Stolen '95 EX V-6 4dr - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > REGIONAL CHAPTERS > MD - DC - VA - WV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2005, 06:27 AM   #1
rectum damn near killed m

Send a message via AIM to oviphagy Send a message via Yahoo to oviphagy
Angry Stolen '95 EX V-6 4dr

so monday night/ tuesday morning (02/07-08) my car was stolen from in front of my girlfriends place. it was a cashmere silver metallic (gold) '95 EX V-6 4 dr accord. so if you could be on the look out that would be cool. it had factory rear spoiler and i just installed factory foglights. The engine is missing the V-6 plate and the plastic coverings because i was polishing them /painting them up. I have filied a police report and made all the calls i needed to.
Advertisement

Old February 15th, 2005, 07:29 AM   #2

where in the DC area is this?
Raddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 15th, 2005, 07:40 AM   #3

car was stolen from the takoma park/silver spirng area near flower and wayne ave.

Old February 15th, 2005, 08:05 AM   #4

damn im in bethesda, that sucks man
Old February 15th, 2005, 08:24 AM   #5

just lock your S**t up at night and either lojack it or ive seen something called signaltrac which works w/ gps satellite for better coverage.
Old February 15th, 2005, 08:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oviphagy
just lock your S**t up at night and either lojack it or ive seen something called signaltrac which works w/ gps satellite for better coverage.
thats expensive, ill just camouflage it and chain it up to the house
Old February 17th, 2005, 05:59 AM   #7

wednesday my car was recovered and 1 arrest was made. only damage was to ignition and coloumn. now i need to work on getting it back to condition i left it in. also put a poll out there to find the best alarm for my 5th gen baby. any ideas?
Old February 28th, 2005, 09:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by oviphagy
wednesday my car was recovered and 1 arrest was made. only damage was to ignition and coloumn. now i need to work on getting it back to condition i left it in. also put a poll out there to find the best alarm for my 5th gen baby. any ideas?
Glad to hear that your car is back. I have a Viper 300ESP car alarm with impact sensor & proximity sensor. My whole drivers side was keyed 3 years ago. After I instaleld the alarm, I have had literally ZERO problems with vandals.
Crombie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2005, 08:31 AM   #9
Just a Regular Member now

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
Back in the day, some folks were able to find out who was arrested and some thugs dressed all in black w/ ski masks showed up one night and beat the **** out of the car thief.
I think I read about it in the paper or something.

Dizzy
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2005, 09:11 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
Back in the day, some folks were able to find out who was arrested and some thugs dressed all in black w/ ski masks showed up one night and beat the **** out of the car thief.
I think I read about it in the paper or something.

Dizzy

hmm sounds like a plan
Old April 8th, 2005, 11:15 PM   #11

As far as alarms go....be warned. Yes an alarm can help DETER theft. And in some cases STOP theft.....

If a thief wants your car, he's going to get it. Alarms run on batteries, and trust me, once they find that brain and/or it's power source, that alarm is done.

But you say.....

Starter Kill - This is turned off when the alarm loses power.....
Ignition Kill - Same as starter kill
Siren - Only if you hear it....I know several ways to get into an armed car without anyone ever hearing a thing....(I am a licensed installer...)
Backup Batteries - good at stopping occasional thief....but again, find the brain and they have no effect.
Proximity Sensor - This car trigger a much earlier warning, but again, if they try on a rainy night....you may never know....

Your best bet is to get a decent alarm, with multiple sources of power, installed by a highly trained installer. Someone who is not going to just zip tie the brain to your ignition harness under the dash. The correct place for a brain is....nowhere. Or everywhere, somewhere that would be hard as all Hell to get to. If you have a 6thgen, one of my fav. spots is behind the left drivers vent, or on top of the fuse box, or better yet, on top of the ECU in the center console.

All wires should be run so that they appear semi-factory. And sirens should be in locations that cannot be reached by simply getting underneath the car, or under the hood. I know it sounds impossible, but if you have theft problems, it's the only way.

I've dealt with many people who's cars get stolen over and over, and finally decide to shell out the 700-900 for an alarm setup like this. But EVERY one of them has come back and told me, thieves have tried, but whenever they do, they are caught either in the act, or they run away. Never has a single car actually been stolen post-alarm.

Basically, read up, know what you are getting into, and understand it takes money. Don't buy a $200 alarm and think you are safe.....your not.

-Tom
fatalglitch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in