overall. Then directly in front of it there was another 3 sedan. The tail lights sorta reminded me of a newer style Chevy Cavalier. But other than that, that one looked pretty nice too.

I'd definitely get one for a daily driver. But they're still too slow to be my only car. But the low price would leave room in the budget for another car too. hmmmm....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 2nd, 2004, 08:35 PM   #27
Banned

yeah well this is just my daily driver.....to get my lead foot out i just use this

and the ass end of the wagon thingy is kinda funky...but the interior is what i like...im not a big fan of the sedan either....reminds of a focus or something......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in