UNICHIP for 4 cylinder - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > REGIONAL CHAPTERS > MD - DC - VA - WV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2005, 09:50 AM   #1
RKV

UNICHIP for 4 cylinder

i feel we have a good base of 4 cylinder 6th gen and 7th gen accord 4 cylinder owners in the area, are we ever gonna be able to purchase a UNICHIP thru v6p.net? i know for a fact the 6th gen owenrs cant get them, i am 50% sure 7th gen i4s cant get them, at this rate im gonna ask som1 in washington state area to go lend their car, ill give them $200 to do it, and have them send me their free unichip(assuming v6p will give out a free one to the testee like they did for other models). how much more demand do we need? some of u guys that are interested should speak up! those numbers are pretty impressive(cost vs performance gain) with some simple bolt on mods.
RKV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 7th, 2005, 10:18 AM   #2
Just a Regular Member now

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
Currently they have no plans for a 4cyl Unichip. We've talked to them about this already, but they've already got a full plate. We're still trying to get them to make the 7th Gen V6 Unichip as it is. The truth is, we need more people.

We still have about 20 6th Gen V6 unichips gathering dust. We promised Unichip that we'd buy 50 6th gen so they made it for us. I ended up loaning V6P the extra thousands of dollars we had to pay to make up the difference between our sales and our initial order of 50. If you read the 7th gen unichip thread, we got them to lower our buy-in to a lot less than 50...but 7th gen owners would have to pre-pay because are of our money has already been tied up w/ the 6th gen v6 deal. Only 2 decided to prepay. The rest want to wait until they see results so they'll have to wait with the rest of us.

As much as I would like V6P to carry 4-cyl Unichips, unless we get at least 25 people willing to prepay to front the money for development, they won't bump up their R&D and production schedule. Why? Because the G35 and 350Z guys are lined up in droves for their Unichips. As much as we are good friends w/ Unichip, money still talks and currently, we don't have the funds to make 4-cyl a priority. After the G35/350Z's, the 7th gen V6 should be next in line.

I hope this clears some things up as far as development of the Unichip is concerned.

Dizzy
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 7th, 2005, 10:20 AM   #3
Just a Regular Member now

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
FYI: We're about to launch a sale on the 6th Gen V6 Unichips. Buy one, and you get a free ground wire kit.

Anyone interested?

Dizzy
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 8th, 2005, 07:55 AM   #4
RKV

thxs dizzy for the clarification and insights into the situation
RKV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in