Is it me... ? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > REGIONAL CHAPTERS > MD - DC - VA - WV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2004, 06:57 PM   #1

Is it me... ?

Or has this forum just about died? There just is no action in here anymore...
NauticaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 15th, 2004, 06:57 PM   #2

ur chapter sux!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 15th, 2004, 07:06 PM   #3
mao
v6p gangster

Send a message via AIM to mao
lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
mao is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 15th, 2004, 07:46 PM   #4
Premium User

They wish they were as cool as us in so cal...

It is beneath me.
Denali is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 15th, 2004, 10:41 PM   #5
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon

Send a message via AIM to telele
Well as a single person I dont need to feel as cool as the next person, but I will say that this chapter has been died since that sig incident and has hit hard. I try not to be the only person posting so I stay out of this chapter lol. Yes the East coast sucks most of the time but hey what can you do man. I cant speak for everyone in the east coast since I am talking about what I've seen. Cali is huge on the car meet thing so its all good. I've seen your clips of your meets and its nice to have big meets that people show up to.
telele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2004, 12:13 AM   #6

I think they're all at honduh.com
PMantis24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2004, 12:51 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by telele
but I will say that this chapter has been died since that sig incident and has hit hard.
It's that this happened over something so trivial .

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2004, 02:00 AM   #8
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠

i feel that this board has been slipping recently, i just wasnt gonna say it
99cfENVYv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2004, 10:54 AM   #9
Just a Regular Member now

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
Any suggestions on how to make it better? Most of the staff has been working hard getting our estore set-up and promoting our products at shows in the West Coast.

We'll be putting together our V6P Authorized Shop program for each of the local chapters so our members can goto differnt shops for discounts and for Unichip programming. This shop program will not work if we don't get members to volunteer to seek out good shops.

Like we've all said before, its the members that make this site work. If the members themselves don't want to participate, then so be it. They've got no right to complain then. Yes, we do moderate posts. In fact, we moderate more posts than many boards out there. However, we're no more strict than the other A-Class sites like acura-cl.com, maxima.org, etc...

We know that some folks moved "their" honda club over to honduh. No biggie. If members aren't interested in participating here just because two so-called leaders of the local chapter were banned, there's nothing we can do about it. The world doesn't revolve around them.

This site was created with the goal of making parts and accessories for our AV6's simply because no one else would. We've also expanded to other V6 markets as well. This site was created by our members and built by our members. We have over 10,000 members signed up now and have deals with various new vendors to provide products for our store. In addition, V6P will be rolling out even more new products for our members. No other car forum has created custom parts and accessories for its members. That's what makes us unique and that's why we've had various companies including ebay come knocking on our door for the past few months trying to work out deals with us.

Just my .02

Dizzy
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2004, 11:45 AM   #10
EX-Featured Ride Coord.

Send a message via AIM to DaBenz7898 Send a message via MSN to DaBenz7898
its seems like this board has reached a plateau when it comes to discussing new issues w/v6 accords. i don't think its the lack of member participation, but rather a lack of issues to overcome. back in the days of av6.com new issues came up everyday and it seemed i learned something new about my car everyday. but now any newbie that logs on doesn't really need to post questions to build up their av6. if they search properly, they find all the info they ever need covered.

lol......the search function is heavily encouraged on this board, and now people feel that the forum is dead.

i myself am getting bored w/my av6. i've read about my car as much possible, and since i'm not a hard-core tuner nor do i have a show car, i'm really not interested in discussing new advanced mods that are available.....maybe i'm getting old....lol

btw, props to the mods who have put the e-store together
DaBenz7898 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2004, 11:56 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBenz7898
its seems like this board has reached a plateau when it comes to discussing new issues w/v6 accords. i don't think its the lack of member participation, but rather a lack of issues to overcome. back in the days of av6.com new issues came up everyday and it seemed i learned something new about my car everyday. but now any newbie that logs on doesn't really need to post questions to build up their av6. if they search properly, they find all the info they ever need covered.

lol......the search function is heavily encouraged on this board, and now people feel that the forum is dead.

i myself am getting bored w/my av6. i've read about my car as much possible, and since i'm not a hard-core tuner nor do i have a show car, i'm really not interested in discussing new advanced mods that are available.....maybe i'm getting old....lol

btw, props to the mods who have put the e-store together
Good Point. I didn't think of that Maybe that's why we're mostly in the General Discussion and Random chatter areas

Dizzy
Old September 16th, 2004, 01:28 PM   #12

Please don't take my comments as ill intentioned. These are just some personal opinions.

1. V6P has to offer something more than accord issues info and some parts with the V6P logo on them. It does not matter how good a part is, if I cannot identify myself with it, I might not buy it.

2. V6P should have official activities organized for it's members, besides some sort of sale. Maybe a Sunday cruise or drive, weekly on monthly meets, races (legal ones).

3. V6P needs to show the organization strength to its members. The fact that the July 19 meet in VA Beach never happened speaks for itself.

4. V6P can not (should not) rely on members to set up V6P activities. If someone wants to have a meet 1.5 hrs (or more) away from me, why should I go more than once? Why can't I try to set one up myself in a closer place? I will not even get started with the starting time.

5. V6P, or any member trying to set up some activity, MUST NOT use language such as "who will ACTUALLY show up this time" in an organizing thread. That's just not cool.

I know there was a division in this region caused by the particular interests of several members. Some wanted a group cruise with racing and swimsuit action. Others wanted a meet, greet, and promote activity. It is the combination of those different interests what generates growth in the forum. That is precisely why (IMHO) the MD-DC-VA-WV forum has been so quiet lately.

Just my $0.02.
6speedv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2004, 01:51 PM   #13
EX-Featured Ride Coord.

Send a message via AIM to DaBenz7898 Send a message via MSN to DaBenz7898
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speedv6
3. V6P needs to show the organization strength to its members. The fact that the July 19 meet in VA Beach never happened speaks for itself.

4. V6P can not (should not) rely on members to set up V6P activities. If someone wants to have a meet 1.5 hrs (or more) away from me, why should I go more than once? Why can't I try to set one up myself in a closer place? I will not even get started with the starting time.
lol....#3 and #4 sorta contradict each other. v6p is made up of regular v6 drivers. there isn't some ceo sitting in a big office somewhere.....is there, dizzy? lol......in fact, members should take it upon themselves to set up local meets, especially if the nearest one is more than a hours drive away. having more than 5 people coordinate a time/place is tough enough, organizing a national meet is next to impossible but i think the only reason that the VA beach meet never happened because of lack of commintment from the members (that includes me too). instead i prefer working on getting local meets. there's no moderator for the "northeast" chapter. but us boston area members took it upon ourselves to get together. now we even have our own "massachusetts" chapter.......its the combined effort of individuals that will help this forum succeed (and it has). we don't pay any dues, so we should expect anything more than what we put into it. -- my .02

Pics, mods, and latest updates:

** Click

** Click

DaBenz7898 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2004, 01:59 PM   #14
Senior Moderhater

Send a message via AIM to abram2001
Pedro... let me clear up one mis-understanding to you. The VA beach meet that was attempted to be organized was by solely MY discretion... everyone said they were coming and thats great, the time came when I needed to book hotels for everyone.. then all of a sudenn people have OTHER priorities.. but thats fine. I am not gonna drive 6 hours just to see 2 accords (I can do better here).

We cant force people to show upto meets if they dont want to, I met up with several accord owners who really arent into the social hangout/car meets... thats fine, and that doesnt make them any less of a person.

I gave mad props to you for taking the bus all the way to SEMA IAS with Rich, Jerry, Francis and I. It was fun to have you along (except when you got lost LOL)

As regional moderators we always try our best to organize meetings/hangouts to best accomodate everyone (hell our region has to cover 3 states at least... its a pain in the ass trying to get a big turnout, I was especially extatic that we had a 42 member car turnout that I planned... and another with 35 members, and several other mini meets. I am not trying to make it into a I did this, you did that... but I for one can get tired of frequently trying to juggle work, college, bills, a bank, a church, a internet forum, and helping locals and community events with whatever time I have.

I think having a member setting up a meet is A-ok... but when people start depending on those select 1 or 2 individuals... thats when you start to see a problem. More MEMBERS need to step upto the plate and think about the members AND the site rather themselves and saying... gimme gimme gimme. The NY-NJ-CT section showed alot of devouting and the willingness to oversee personal prejudices and indefferences about doing certain things, and they pull through TOGETHER each time. We dont make a fuss, we dont argue with our fellow friends... anytime and everytime we get together its strictly about having fun.
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2004, 02:06 PM   #15

That's true. It all depends on the point of view and the people who make up the group. In our case, most of the members are from MD and I am from VA. So, for me it was always 1+ hours drive. When I say something about Northern VA (which is still 30 min for me) they all look me like I was from Mars. On top of that, I like autocrossing, racing, and cruising, which most AV6 owners don't do (mainly because auto tranny issues). They preffer the show scene, which for me is good once or twice during a year.
Old September 16th, 2004, 02:15 PM   #16

Glad you say that abram2001. You should post that answer in the main page. I was carefull enough when I wrote #3 so that I did not pointed any fingers (I can't). But now the one in charge (you) can speak up and give all those who backed out a much needed check.

In the MD-CD-VA-WV chapter case, the "organizers" did not had what was needed to ensure the growth of the chapter.
Old September 16th, 2004, 02:18 PM   #17
Senior Moderhater

lol pedro,

I dont have any problem posting it on the main page... but it would serve no other purpose than people thinking that I am yelling at them. It was there choice not to come to the va beach meet.

If all works out... maybe we can do one this following summer (just as long as people commit to it).
Old September 16th, 2004, 02:24 PM   #18

Pedro I would love to do an autocrossing event. If you have info on one coming up let me know and maybe I can meet you. I did all this stuff to my car and all I do is just drive it back and forth to work. It would be nice to take it out somewhere for fun or show.
bpmurr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2004, 02:43 PM   #19

I'm sorry to say that the only date I know of for this year is October 24, and it is a maybe. Season runs from March till October. www.autocrossers.com

Check out my cardomain page http://www.cardomain.com/id/6speedv6.

Also go here for more pics of different cars autocrossing and cruising. I am 6speedTL there.

http://www.crossroadonline.com/modul...view_album.php

Last edited by 6speedv6; September 16th, 2004 at 02:46 PM..
Old September 16th, 2004, 02:46 PM   #20

Just FYI Pedro, we USED to do our meets in N.Va at Tyson's II. Then some of the more active members moved it to weekly Friday meets in Rockville. I've had no beef with that since that's closer to me

However, the Tyson's meets can no longer happen. Thanks to some other car clubs who used to have their meets there, car clubs are no longer allowed to meet there. Mall Security will force everyone to leave if they see us out there. I don't know the specifics of what had occurred, but I assumed something happened to get them all riled up since we used to do meets there for the past 6 years.

Can you suggest another N.VA location? There's always the "Silver Diner" meets as well. I might check those out someday.

Pedro, once again, thank you for making the SEMA AC trip

"1. V6P has to offer something more than accord issues info and some parts with the V6P logo on them. It does not matter how good a part is, if I cannot identify myself with it, I might not buy it."

Can you be more specific on this? We're hoping to expand our line-up to other cars and some products like the Ground Control kits do work on other cars. But we put out the AV6 parts first since this site was originally for the AV6. I know you have a TL so maybe you can give us suggestions. Acura-TL.com is a great site, however, they don't make their own product line. That's where we can fill that niche.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Dizzy
Old September 16th, 2004, 02:54 PM   #21
Out of my Mind, Somewhere

Send a message via Yahoo to TooHypper
DID anyone figure on SCHOOL ???? Allot of people went back to school too!
TooHypper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2004, 02:58 PM   #22

You already have sponsored cars here. You need to show them in person. I know that is what you've been trying to do. I would pay bpmurr to get his car all over the East coast shows and tracks. I'll get him into autocrossing next season.

Now put his car in the picture with a V6P widshield banner. Thats what I'm talking about. V6's in action. A couple of drag pics would be really easy to get too.

On the long run, find a company willing to sponsor with their products a V6 car. Then, show the car with the equipment to everyone and everywhere.

An annual cruise would not hurt.

Check out this forum: www.crossroadonline.com They are big in getting people together and they have already sponsored their ouw autocross. You will see the ceverage on the main page. I am 6speedTL there.
Old September 16th, 2004, 03:02 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooHypper
DID anyone figure on SCHOOL ???? Allot of people went back to school too!
That is true. Overall activity on the board has been lower than it was during the summer months. School and message boards don't mix .

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2004, 03:54 PM   #24

Thanks for thinking of me Padro but I don't think my car is the way most "tuners" want their car to look. I'm going for a very clean look as if the car came from the factory that way. Most people in the scene want to totally alter the car so it looks like something different and put LCD screens all over the place. Id love to do more performance work and add some jazz to it but that takes sponsors for which I have none and have no idea where to look.
Old September 16th, 2004, 11:25 PM   #25

Pedro: I like your idea You want a sponsorship from V6P for your autocrossing? What kind of stuff are you looking for? We can't afford to give away parts yet, but we can get them at a steep discount for you

Of course, we'll ask you to stick our windshield banners on your car and have you sign a Confedentiality Agreement and a Sponsorship Contract as well.

All good ideas. We've actually been thinking of a lot of stuff, but this manpower issue is a bummer

Dizzy
Old September 17th, 2004, 01:24 AM   #26
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon

Send a message via AIM to telele
Sup pedro long time, I guess we need to find ways to get this chapter up and running even better then before. I was waiting for the July 19 meet in VA Beach wish it happen it would of been nice.
telele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 17th, 2004, 07:50 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
Pedro: I like your idea You want a sponsorship from V6P for your autocrossing? What kind of stuff are you looking for? We can't afford to give away parts yet, but we can get them at a steep discount for you

Of course, we'll ask you to stick our windshield banners on your car and have you sign a Confedentiality Agreement and a Sponsorship Contract as well.

All good ideas. We've actually been thinking of a lot of stuff, but this manpower issue is a bummer

Dizzy
Dizzy if you read Pedro's post again he was talking about sponsering me for autocrossing and then various shows. On another note have you given up on the HIN show in AC?

Last edited by bpmurr; September 17th, 2004 at 07:54 AM..
Old September 17th, 2004, 09:22 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr
Thanks for thinking of me Padro but I don't think my car is the way most "tuners" want their car to look. I'm going for a very clean look as if the car came from the factory that way. Most people in the scene want to totally alter the car so it looks like something different and put LCD screens all over the place. Id love to do more performance work and add some jazz to it but that takes sponsors for which I have none and have no idea where to look.
True. Your car is the one EVERYONE else can picture themselves in. AV6, 19", lowered, and with bolt on power adders. Your car IS what people is looking for.

The cars you talk about are "company" cars, not everyday driven cars. Besides, V6P already has "extreme" show cars in Cali (Check the car of the month section).

If you ask ME (meaning just myself) your car looks as good as theirs and can beat them in every action contest (whatever that may be - autoX, 1/8, 1/4, circuit, comfort, reliability, fuel economy, resale value, etc.).

WOW, I sound like I wanna hump your car.

EDIT:
About the sponsorship thing now:
1. Ask V6P for a windshield decal - it is just $20 anyway.
2. Get some nice pics - inside, outside, at the track, at the highway, with a nice looking girl, use your imagination (I can help you with that).
3. Send emails to manufacturers showing them your car (pics), a list of current and future mods, and a list of activities you will take your car to. Be ready to keep prof of everything to show them what you are doing.

NOTE about manufacturers - Since you might get a V6P windshield decal, start with V6P vendors. What yould be better for V6P and it's vendors than proof of the products they sell on a nice V6 in action. Of course you should provide extensive feedback of everything you put into the car.

Last edited by 6speedv6; September 17th, 2004 at 09:31 AM..
Old September 17th, 2004, 09:32 AM   #29
Senior Moderhater

I will leave this for bpmurr

Old September 17th, 2004, 10:17 AM   #30

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy

Dizzy
Well, I actually sent a proposal email to one of the Cali guys, don't remember his name now, but it did not happen. But don't worry, I was looking for an exchange, not a sponsorship. Remember, I don't have the accord anymore, although the TL is a V6.

I got a better idea: why don't V6P get a couple of it's members into autoXing? I already know bpmurr is interested. All you really need is a car, a driver, $20-$35, and a Sunday. There are 10+ autoX events in DC every year - more can be found. No specialty equipment needed. You just have to tell anyone interested to contact me. Actually, an autoX for October 10 has just been announced (I found out just now). Hahaha .... LOL. Ok.

The AC show is Oct. 23.

bpmurr, go sing up THIS Sunday at www.autocrossers.com and click on October 10. If you can get more AV6 drivers, even better.

*** Pre-registration is scheduled to open at 8:00pm on Sunday, September 19, 2004. ***

Dizzy, get him a windshield decal. Then, either you or me can take care of the pics. We can even find a nice looking girl and a good location, and get some show pics also. bpmurr, is your girlfriend available? Get her some V6P apparel and bring her (thats an order).

If all is good, by Oct 20 you should have a poster of an V6P accord on 3 wheels and with one or more girls all over it!!!

You can get it for less than $100 of COMBINED investment.
decal (2- front and back) + autoX entry fee + poster = TOTAL
$40 + $20 + $25 = $85

What do you think?

Last edited by 6speedv6; September 17th, 2004 at 11:20 AM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in