Best Dealers to Buy cars :) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > REGIONAL CHAPTERS > MD - DC - VA - WV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2004, 10:35 AM   #1
Just a Regular Member now

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
Best Dealers to Buy cars :)

I wanted to start this list so that we can refer each other to our own connections to get the best hook up at the local dealers.

1) Alexandria Toyota
JIM BROTHERTON
INTERNET SALES
703-797-5378
[email protected]

I got my Sienna from him and refered my sister-in-law and my office mate to him as well. He gave them his best deal and they got their cars Sister-in-law picked up 2004 Solara for invoice and office mate picked up a Sienna at a really good price, close to invoice. Jim operates by giving you his best price. No need to haggle. It saves time and headaches. SOmetimes he even throws in freight if he's allowed too. Since he's been their so long, he also has some standing so he can make his deals. He sells more cars than most other sales people at the dealer simply because he's done w/ a deal within 2 hours while some folks are still haggling over a few hundred dollars for 4 hours.

2) Lexus of Rockville
Seth Hamm
(866) 854-8448
Our family purchases our Lexus's from him. We almost went w/ a RX but decided to go w/ the bigger space of the Sienna. He's a great friendly guy and very patient and knows his cars. You need to haggle at Lexus, but it isn't too bad if you've done your research beforehand.

Dizzy
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 24th, 2004, 06:01 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Deuce415
I'll post this up then for those in the area and looking at Honda dealerships.

Sport Honda
3201 Automobile Boulevard
Silver Spring, Maryland 20904
(301) 890-4700

PM me for contact info. The salesperson that sold me my car is now working for their finance dept. No haggling. $200 over invoice and good finance rates.
Deuce415 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 24th, 2004, 07:16 AM   #3
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Don't go to 355 Toyota in Rockville. They're idiots.
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 24th, 2004, 07:35 AM   #4
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
West Broadstreet Honda,
Richmond, VA

Had a great experience there.

STAY AWAY FROM ANY BROWN'S Dealerships!!!! Especially Brown's Honda at charlottesville
DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 24th, 2004, 10:29 AM   #5

Criswell Honda in Germantown MD
Sue Folsom
Internet Sales
240-364-7123

I bought my black 6 speed accord 2 days ago at Criswell Honda in Germantown, very good price, no 4 square sheet or hassling. I think you circumvent a lot of hassle at dealerships when you go through the internet sales.
Extras were offered (paint protection, tire protection etc.), but not pushed when I declined.

I bought my 2001 EX I4 Accord at College Park Honda, they are a high pressure dealer and I would not go back there. I went in with my previous car dying and not very informed and paid too much, at least I never regretted getting a Honda.

Other area Honda dealers that seemed decent and not pushy when I was shopping around. (Note that I never went into the 'salesbooth' in these, might be considered salesperson experiences then);

Sport Honda in Silver Spring MD
Odonnell Honda in Ellicott City MD

Also recommend;

Rich Morton Lincoln Mercury Mazda
Glen Burnie MD
866-288-6820

Both my father and my sisters roommate bought Mazdas there.
They were very up front with a good price and no hassle.

Just remember that if you are uncomfortable wherever you are at, just walk away, there are plenty more dealers around.

BTW 2 days later I love my 6 speed, fast, smoooth, seems almost posh on the inside. At 100 miles I had only used a quarter tank of gas. I drive around grinning!
truckin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 24th, 2004, 11:31 AM   #6

Herson's Honda
Phone: 301-279-8600
15525 Frederick Rd Rockville MD 20855

Internet Sales department hooked me up.
Back in May, got my EXL coupe for really really good price
They can also get cost on any options. Very helpful and chill, no pressure or annoying phone calls ever, they are ready when you are ready.
Raddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 24th, 2004, 01:11 PM   #7

Odonnell Honda in Ellicott City

Got a good price on my 04 AV6 and their service department is top notch.
lazybum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 2nd, 2004, 04:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8
West Broadstreet Honda,
Richmond, VA

Had a great experience there.

STAY AWAY FROM ANY BROWN'S Dealerships!!!! Especially Brown's Honda at charlottesville
Well Arlington Brown's was good for me, just had to negotiate like 6,000 under the posted price and then 2,500 under what htey WOULDNT go under, lol, they were like 'we wont go under 14K tho thats our best deal' and then we made a deal for like 11,500, when the price on the car was 17,500..... so yeah they jack the prices up pretty much like most dealerships I went to have, so i dunno you just gotta negotiate a LOT and if they don't sell to your price then leave, this one guy came our of the store yelling at us to come back, and offered us 2 grand under what they had said was their low point, and 1 grand under what we had asked. But I didn't like the car because it was an automatic so I said that I didn't want it anyway, haha.
nighthawk8k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 16th, 2004, 07:34 AM   #9
rectum damn near killed m

Send a message via AIM to oviphagy Send a message via Yahoo to oviphagy
TERRIBLE browns in fairfax.. went in lookin to spend about 7 grand and they tried everything to get me to sign on a civic for 12+ grand. scared the **** outa me. high pressure tactics. went to jim coleman in bethesda and found my baby and got a good deal on it. but i know for a fact the salesman is no longer there.

next time i buy a car i think im gonna go to browns and f**k w/ them just for the hell of it.
Old January 12th, 2005, 01:45 PM   #10
RKV

parents just bought a lexus from the silver spring, maryland dealership, got a very good price and friendly service over there... go to a guy named bill bell! willing to negotiate, friendly guy, good customer service received from him

Last edited by RKV; January 21st, 2005 at 06:13 PM..
RKV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2005, 11:25 PM   #11

another vote for west braod hond athey helped me out big time with the priice.

RIchmond honda sux.made me feel like crap.
fallangel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 15th, 2005, 06:31 AM   #12
rectum damn near killed m

Send a message via AIM to oviphagy Send a message via Yahoo to oviphagy
thanks for the tips on dealerships (since i am recently on the market for a new ride...damn car thieves). im looking at carmax, but they do not negoiate on price what u see is what u pay. so ill let ya know who and where i end up buying from.
Old February 15th, 2005, 07:28 AM   #13

carmax sucks imo ive heard nothing but bad experiences with them. They give u nothing for your car and sell cars for way over what theyre worth and their BS warranty is well..BS. I know ya gotta make money but you dont have to rape people at the same time.
Old February 15th, 2005, 01:25 PM   #14

Shockley honda in Frederick, Md. is great. Two month after i bought my v6 coupe the brakes started to grind so they replace all four brakes and the front two tires free of charge. Plus they drove me to work that morning and aranged pick up in the afternoon. The only thing i payed for was for the oil change i needed anyways. The buying experiance was great as well.
japuma630 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 6th, 2005, 11:28 PM   #15
ultimate

Send a message via AIM to carfanatik
Criswell Honda in Germantown MD
Sue Folsom
Internet Sales
240-364-7123

I bought my silver accord coupe 2 days ago at Criswell Honda in Germantown, very good price, no 4 square sheet or hassling.

I researched online at the Criswell website and went in. Sue took over from the salesman and was no bull****, quick to the price. She said, "it was her best internet price!"

I am very satisfied!
carfanatik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2005, 07:33 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddy21
carmax sucks imo ive heard nothing but bad experiences with them. They give u nothing for your car and sell cars for way over what theyre worth and their BS warranty is well..BS. I know ya gotta make money but you dont have to rape people at the same time.

I have been fine at Carmax, sold 2 cars to them. They will give you blue book if your car is worth blue book. It is a good way to separate your trade in from your new purchase too, less chance of a new car dealer getting one over on you lowballing your trade-in. Buying there, you will not get as good of a price as private seller, most of their cars are very low miles and so have not depreciated much. I don't get the impression of them trying to rip people off, just trying to make buck.
truckin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2005, 08:21 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckin
I have been fine at Carmax, sold 2 cars to them. They will give you blue book if your car is worth blue book. It is a good way to separate your trade in from your new purchase too, less chance of a new car dealer getting one over on you lowballing your trade-in. Buying there, you will not get as good of a price as private seller, most of their cars are very low miles and so have not depreciated much. I don't get the impression of them trying to rip people off, just trying to make buck.
They will only offer you $100 for than dealer for your trade in and with their set prices being higher than comparable cars with same miles and condition i'd say they are trying to make more than a buck. For example last yr before i bought my accord, i was looking at 02-03 acura TLs. Most TLs were in the low $20ks but only the type S's would be over $23k. They had a couple of base TLs at $26,500 and $27,500 with 38k and 42k miles on them. That is with no negiociations and before taxes and that was a freakin rip off. But it is a good place to take a car if you desparate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in