FC3S Questions - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > MAZDA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2005, 04:04 AM   #1
Tofu Delivery Boy

Send a message via AIM to The_Tofu_Shop
FC3S Questions

I am currently debating (though i probably will end up doing so) buying a FC3S Which my friend has. He has offered it to me at a real good price. The shell is intact, but it doesnt run. He says everything else is fine, and He doesnt know what the problem is with the engine, but he assures me that it is intact and everything else is in working condition.

Out of curiousity, besides the cooling problems a lot of Rotarys have, is there anything i should look out for with the car? The FC in particular. I mean, are there any bad years, some recurring problems?

I hopefully will be able to go look at the car later this week and then if it looks good, have it towed out and it will be all mine

But any information you guys could give me would be wonderful

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Andy 2
SoCal Pride

G-Spec Points: 40
The_Tofu_Shop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 6th, 2005, 01:52 PM   #2
Tofu Delivery Boy

bump.... anyone?

Andy 2
SoCal Pride

Old February 11th, 2005, 01:46 AM   #3

The 94-95 rx7 is better than the previous year. obviously get one with manual trans!
themerchanr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 11th, 2005, 04:01 AM   #4
Tofu Delivery Boy

eh/. i ended up not getting it, found out it was an S4 instead of an S5, which was what i was actually looking for...

and yes, i love th FD, but i was talking about an FC.

I love the FC and FD and the first gen also.

but theres always been something special about a FC in my mind...

Andy 2
SoCal Pride

Old February 23rd, 2005, 10:15 PM   #5

fd, fc. not worth buying used.

a real hazard in reliability compared to our hondas.

however...if you have the money, shell it out for a fd.
2spEeDautO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 18th, 2005, 02:19 PM   #6
Your V12, My V-twin.

Send a message via AIM to JonHsiung
A big problem with the FC3S is the fact that apex seals on the rotary engine will break. Once you have both apex seals cracked, you're screwed until you get them fixed. It's hard to find a rotary mechanic but if you take the job on yourself and plan to do all your own work, you will have a lot to learn but it should be well worth the problems. Even non-boosted, it's a pretty badass engine and car. My roommate had a FC3S non-turbo and with a full suspension and with him behind the wheel it was one of the most badass cars I've remembered driving. Going drifting/near-drifting on Turnbull Cyn and Azusa Cyn was euphoric.

If you're buying for less than say...700, I'd say go for it.

JonHsiung is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 18th, 2005, 08:18 PM   #7
Tofu Delivery Boy

wow. you guys took way too long to respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2spEeDautO
fd, fc. not worth buying used.

a real hazard in reliability compared to our hondas.

however...if you have the money, shell it out for a fd.
Hehe, i know the facts on the rotary engine, the problems with reliability mainly hinge on its inefficient cooling techniques...but yea, i dont know about not being worth it buying used. i love the car, and its going to be my next car. no matter what. FD, FC or SW20. im old school, and i just love the cars. I would buy an FD because heck, its a stronger platform and its newer, but its just so common. i see FDs all the time, i only see a FC every once in a while...and thats what i want, something that you dont see every day. thats why i dont want a G35 or a 350z or an integra or RSX. i ono. its just me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonHsiung
A big problem with the FC3S is the fact that apex seals on the rotary engine will break. Once you have both apex seals cracked, you're screwed until you get them fixed. It's hard to find a rotary mechanic but if you take the job on yourself and plan to do all your own work, you will have a lot to learn but it should be well worth the problems. Even non-boosted, it's a pretty badass engine and car. My roommate had a FC3S non-turbo and with a full suspension and with him behind the wheel it was one of the most badass cars I've remembered driving. Going drifting/near-drifting on Turnbull Cyn and Azusa Cyn was euphoric.

If you're buying for less than say...700, I'd say go for it.
Yeah, it turned out to be a S4 Non-Turbo, so i passed up on it, i originally heard it was the Turbo II S5, which is why i was so tempted to buy it, but i am happy i didnt though, cause it would have been quite the project for me to get all fixed and running. If it was an S5 i would have jumped on it and already had the car sitting here. but i dont wanna go through the hassle of doing the S4->S5 conversions of the bumpers and the lights and the corners....As for the apex seals, its funny you mention this, because after i found the FC, i became active on a bunch of RX-7/Rotary Boards and they actually helped me a lot when i was deciding, i mean, basically they priced it out for me to fix it and get it the way i wanted it, S5 turbo engine with all S5 trim. And it was too much for me at this time. i think imma just focus on my 6th gen for now, it needs enough work done as it is.

But thanks for replying you guys, its better late than never.

Andy 2
SoCal Pride

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in