Any Thoughts on the Mazda 6 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > MAZDA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2004, 04:24 PM   #1

Any Thoughts on the Mazda 6

Looking into to purchasing one for my sister any pro's or cons

Thanks
gurdeep007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 5th, 2004, 04:58 PM   #2
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
V6 or inline 4? Manual or automatic?

We need a bit more info .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 5th, 2004, 05:44 PM   #3
SC3

Get the manual if you can. The automatic is slow. Manuals are hard to find. Many Mazda6 owners couldn't wait the several months to get the manual and got the automatic instead.

The best thing you can do is test drive one at a RevItUp event near you. You'll have to sign an insurance waiver for obvious reasons. Head to the test driving area, they should have a one available, while you're at it you can also test drive the MazdaSpeed Miata and RX-8 6 speed.

-SC3
SC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 5th, 2004, 08:15 PM   #4

Hey, the auto isn't that slow.....

MODs:
EUROLITE blue door lights
Injen CAI
Nokya hyperwhite H1's-lowbeams
Chromax purple 194 parking llights-changing to hyperwhites soon
CSX Viento JDM Air freshner (shower cologne)
Mobil1 5W-30 synthetic engine oil w/Purolator filter
Eibach Pro Kit springs
no mods for a while..

Import_DeSi_trendz-Southern Cali Chapter
CaliAtenza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 5th, 2004, 08:50 PM   #5
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

PROS
- good handling
- good looks (opinion)
- more of a driver's car
- available with V6/manual combo in sedan
- more reliable than Accord (according to Consumer Reports)
- V6/auto has a sport shift mode

CONS
- V6 engine down on power vs competition
- resale won't be as good as Toyota/Honda
- V6/auto not as quick as a lot of others

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2004, 12:15 AM   #6
SC3

Quote:
Originally posted by CaliAtenza
Hey, the auto isn't that slow.....
Well, yeah it's not that slow. It is slower than the manual because of the extra weight of the heavy automatic tranny.

-SC3
Old April 6th, 2004, 10:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by SC3
Well, yeah it's not that slow. It is slower than the manual because of the extra weight of the heavy automatic tranny.

-SC3
true...i will have to agree with u on that. Hey, btw, all the socal mazda6 peeps...try to come out to the V6p.net meet on friday, there is more info in the socal section.

MODs:
EUROLITE blue door lights
Injen CAI
Nokya hyperwhite H1's-lowbeams
Chromax purple 194 parking llights-changing to hyperwhites soon
CSX Viento JDM Air freshner (shower cologne)
Mobil1 5W-30 synthetic engine oil w/Purolator filter
Eibach Pro Kit springs
no mods for a while..

Import_DeSi_trendz-Southern Cali Chapter
CaliAtenza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 7th, 2004, 07:18 AM   #8

I have 3 different variants of the Mazda 6 in my family. I have the 6s MTX with the sport package and LOVE it. It is VERY quick and a blast to drive. My fiancee has a 6i ATX without the sport package. It's not the fastest thing going but is a blast to drive still. It also has a shiftable auto which makes the driving experience even better. Finally, my dad has a 6s ATX without the sport package. Not as quick as my manual, but very fun to drive an still reasonably quick. All 3 of the 6's have been very reliable with no major issues to report. One good thing to know is unlike the likes of Honda and Toyota, whatever 6 you buy comes with the same great suspension. There is no "sport suspension models" and "cushy ride models". The V6 6s's come standard with 17" wheels now, which does ride harder than the 16" 6i wheels and tires, but increase the handling and feel of the car. Definately worth a look.
Blue Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 7th, 2004, 08:05 AM   #9

Thank for the info guys,

but anyone got an mechanical issues?
gurdeep007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 7th, 2004, 10:54 AM   #10

No, nothing major. Any new model is going to have its quirks, but the minor issues that the 6 had in the 2003 year were worked out in the 2004 productions out now. The interesting thing is that the 6 fared BETTER in Consumer Reports initial reliability ratings than did the Accord and Altima, and posted a better score than both of those cars in the JD Power servey's as well. Both being for the 2003 model year. On the 6's in my family, I have 20k+, my fiancee has 10k+ and my dad about 6k, and other than the couple of recall issues, none of us have had anything but a positive experience with our vehicles.
Blue Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in