Hookah in NoVA - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > REGIONAL CHAPTERS > MD - DC - VA - WV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 29th, 2008, 07:54 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to SPoolinspOON
Hookah in NoVA

well let me start by saying that I have been smoking hookah for a solid 3-4 years. I currently have 10 hookahs and over 65 flavors.

Any other people in the area smoke hookah?

****Please note that disscussion of illegal drug paraphernalia will be banned. Please keep it legal.

Last edited by SPoolinspOON; September 30th, 2008 at 06:18 AM..
SPoolinspOON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 29th, 2008, 08:06 PM   #2
THLA 2009 Bombsquad

Send a message via AIM to Dtownz Thrillah
Me

Orange and mint is my favorite ..

Ice and fruit punch at the bottom ..

tobacco in half an orange =]

I love itttt
Dtownz Thrillah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 29th, 2008, 08:21 PM   #3
i haz vtec

me!
zany is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 29th, 2008, 08:22 PM   #4

me tres
JCharged is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 29th, 2008, 08:23 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to indowanksta88
i <3 hoookah i hookahd everyday over summer and hookah here a lot too
indowanksta88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 29th, 2008, 08:26 PM   #6

Question: can you give me some more info about hookah?

As for hookahs, there are differn't types of hookahs. They all generally work the same. Some may flow better while some may look better. Height does not really make a differnce in smoke temp. It's really just about heat management and how you packed the bowl.

Hookahs generally come in 3 differn't styles. Egyptions are teh classic pipe. The stem generally has the same design and are generally made of brass or stainless steel. Syrians are made of brass with a bit more artsiness too them. These are generally very reliable when it comes to durablity. You also have modern hookahs which are generally more for looks. People generally stay away from modern hookahs because of the quality. They are 99&#37; of the time made in China. The only modern hookah I will buy is MYA. MYA is known for the quality and material they use. There are the more populat brands of hookahs..Khalil mamoon, Magdy Zidan, MYA, just to name a few.

As for tobacco its endless. Many people seem to ask, "which is the best brand?" I just tell them what flavor are you looking for and lead them to the right direction. Brands are also known for quality, consistancy and best bang for the buck. The more popular brands are Starbuzz, Al Fakher, Nakhla, Layalina, and Fantasia...

As for coals it goes on and on. Coals for hookahs are made to smoke hookah. Do not ever use BBQ coals! Hookah coals are ment to burn clean with little to no taste. There are two differnt kinds of coals, Quicklites and Naturals. Quicklites are easy to use, lites quick and has very little to no coal taste. They are round tablets that use a match or lighter to ignite and the chemical sparks away like gunpowder. After the coal is ashing or bright red its good to use. As for brands I would stick with 3 kings for quicklites. they have been the most consistant coal ever.
Natural coals are more of a pain to light. These do not have any type of chemical to light. Instead you need to use a stove to light. Naturals generally take about 5-8min to light completely, but offer a 99% no coal taste. They also last longer then the quicklites but are also sometimes a pain to break. There are many brands that make natural coals. They are generally all about the same. The main difference between them are ash. Some ash more then others, while some burn hotter then others. I have been using coco-nara's for the past year and swear by them. They are also made from coconut shell whereas other coals are made from tree's. They are also cut into nice little cubes for ease.

Well thats enough typing for tonight...
Old September 29th, 2008, 08:27 PM   #7

do you guys know of any brands of tobacco you smoke? or do you just goto lounges?
Old September 29th, 2008, 08:32 PM   #8

is it addicting? is it bad for you?
3.56thgen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 29th, 2008, 08:37 PM   #9
THLA 2009 Bombsquad

Send a message via AIM to Dtownz Thrillah
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.56thgen View Post
is it addicting? is it bad for you?
I crave it alot but its not like I am addicted like crack cocaine

Is it bad for you? You still are smoking tobacco.

orange mint FTW =]

been a year since I did hookah bubbles but I did some last night =]
Dtownz Thrillah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 29th, 2008, 08:52 PM   #10

Hookah tobacco has very little nicotine generally .05&#37; or .5%

Is it bad for you? of course it is. think about it, anything but oxygen going into your lungs are bad. How are they compaired to cigs? This has been debated for years. Many people say that a session of smoking hookah is compaired to a pack of cigs...untill they provide some hard facts to back up statements, I still beleive that it is not as bad. I did read a article not too long about about stating that a low amount smoking a few times a week was showed about 50% less cancer causing cartagines(sp?) then a smoker. This researcher provided hard facts and stated his equipment. He also stated that the worse part was the coal. Especially when the small amount of still lit coal goes thru the hole and burning the tobacco.
Old September 29th, 2008, 09:57 PM   #11

hmm interesting thanx cause I knew nothing about it I ask people and they never know they're just like "um um just come on dude"
Old September 29th, 2008, 10:03 PM   #12
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
If you are going to want to sell hookahs and accessories via V6P you'll need a vendor agreement. Please click the link below and/or contact Dizzy.

http://www.v6performance.net/advertise/

I deleted your other thread because people were asking for drug paraphernalia. If that happens here again, offenders will get a 2 week ban.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 29th, 2008, 10:06 PM   #13

^^^lmao the kool-aid man
Old September 29th, 2008, 10:21 PM   #14

Still woke but headin to sleep see you all in about 6 hours!
MDKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 30th, 2008, 05:38 AM   #15
Work hard, play later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPoolinspOON View Post
well let me start by saying that I have been smoking hookah for a solid 3-4 years. I currently have 10 hookahs and over 65 flavors. I got so into it, I started my buisness selling hookahs and tobacco.

Any other people in the area smoke hookah?
Rookie, haha (j/k). I been smoking for over 26 years it runs in my blood with over 300 waterpipe here in the USA and my house over sea I have about 20 we call it nargeela in my country.

I smoke the following flavs.
1. Rose (My Fav)
2. Yasmine
3. Sour Apple
4. Tripple Apple or Double Apple
5. Mint/Grape
6. Fahkree (This is the strongest Tomback)
7. Vanilla
8. Mint
9. Lemmon/Mint
10. cocunut Starbuzzz only (so good)

There is more, but not listing it down.

Last edited by phatintegra; September 30th, 2008 at 05:59 AM..
phatintegra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 30th, 2008, 05:42 AM   #16
Work hard, play later.

Quote:
Question: can you give me some more info about hookah?

As for hookahs, there are differn't types of hookahs. They all generally work the same. Some may flow better while some may look better. Height does not really make a differnce in smoke temp. It's really just about heat management and how you packed the bowl.

Hookahs generally come in 3 differn't styles. Egyptions are teh classic pipe. The stem generally has the same design and are generally made of brass or stainless steel. Syrians are made of brass with a bit more artsiness too them. These are generally very reliable when it comes to durablity. You also have modern hookahs which are generally more for looks. People generally stay away from modern hookahs because of the quality. They are 99&#37; of the time made in China. The only modern hookah I will buy is MYA. MYA is known for the quality and material they use. There are the more populat brands of hookahs..Khalil mamoon, Magdy Zidan, MYA, just to name a few.

As for tobacco its endless. Many people seem to ask, "which is the best brand?" I just tell them what flavor are you looking for and lead them to the right direction. Brands are also known for quality, consistancy and best bang for the buck. The more popular brands are Starbuzz, Al Fakher, Nakhla, Layalina, and Fantasia...

As for coals it goes on and on. Coals for hookahs are made to smoke hookah. Do not ever use BBQ coals! Hookah coals are ment to burn clean with little to no taste. There are two differnt kinds of coals, Quicklites and Naturals. Quicklites are easy to use, lites quick and has very little to no coal taste. They are round tablets that use a match or lighter to ignite and the chemical sparks away like gunpowder. After the coal is ashing or bright red its good to use. As for brands I would stick with 3 kings for quicklites. they have been the most consistant coal ever.
Natural coals are more of a pain to light. These do not have any type of chemical to light. Instead you need to use a stove to light. Naturals generally take about 5-8min to light completely, but offer a 99% no coal taste. They also last longer then the quicklites but are also sometimes a pain to break. There are many brands that make natural coals. They are generally all about the same. The main difference between them are ash. Some ash more then others, while some burn hotter then others. I have been using coco-nara's for the past year and swear by them. They are also made from coconut shell whereas other coals are made from tree's. They are also cut into nice little cubes for ease.

Well thats enough typing for tonight...
Let me give you some input on some of your comments, on the height yes it does matter the taller it is, the colder the smoke is. The shortest it's produce my heat in the smoke. I pefer the med size one. Remember brass will rust over time and Stainless Stail will last longer. If you do self start charcoal. 3 kings are the best brand.
Old September 30th, 2008, 05:45 AM   #17
Work hard, play later.

Quote:
do you guys know of any brands of tobacco you smoke? or do you just goto lounges?
StarBuzz is the best brand, but pricy. Al-fakhree is alot cheaper brand. Oh I get my stuff from my country or from my freind warehouse that he is working on getting a contract with StarBuzz. He sells it to all those shisha cafe in VA like Prince, Oasis, Aladdan, Tarboush, etc.
Old September 30th, 2008, 06:28 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatintegra View Post
Let me give you some input on some of your comments, on the height yes it does matter the taller it is, the colder the smoke is. The shortest it's produce my heat in the smoke. I pefer the med size one. Remember brass will rust over time and Stainless Stail will last longer. If you do self start charcoal. 3 kings are the best brand.

This is not true. Yes, generally speaking length of smoke travel will generate a longer travel period which decreses temps. But if you compare a 12" hookah with a 36" hookah with room temp water and proper heat management, the temps are the same.....

Now for the brass statement. Brass does not rust! Solid brass will tarnish. Tarnish is simply the outer layer combining with elements it is exposed to and thus losing its luster. Brass is an alloy of copper/zinc. Remember that brass does not have steel/iron in it so it won't rust. Rusting involves a degradation of the product itself due to oxygen.
Old September 30th, 2008, 06:29 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatintegra View Post
StarBuzz is the best brand, but pricy. Al-fakhree is alot cheaper brand. Oh I get my stuff from my country or from my freind warehouse that he is working on getting a contract with StarBuzz. He sells it to all those shisha cafe in VA like Prince, Oasis, Aladdan, Tarboush, etc.
Mohammed?
Old September 30th, 2008, 07:20 AM   #20
Work hard, play later.

Yes. There warehouse is close to Columbia.
Old September 30th, 2008, 07:57 AM   #21

I've got a Hookah at my house that we just bought on our trip to Myrtle Beach. We havent used it yet but when we bought it the guy gave us some free tobacco(coconut) and self starting coals. I have no clue what brands they are though, I'll have to look once I get home. The hookah itself has two hoses, is made of SS, has rubber gaskets and it wasn't expensive at all. Cant wait to use it!
Abailey4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 30th, 2008, 08:02 AM   #22
J35 6Spd

strawberry!
Kschwiggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 30th, 2008, 08:09 AM   #23

This is intense. So much sophistication in a topic about Hookahs.
Old September 30th, 2008, 08:32 AM   #24
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon

Send a message via AIM to telele
I smoke all the time in georgetown or in skyline in the fairfax area. I just got a cool hookah kit from my friend a few weeks ago it came in a cool metal case, the lucky bastard goes to UAE all the time and got it over there for me. I like double apple, straberry, mint.

Edited: phatintegra on the above posts is who got me the kit I did not even know he posted on this thread since he's MIA on v6p lol.
telele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 30th, 2008, 08:56 AM   #25
J35 6Spd

how to smoke hookah (to the tune of technologic)

fill it
pack it
wrap it
poke it
light it
smoke it
kick it
then reload it
Kschwiggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 30th, 2008, 09:04 AM   #26

then you get jiggy with it.
Old September 30th, 2008, 09:04 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by telele View Post
I smoke all the time in georgetown or in skyline in the fairfax area. I just got a cool hookah kit from my friend a few weeks ago it came in a cool metal case, the lucky bastard goes to UAE all the time and got it over there for me. I like double apple, straberry, mint.

Edited: phatintegra on the above posts is who got me the kit I did not even know he posted on this thread since he's MIA on v6p lol.

Yeah mine came with a cool metal carrying case as well. I've been looking for a local Hookah bar that's not all the way in DC. Where is Skyline in Fairfax? Seeing how I work in Fairfax that would be perfect.
Abailey4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 30th, 2008, 09:09 AM   #28

skyline is in alexandria. There are a few in fairfax and two in chantilly. Ones in chantilly are subpar.
Old September 30th, 2008, 09:11 AM   #29
Work hard, play later.

Skyline is in Falls Church, VA Route 7 and George Mason / Seminary road.

There is one in Tyson.

They Nargeela also comes as a Table shape w/ chess and checker board on top. I got one for my cousin.
Old September 30th, 2008, 09:12 AM   #30
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon

Send a message via AIM to telele
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kschwiggy View Post
how to smoke hookah (to the tune of technologic)

fill it
pack it
wrap it
poke it
light it
smoke it
kick it
then reload it

Paul and Carrie would love this post lol.
telele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in