March 25th Meet - Maryland, D.C. Va Area - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > REGIONAL CHAPTERS > MD - DC - VA - WV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2006, 12:01 PM   #1

March 25th Meet - Maryland, D.C. Va Area

No even sure if this is supposed to go here, but thought I'd pass the news. Its $10 to come, I'm bringin the beer, its a BBQ meet, here are the details:

www.bwimports.org :

1. 98EXL
2. Raddy21
3. blk2001tlon19s
4. av6vtec1
5. telele
6. hyeone
7. jason2713

www.d-series.org :
1. vxcoastie
2. mferrari-maybe-dont count him in. In planning.
3. lilred-will tell me in a few days
4. snoopy006-should be their
5. BigTuna
6. DpoweredEF
7.excrx940-3 cars and 3 ppl
8. remoer

www.mdstreetscene.com :
Attendees:
1.civicEXcoupeman-will bring maybe 10-15 ppl
2.civicsi94
3.j3pz (maybe)
4.xblazer01
5. scrappys64-bring 3-4 cars
6. mattslilchevygrl-bring 2-3 other cars
7. gotariceburner-
8. strickensix
9. Ten94Tuner
10.scrappys64-> be their with 3-4 cars
11. DAman
12. SEntRaman
13. jayunsplanet

www.superhonda.com :
As well as these ppl MIGHT come
* hobie234
*yellowrexsi

www.civicclub.com
*smbundy-might bring 2 other ppl
3.Malayalee king-blue TL
4.Snowman81
5.kcblack02tl-s- +1
6.Tsx.Fury
7.JPTL-S
8.VWNOWHONDA
9.Mulk
10.EuRTSX
11. julyccc
12.sliptones629
13.Clean AC
14.BlkTypeS
15.Reach- TSX +1
16.leedogg
17.JDM5lugHatch
18.240CLS
19.jpt

list might increase or decrease as time goes on

If your name is listed above you need to contact me on your status as if you coming or not. No maybe's anymore only yes ill be their or no. To limit the possible ppl who could show up and who might not. And to have a # of ppl known so we can order enough food for the ppl actually showing up.

UPDATE
In order to cover the large cost of this large meet including the price of getting a park permit, and the meat we will need to be provided a 10$ entrance fee per person. Fee will help just a little bit with the total cost of the meet. Fee should be paid to me at the meet.

If your not coming to the meet I need you to contact me before next monday March 13
Beside that PM's will be going out to every1 on the list to try to make sure their status regarding the meet.

Or if your sure your not coming just PM me or hit me up on AIM: lacrossedude1800

Please do not stat your status in this thread so we can have relevant info without ppl needing to scroll through the pages for it. If you have a question or to tell me anything regarding your status contact me the ways I listed above.

Rules for the meet:
No:
Donuts, loud music, reving your engine or starting arguements between makes or models if anyone violates these rules they will be asked to leave and their admittion fee will not be refunded. These rules are set in order for every1 to have a enjoyable experience. After all we dont want to get the COPS involved. This meet is for us to meet up and enjoy a BBQ not agrue or do stupid ****.

Park allows "light alcoholic beverages" I believe some1 already offered to bring those check the list for updates. We still will need tho forks,knives,plates, utensils to BBQ, chips, sodas

Attendies note: You can bring parts you want to sell etc. THOUGH if they get stolen or lost no one is liable but you. YOU are the one that brought it.

Mods/Admins note: You can bring forum apparel to sell to the meet. But dont be upset that other forums will be doing the same thing with their merchendise. If your interested in doing this CONTACT ME

contacting me on AIM most likely will be easiest
jason2713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2006, 12:03 PM   #2

lots of ppl have asked me if they can bring alcohol now I have a answer. I looked at the park site. (Ill go their tomm most likely) but on the park site they say:

Group picnicking for 175 persons (maximum) is available through reservation. Shelters, restrooms and sports equipment are provided. Light alcoholic beverages are permitted in this restricted area. A fee and permit are required. Call the Park Permit Office to make reservation.

http://www.mc-mncppc.org/parks/facil...ohn/index.shtm

also

Prior to selecting and reserving any Local, Regional/Recreational Park Picnic Shelter(s), and or Group Picnic Area, we recommend that you visit the Park facility in advance to determine your site preference as fees are non-refundable and changes require a $45 fee. These facilities may be booked between January and October for dates between April 1 - October 31.
Old March 9th, 2006, 12:10 PM   #3

here is a map of the site where its going to be. my AIM is PimpDaddyJJ2713 you can message me there, should be a good time, we have almost 70 people with about 60 cars already definites....lets make it awesome!

Old March 9th, 2006, 01:04 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to BlueTigerCoupe Send a message via Skype™ to BlueTigerCoupe
I would like to attend this BBQ.I'm not in any club or anything, just would like to check other rides & see what's goin on.A friend of mine who has an Accord(Gen6)coupe may come also. Hope to see ya'll there.
BlueTigerCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 9th, 2006, 01:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTigerCoupe
I would like to attend this BBQ.I'm not in any club or anything, just would like to check other rides & see what's goin on.A friend of mine who has an Accord(Gen6)coupe may come also. Hope to see ya'll there.

we are not a car club or anything, just meeting people in person from forums. We are trying to get all the car clubs and people together. Please contact me if you are serious about going so we can have enough food and stuff.

What we want:
Our goal is over 100 people and nearly that many cars, i want this to be like a car show! People that can act grown welcome!

What we don't want:
Idiots that want to act up, show off, peel out, cause problems. No fighting, this is for fun, i want no arguments about whose car is fastest, blah blah blah.... just no childish people!

We do not want to have to ask anyone to leave, this is for fun only, meet people, get ideas for cars. Vendors are welcome to bring their mechandise but keep in mind, you will not be the only ones with merchandise.

Lets all keep this in mind, i want to drink a few brews, get fat, look at women, and browse cars....that's all! Hope to see you all there!
Old March 9th, 2006, 01:31 PM   #6

how far is this from philly? why arent you just doing in in oc mad the 18th theres a car show there that everyone could just meet up at....its at the convention center in oc md
jdoc08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 9th, 2006, 01:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoc08
how far is this from philly? why arent you just doing in in oc mad the 18th theres a car show there that everyone could just meet up at....its at the convention center in oc md
Philly is a hike, about 3-4 hours away. From Baltimore (where I live) its about 40 mins, so its not exactly around the corner from me either.

I will be at the June 10-11th O.C. car show and the March 18th Baltimore Truck and Car show, my sponsor is showcase my car with 2 others...you all may want to check those out too...

http://www.occarshow.com/carreg3.asp
Old March 9th, 2006, 02:50 PM   #8
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon

Send a message via AIM to telele
This will be a big event I can't wait the weather is starting to look good also. I've made if from philly to MD in about 2.5hrs so if you want to come to the BBQ and need a place to stay some of us can get you out of town guys a nice discounts on hotels. I know some people are coming for VA Beach, NJ, PA which are all about a 2-3hr drive so don't feel left out. Also you don't have to be a member of a club or car team or fourm to come everyone with or with out a car can come it's a nice way to start summer early.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
telele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 9th, 2006, 02:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by telele
This will be a big event I can't wait the weather is starting to look good also. I've made if from philly to MD in about 2.5hrs so if you want to come to the BBQ and need a place to stay some of us can get you out of town guys a nice discounts on hotels. I know some people are coming for VA Beach, NJ, PA which are all about a 2-3hr drive so don't feel left out. Also you don't have to be a member of a club or car team or fourm to come everyone with or with out a car can come it's a nice way to start summer early.
Damn right, its supposed to be awesome weather this weekend, lets hope it stays like that, SPRING IS ALIVE!

I am so pumped, this is like a private car show of sorts, as you can see the list is getting bigger and bigger. Shoot, maybe we can maek this a yearly thing.
Old March 9th, 2006, 03:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2713
Damn right, its supposed to be awesome weather this weekend, lets hope it stays like that, SPRING IS ALIVE!

I am so pumped, this is like a private car show of sorts, as you can see the list is getting bigger and bigger. Shoot, maybe we can maek this a yearly thing.

Yes sir yearly BBQ/meet/show that would be great if it's big enough we could turn it in to a car show and give out car show awards and gifts that would be hot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old March 11th, 2006, 01:32 AM   #11

Bump...

Old March 11th, 2006, 01:33 AM   #12

www.acurazine.com :
1.lil_turbo4- black CLS 6sp +4
2.Mrs_lil_turbo4-240sx
3.Malayalee king-blue TL
4.Snowman81
5.kcblack02tl-s- +1
6.Tsx.Fury
7.JPTL-S
8.VWNOWHONDA
9.Mulk
10.EuRTSX
11. julyccc
12.sliptones629
13.Clean AC
14.BlkTypeS
15.Reach- TSX +1
16.leedogg
17.JDM5lugHatch
18.240CLS
19.jpt
20.DC_TSX
21.dreamdtt2000
22.tl_badboy96
23.DJBLAST- Maybe

www.d-series.org :
1. vxcoastie
2. mferrari-maybe
5. BigTuna
6. DpoweredEF
8. remoers
9. makku

www.mdstreetscene.com :
Attendees:
1.civicEXcoupeman-planing meet-ahead of meet on this forum and all forums listed
2.civicsi94-helping out with meet planing on this forum
3.j3pz (maybe)
4.xblazer01
7. gotariceburner- should be their
8. strickensix
9. Ten94Tuner
10.scrappys64

www.bwimports.org :
1. schmitty8402
2. 98EXL
3. Raddy21
4. blk2001tlon19s
5. av6vtec1
6. telele
their currently making a attendies list for bwimports theirs more then one. Ill update soon

www.superhonda.com :
*civiconboostek
* hobie234
*vovchandler
*yellowrexsi

www.civicclub.com
*smbundy-might bring 2 other ppl

Old March 12th, 2006, 03:26 PM   #13

www.clubrsx.com :
1. ByronS aV6
2. mdRSX06
3. bjelder
4. VaFinestRSX
5. HondaGuy1122

www.acurazine.com :
2.Mrs_lil_turbo4-240sx
3.Malayalee king-blue TL
4.Snowman81
5.kcblack02tl-s- +1
6.Tsx.Fury
7.JPTL-S
8.VWNOWHONDA
9.Mulk
10.EuRTSX
11. julyccc
12.sliptones629
13.Clean AC
14.BlkTypeS
15.Reach- TSX +1
16.leedogg
17.JDM5lugHatch
18.240CLS
19.jpt
20.DC_TSX
21.dreamdtt2000
22.tl_badboy96
23.DJBLAST- Maybe

www.d-series.org :
1. vxcoastie
2. mferrari-maybe
5. BigTuna
6. DpoweredEF
8. remoers
9. makku

www.mdstreetscene.com :
Attendees:
1.civicEXcoupeman-planing meet-ahead of meet on this forum and all forums listed
2.civicsi94-helping out with meet planing on this forum
3.j3pz (maybe)
4.xblazer01
7. gotariceburner- should be their
8. strickensix
9. Ten94Tuner
10.scrappys64

www.bwimports.org :
1. schmitty8402
2. 98EXL
3. Raddy21
4. blk2001tlon19s
5. av6vtec1
6. telele
7. NwTnr7383
their currently making a attendies list for bwimports theirs more then one. Ill update soon

www.superhonda.com :
1. civiconboostek
2. hobie234
3. vovchandler
4. yellowrexsi

www.civicclub.com
1. smbundy-might bring 2 other ppl

www.tuner-junction.com

www.importvelocity.org

1. Sylon03
2. CiviC KyD

Last edited by telele; March 12th, 2006 at 03:30 PM..
Old March 13th, 2006, 10:43 AM   #14
Just a Regular Member now

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
Tele: Put my name on the list under www.v6p.net

Thanks.

Dizzy
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 13th, 2006, 11:50 AM   #15

Ok this was posted by Jason (jason2713) Hopefully he can get with lil_turbo4 to talk more about the BBQ since more is going on now. Info below on the show and BBQ

Guys, I am buying the reservation to the park today, I am also making arrangments to buy the trophies for the car show.

Here are the trophies, I had to edit them since I do not anticipate there being a lot of domestic cars (or am I wrong?) You will register and pay $10 per car to be in the show. If you do not want to be in the show, you will pay $5 per head to eat food, enjoy the company (not per car! we will not allow you to fill a minivan and pay $5.

We will assign unbiased judges. Entries will be monitored, so don't try putting your pretty heavily modded car into the stock division and say I have stock TL rims and stock TL sway bars, but your whole interior matches and you have suede inserts on the seats and all.

If you have an accord, and have the HFP kits, rims, suspension, etc...then you are stock. If you have a car with rims, kit, suspension, headlights, system, and a few custom things, then you are mild. If you have all that and then some fish tanks, custom screens, your engine is painted to match, custom paint job...you will be placed in the wild category.

To give you an example, when i enter a car show, I put myself in the mild, I have a stock interior, ghosted flames on the exterior with factory paint, kit, rims suspension and stereo system in trunk. I don't have fish tanks, lava lamps, lightning globes, clear hood with screens under the hood, neons everywhere...etc etc. Depending on what we see at the show, ill probably be placed in the wild category, but we'll see.

5 "Best of..." Awards:
Best of Show - Overall Car
Best Exterior
Best Interior
Best Audio/Video System
Best of Performance

Divisions:
1990-1997 Cars
1st-3rd places - (Stock) - Factory cars only (factory kits, rims, suspensions,)
1st-3rd places - (Mild) - Rims, Suspension, Stereo, Body Kit
1st-3rd places - (Wild) - Cars with a lot of custom stuff

1998-2006 Cars
1st-3rd places - (Stock)
1st-3rd places - (Mild)
1st-3rd places - (Wild)

Hope to see a lot of people participate, should be a great time!

www.V6P.net

1. Dizzy

We need more V6P members.

www.clubrsx.com :
1. ByronS aV6
2. mdRSX06
3. bjelder
4. VaFinestRSX
5. HondaGuy1122

www.acurazine.com :
2.Mrs_lil_turbo4-240sx
3.Malayalee king-blue TL
4.Snowman81
5.kcblack02tl-s- +1
6.Tsx.Fury
7.JPTL-S
8.VWNOWHONDA
9.Mulk
10.EuRTSX
11. julyccc
12.sliptones629
13.Clean AC
14.BlkTypeS
15.Reach- TSX +1
16.leedogg
17.JDM5lugHatch
18.240CLS
19.jpt
20.DC_TSX
21.dreamdtt2000
22.tl_badboy96
23.DJBLAST- Maybe

www.d-series.org :
1. vxcoastie
2. mferrari-maybe-dont count him in. In planning.
5. BigTuna
6. DpoweredEF
8. remoer

www.mdstreetscene.com :
Attendees:
1.civicEXcoupeman-will bring maybe 10-15 ppl
2.civicsi94
3.j3pz (maybe)
4.xblazer01
7. gotariceburner-
8. strickensix
9. Ten94Tuner
10.scrappys64-> be their with 3-4 cars
11. DAman
12. SEntRaman
13. jayunsplanet

www.bwimports.org :
1. schmitty8402
2. 98EXL
3. Raddy21
4. blk2001tlon19s
5. av6vtec1
6. telele
7. NwTnr7383
8. Hyeone
9. ThugedoutMex2003

www.superhonda.com :
1. civiconboostek
2. hobie234
3. vovchandler
4. yellowrexsi

www.civicclub.com
1. smbundy-might bring 2 other ppl

www.importvelocity.org

1. Sylon03
2. CiviC KyD

Last edited by telele; March 13th, 2006 at 11:53 AM..
Old March 13th, 2006, 12:19 PM   #16

V6P will be also be considering the hottest accord at the show to showcase their car at the National Cherry Blossom Festival.

Maybe we can put a call out to models as well. That way I can get my model and car at the same day. LOL. Plus, throw in a "model shoot" I think u'll draw even more ppl.

Dizzy
Old March 13th, 2006, 01:35 PM   #17

I'm game for anything dizzy just let me know if anything comes to mind.

Old March 13th, 2006, 09:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
V6P will be also be considering the hottest accord at the show to showcase their car at the National Cherry Blossom Festival.

Maybe we can put a call out to models as well. That way I can get my model and car at the same day. LOL. Plus, throw in a "model shoot" I think u'll draw even more ppl.

Dizzy
hey guys, sorry i did not update you all, as of now, you see what I posted on BWImports.org

Looks as though we may meet our 100 car goal, if not more.

Also, one more note, instead of starting at 4pm, we are starting at 2pm. We are going to have 3 judges experienced with the NCCA rules, and above are edited car classes. I don't think there will be many domestics, so I just made it CARS not imports/domestics.

Registration for the car show starts at 10:30am and goes until 12:00pm, we'd like to have judging start around 1-2pm so we can give awards around 4-5pm.

If you decide you want to help and add something to the show, the organizers are going to meet around 8:30am to get everything set up.

Please feel free to email me or PM me, my email is [email protected]

$10 to enter car show and eat
$5 for general admission which includes food
Old March 13th, 2006, 10:15 PM   #19

To save hassle from the Park Police....let's keep it alcohol free. You will already get scrutiny from Park Police and Montgomery county cops ( they are literally down the street 2 miles away) so let's keep the booze out.

Dizzy
Old March 14th, 2006, 03:35 AM   #20

Werd I don't think I'll be drinking anyway but anything to keep bacon from crashing the party. I know the park says you can have light alcohol but it will be hard to stop people from coming with a few beers I would also think alcohol free would be the safest.

Old March 14th, 2006, 04:23 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by telele
Werd I don't think I'll be drinking anyway but anything to keep bacon from crashing the party. I know the park says you can have light alcohol but it will be hard to stop people from coming with a few beers I would also think alcohol free would be the safest.

i agree, i was going to bring beer, but i know me, I drink like I drive, i hit the accelerator with hardly any brakes meaning once i start, its all party and no moderation

Remember 2pm, not 4pm, if you are helpin to play, get there early, I will be there at 8:30am to get everything in order, Jon is making signs to post up to point people to our camp. We have tables to set up, grills to get hot, registration forms and car show details to iron out. So i think getting there earlier than later will be better.

please do email or PM me if you decide you'd like to help. I wanna make a list of TO DO's and add organizers to my group email list. I don't want 1 task being done 14 times because no one knows who's doing what

can't wait for this!
Old March 14th, 2006, 07:14 AM   #22

Where in Cabin John Park will this be? There's a private area on Tuckerman Lane closer to Cabin John Mall that's an enclosed area. But the Parking there stinks.

The larger part, with entrances on Westlake Dr. and Tuckerman Ln has a larger parking lot, but there area a lot of pavilions in that area, as well as a kids play area. I think for saftey reasons, we should set-up at the lot by the Westlake entrance. it is visible from the street and easy to find...and its farther away from the kids area.

Since I'm down the street, I'll be happy to help out. Do you also need music? Since I also own a mobile dj company, I can bring some sounds as well. Then we can have guest dj's play throughout the day. Just a thought But we would need a plug...lol.
We might have to check w/ park service about music though.

Dizzy
Old March 14th, 2006, 07:24 AM   #23

Quote:
Where in Cabin John Park will this be? There's a private area on Tuckerman Lane closer to Cabin John Mall that's an enclosed area. But the Parking there stinks.

The larger part, with entrances on Westlake Dr. and Tuckerman Ln has a larger parking lot, but there area a lot of pavilions in that area, as well as a kids play area. I think for saftey reasons, we should set-up at the lot by the Westlake entrance. it is visible from the street and easy to find...and its farther away from the kids area.

Since I'm down the street, I'll be happy to help out. Do you also need music? Since I also own a mobile dj company, I can bring some sounds as well. Then we can have guest dj's play throughout the day. Just a thought But we would need a plug...lol.

Dizzy
I will check with the park today about the music and let you know...that would be great, we would definitely add you to our flier as one of our sponsors. Bring cameras everyone, I want pix. After the show, I will set up a web site for pix, sponsor links, plugs, etc...I want this to be cheap and fun for everyone.
Old March 14th, 2006, 09:51 AM   #24

Quote:

We might have to check w/ park service about music though.

Dizzy

Ok Guys -

We have 2 enclosures (THAT'S RIGHT 2!) I wanted it, so I got it. The V6P founder is a DJ and asked if he could
bring music. I talked to the park, they are fine with this, but asks to lower volume if someone asks (we must
be conscience of others, this is a public park)

Here is the master list I've compiled, I have not received one email addy from anyone, so if you plan to help
please email me at [email protected] or I will not have you down as someone helping. As stuff gets done
I will be posting the progress to keep everyone on point.

Jon - civicexcoupeman
1) Signs directing people
2) coolers for drinks food
3) grills (charcoal + ligher fluid)
4) food - remember to ask about packets of condements
5) folding chairs (if you have em) and folding table
6) friends

Dre - telele
1) Car Show Registration forms
2) Slips to put in car windshields
3) food - hot dogs/hamburgers
4) Judges - PhatIntegra, DRE, and IoBidder (please be there 8:30am)
5) friends

Eric - civicsi94
1) condements (ketchup, mustard, mayo)
2) utensils (plates, napkins, forks)
3) anything else you can think of that you'd be involved with (email me)
4) food (hotdogs/hamburgers)
5) friends

Me- Jason2713
1) reservations - DONE
2) trophies
3) grilling utensils - I have one set, anyone else have any? bring em
4) folding table/chairs
5) grill
6) food (hotdogs/hamburgers, salads)
7) sodas
8) friends

Troy - lil_turbo
1) food (hot dogs/hamburgers)
2) utensils (forks, spoons, knives)
3) plates
4) napkins
5) sodas
6) friends

Dizzy -
1) DJ stuff
2) girls
3) friends
Old March 14th, 2006, 01:45 PM   #25

Bad news....I just talked to my DJ partner and he needs our equipment for a wedding that day. So no mega loud party music..sorry.

Dizzy
Old March 16th, 2006, 03:13 AM   #26

Music or not it should be fun

Old March 16th, 2006, 02:09 PM   #27

Dizzy are you still coming and is anyone else?

Old March 17th, 2006, 08:20 AM   #28

Owner of this meet here. Im sure if everyone comes they will have a blast you can see how much work has been put into this by seeing Jason's and telele's post they have been very helpful in order to make this the best god damn spring meet this year. I couldnt do it without them. Thx guys

Any questions, concern, problems, don't be affraid to contact us.

If you come to the meet your going to have a blast and thats enough said.

See you all at the meet Next saterday March 25th
civicexcoupeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 17th, 2006, 02:27 PM   #29

I'm still coming. I'm trying to get a few models to show up and set-up shop so they can "donate" their autographed pictures. I will also be shooting video for the Chinese Channel on Comcast and doing interviews.

What is the "official" title for this event? DC Metro Area Spring meet?

Dizzy
Old March 17th, 2006, 03:43 PM   #30

Pretty much it's a MD/DC/VA area car show / BBQ. See you there dizzy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in