OH YEAH! - Tuned up Mazda6 "MPS" Coming (Turbo and AWD) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > MAZDA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2004, 01:14 PM   #1
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

OH YEAH! - Tuned up Mazda6 "MPS" Coming (Turbo and AWD)

Confirmed by Autoweek for a mid-2005 debut!

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

September Surprise

Mazda is prepping its own entry for the Subie-Mitsu rally wars—a 276-hp, 265-lb-ft Mazda 6 scheduled for a mid-2005 world debut. Spotted during hot-weather tests in the California desert, this sizzling prototype gets a twin-turbocharged and intercooled 2.3-liter four that is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox and sends power via all-wheel drive to 18-inch tires.

Based on Mazda’s Mazda Performance Series concept shown in Paris in 2002, the production model should debut at this September’s Paris show, carrying either the MPS or MazdaSpeed moniker.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 13th, 2004, 01:16 PM   #2

oh baby! This one is going straight on my HOT list!

I really love the new Legacy and all, but it's a bit cramped for me. I've loved the Mazda6 since it came out and it's a lot roomier for me, but the Ford Duratec 3.0 is down on power compared to other 3.0's these days and lacks the "zoom" factor I'd be looking for if buying new. The turbo/awd setup would change that though .
Old July 13th, 2004, 01:34 PM   #3
Tofu Delivery Boy

Send a message via AIM to The_Tofu_Shop
wow...thats one hot mazda. that zoom zoom, combined with the vroom vroom, and the whrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrH....PSHAAAAAAH* sound would be awesome.... i cant wait

Andy 2
SoCal Pride

G-Spec Points: 40
The_Tofu_Shop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 13th, 2004, 03:45 PM   #4
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
dang.. this baby is HOTTTTTT...
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 13th, 2004, 06:44 PM   #5
Focus

How much will it be?
I'm going to trade in my 2004 m6s for one. Just need to know how much money I need.
Old July 14th, 2004, 05:57 AM   #6

That's great. There have been so many posts over on the 6 boards about this thing and no one really believed Mazda was going to go for it. I will at least have to give this thing a drive for sure.
Blue Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 14th, 2004, 01:23 PM   #7

uh oh... must... not... let... hubby find out! great... now we'll have 2 mazdas and we'll each end up driving seperately to meets because i told him i thought the wrx ugly... so now he's been eyeing this...
A10ZA03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 14th, 2004, 04:58 PM   #8
paper chase'n.

my hommie jus got his 6 turobcharged =] here some pics

damn i betta hurry up and start on my engine, cuz i know diz fawker is ganna race me every chance he gets lol
..ps: his turbo is custom built. by cc auto =]

Team illmatic.

I want to trade My car ^^ for a Stock 7th gen accord. PM ME. no joke.
mQike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 14th, 2004, 05:08 PM   #9
I AM LOST....

^^^ NICE..

yeah.. Chiu told me about it.. he is harrasing me to get it too.. lol...
Old July 14th, 2004, 11:21 PM   #10
ATL

Love that blue 6. He AIM me about it. I got to get a speed6 with AWD now. Going to get rid of my 6s and cut my losses now than wait and pile up mileage on it. Look for me in a civic beater hehe

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

NOPI NATIONALS 2006 - ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY ! 09/16 + 09/17&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
ATL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 14th, 2004, 11:37 PM   #11
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
That should scare the crap out of Mitsubishi and Subaru . Honda/Acura needs to come out with something like this. They already have the AWD system .

BTW: What ever happened to that Concept S/C Mazda6 V6 they showed last year?

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 15th, 2004, 02:23 AM   #12
I AM LOST....

hmm. too bad its a sedan.. or i might just jump to it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumaccordcoupe
BTW: What ever happened to that Concept S/C Mazda6 V6 they showed last year?
who needs a S/C when we now got a turbo Mazda6... i saw it at CC today and that thing is SOOOOOOOO beautiful!!

seriously consider dumping all my money into turbo now.... CC did a very good job on that car...
Old July 15th, 2004, 05:22 AM   #13
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brex
who needs a S/C when we now got a turbo Mazda6... i saw it at CC today and that thing is SOOOOOOOO beautiful!!
Yeah but it was a V6 S/C Mazda6 with more HP and TQ than this one. I would rather have that engine . I forgot if it had AWD.

Old July 15th, 2004, 07:09 PM   #14

mQickMore details on the turbo???? Like horsepower, price, etc.??
bluem6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 15th, 2004, 07:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumaccordcoupe
Yeah but it was a V6 S/C Mazda6 with more HP and TQ than this one. I would rather have that engine . I forgot if it had AWD.
All that weight on the front end will just make it very nose heavy. Plus you don't need displacement when you have boost. Just take the lighter 4-cyl and run a little more boost, all while keeping front end weight in check. Plus the 4-cyl is a Mazda engine and not a Ford Duratec.
Old July 15th, 2004, 11:18 PM   #16
ATL

Yeah.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

NOPI NATIONALS 2006 - ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY ! 09/16 + 09/17&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Old July 16th, 2004, 02:46 AM   #17
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC
All that weight on the front end will just make it very nose heavy. Plus you don't need displacement when you have boost. Just take the lighter 4-cyl and run a little more boost, all while keeping front end weight in check. Plus the 4-cyl is a Mazda engine and not a Ford Duratec.
True , especially the last sentence .

Old July 19th, 2004, 08:23 AM   #18

Doh! I just found this thread a bit late.

That car is the SHIZNIT! It shall be mine! Just not the brand-new '05 model, thank you. I'll take an '06.
DaveDB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 19th, 2004, 08:25 AM   #19

I wonder if Mazda will be turboing the RX-8 at the time this comes out too. Otherwise, that'd be a mighty weird situation to have the flagship sportscar slower than the grocery-getter.
DaveDB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 22nd, 2004, 02:44 AM   #20
ATL

Yeah I find it weird tho that the flagship grocery-getter didn't come with HIDs and Navi from the beginning. But I'm happy now. Well the RX-7 will fill that spot for ya. If it is re-release.
Old July 30th, 2004, 05:04 PM   #21

Mazda is rumored to be working on a supercharged RX8. They heard all the cries for more H.P. and TORQUE, including my WHA WHA WHA!
03 stinkyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2004, 02:04 PM   #22

That blue turbo Mazda 6 is just incredible. You couldn't ask or possibly want anything more in ground transportation. I just wish and hope they make and auto version with a little more power to equal the manual times.
Old August 1st, 2004, 05:16 PM   #23
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 stinkyaccord
Mazda is rumored to be working on a supercharged RX8. They heard all the cries for more H.P. and TORQUE, including my WHA WHA WHA!
That’s very interesting . I wonder if they will offer this rumored S/C version with an automatic.

Old August 1st, 2004, 05:57 PM   #24

I think the automatic needs it more than the manual, but for now that is all it is, RUMORS. Whether it's and auto FI or manual or both, I'm going to trade mine in regardless. I need the extra room and automatic for my situation. Mazda is reported to go with supercharging due to emissions reasons and EGR temperatures, if nothing else. There are a few companies that are in the process of installing turbo's or have done so already and are in testing stages. Someone was telling me he took a ride in one during early testing trials and at 9 psi and 350 WHP was pulling low 12s, nothing but a greddy air/fuel controller, larger fuel pump, turbo and intercooler, everything else is stock.
Old August 4th, 2004, 11:23 AM   #25

I talked to my sales guy over at Mazda (and before you stereotype him as a stupid know nothing sales guy, he actually knows and stays on top of stuff) and the dealerships have not heard a word about the MPS-6. Hopefully the just haven't told them, but this whole thing could be heresay, who knows.
Old August 4th, 2004, 11:28 AM   #26

oh snap, I just re-read the article. It said it'll debut in September but they didn't mention anything about whether it's coming to the US or not. Damn.
Old August 5th, 2004, 12:37 AM   #27
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
oh snap, I just re-read the article. It said it'll debut in September but they didn't mention anything about whether it's coming to the US or not. Damn.
Again, America gets screwed out of another really good car from another country .

Old August 5th, 2004, 06:02 AM   #28

Well you would think it would be if it were being tested in the California Desert, but I would have thought the dealerships would know about it by now if it were coming out in September......
Old September 29th, 2004, 04:15 PM   #29

Send a message via AIM to Vigo
OMG, could Mazda FINALLY be breaking the 'too little too late' trend they've set for the past several years?? that HAS to be a good thing.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 4th, 2004, 05:37 PM   #30
V6 -> I4 -> I6

Send a message via AIM to HwaNi.J30A-C
Wow this is great news. Mazdaspeed 6. Whats up with Mazda man..
I think they hired bunch of harvard top graduates or something.
Super cool design, ideas and line-ups. amazing... I'll look forward to it.

Quote:
Plus you don't need displacement when you have boost.
You know that ain't true. btw, goddamn steve. You are so picky. Legacy suks, new accord suks, new altima suks, new maxima suks.... jeez. just get a damn S4 then.
HwaNi.J30A-C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in