I love the new Mazda6 5-door (hatchback) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > MAZDA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2004, 02:00 AM   #1
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

I love the new Mazda6 5-door (hatchback)

This thing is sweet.

I love the 6 styling and it especially looks good with the sport package. The 5-door comes with the sport package standard. Good handling and braking, nice interior imo, the performance and mileage of a sedan, yet the cargo handling and versatility of an SUV. And you can get a V6/manual combo also.

I just wish Ford would hurry up and get their 3.5L Duratec out the door. The 3.0 is okay, but a little low on torque for my tastes, especially if equipped with the automatic. I've slowed down a lot recently though, so who knows, maybe the 3.0 would be more than enough for me.

I hope more manufacturers bring back hatchback/5-door models. With fuel prices on the rise and not expected to drop significantly, more and more people are going to be really questioning their high consumption SUV purchases. Cars like the 5-door 6 will swallow up giant TVs and even a friggin washer, dryer, or dishwasher. A sedan wouldn't have a prayer, and there's no need for an SUV for most folks with versatility like this.

My family's old 1985 Camry was a hatchback, and YES, we did in fact bring home a dishwasher or something like that in it without a problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2004, 02:20 AM   #2
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Re: I love the new Mazda6 5-door (hatchback)

Thatís a good looking hatchback . Looks more like it's sedan counterpart than other 5 door/hatchback vehicles like the 1st gen Focus ZX5. IMO, the 6 hatchback looks better than the wagon model sold overseas. With a sedan like design Iím sure it will appeal to American buyers much better than a wagon.

Quote:
Originally posted by SteVTEC on May 27th, 2004 at 04:00 AM

I hope more manufacturers bring back hatchback/5-door models.
A 7th gen Accord hatchback ? It's possible since the window slopes back very far and the trunk lid is very short.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2004, 04:05 AM   #3
ATL

So are you guys getting one? And yes Ford needs to hurry up with the 3.5l tq monster.
ATL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 28th, 2004, 01:32 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to aznpnoy562
We just brought one home today! its a really nice car and loved driving it...its a 4 banger though but still pulls quite well...theres tons of space when the seats fold down.
aznpnoy562 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 28th, 2004, 05:08 PM   #5
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Quote:
Originally posted by ATL on May 27th, 2004 at 06:05 AM

And yes Ford needs to hurry up with the 3.5l tq monster.
I don't think Ford is making that engine anytime soon. The new Ford Five Hundred (here) which looks like the replacement for the Taurus is only coming with the 3.0L Duratec V6.

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 29th, 2004, 02:48 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to aznpnoy562
Here's some pics to our new additions...they're for my brothers (twins) and its for their high school graduation parents....

I've driven both cars and both are a blast to drive, I was even considering having my parents trade in the accord for mazda6 cuz after the first drive, I was sold.

aznpnoy562 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 1st, 2004, 02:33 AM   #7

yo..sweet rides..i love da 6 hatch. Tell ur brothers to join mazda3forums.com and mazda6club.com!!

MODs:
EUROLITE blue door lights
Injen CAI
Nokya hyperwhite H1's-lowbeams
Chromax purple 194 parking llights-changing to hyperwhites soon
CSX Viento JDM Air freshner (shower cologne)
Mobil1 5W-30 synthetic engine oil w/Purolator filter
Eibach Pro Kit springs
no mods for a while..

Import_DeSi_trendz-Southern Cali Chapter
CaliAtenza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 1st, 2004, 11:36 AM   #8

i wish i waited for the hatch... o well my husband needs a new car.. maybe i can talk him into it..
A10ZA03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2004, 08:52 PM   #9

I really love the new direction mazda has taken with their styling. The Mazda 3, 6, and rx-8 are all so very beautiful. Heck, even the MPV makes me drool.
BasicAV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2004, 12:16 AM   #10
M62B44tu powaH!

Quote:
Originally posted by BasicAV6 on June 7th, 2004 at 09:52 PM

I really love the new direction mazda has taken with their styling. The Mazda 3, 6, and rx-8 are all so very beautiful. Heck, even the MPV makes me drool.
Max on This is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in