Thinking about a Engine Assembly meet. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > REGIONAL CHAPTERS > MD - DC - VA - WV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2007, 12:50 PM   #1
M90SC Boosting 13PSI
 
NVA-AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 10,960
Thinking about a Engine Assembly meet.

There seems to have been a good amount of intrest in my 3.5L thread, well in about 3-4 weeks I should finally have all the parts together and prepped to assemble the engine. And I was wondering how many members in the area would like to come over and watch the assembly. This would happen on a Saturday and I am in the Ashburn area of Northern VA, about 2 miles from Dulles airport.
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 11th, 2007, 01:02 PM   #2
Nothing special
 
blu6speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 838
Send a message via AIM to blu6speed
Hey Im not to far away, im in!
__________________
2003 Blue Accord Coupe EX V6 6-Speed
blu6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 11th, 2007, 01:13 PM   #3
BULLPOO
 
SixSpeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 4,241
Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
Moved.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old June 12th, 2007, 09:04 PM   #4
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 83
im down. Im in the Rockville area in MD. There might be a couple other members who might be willing to go. The only thing, i work saturdays until around 5 so i would be getting there till pretty late.
bbc1109 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2007, 06:21 AM   #5
M90SC Boosting 13PSI
 
NVA-AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 10,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc1109
im down. Im in the Rockville area in MD. There might be a couple other members who might be willing to go. The only thing, i work saturdays until around 5 so i would be getting there till pretty late.
Well, depending on how things look for the other people scheduale wise, we may move it to Sunday, see what the greatest concencous is.
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2007, 07:40 AM   #6
GO HOKIES
 
viper4343's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 549
Send a message via AIM to viper4343
I'll Be there! I cant wait
viper4343 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2007, 12:43 PM   #7
M90SC Boosting 13PSI
 
NVA-AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 10,960
Every one, please post your normal weekend avaliblilty, I am willing to move it around so that as many as possible can come. This is going to be a good 6-8 hour process (allowing for some Murphy and BS time). And if we ask real nice, my wife might even give us some grub.
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2007, 02:47 PM   #8
GO HOKIES
 
viper4343's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 549
Send a message via AIM to viper4343
I work primarily every day 7 days a week until about 6ish. If the day gets specified fairly soon I can bug out early. Anything for an engine build haha.
viper4343 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2007, 03:57 PM   #9
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 83
There are a couple more 7th gens on bwimports.org. That website is more dedicated to locals with accords and so on. You should check out the site. Most of them use to be on V6P. A couple of them still post and here: raddy21 and TELELE, both very chill and coo peoplez.

Im down for any saturday afternoon, and I can do sunday morning until the end of this month in which i will be able to do all day.

If you postpone until July 1st (sunday) i can do all day. U will also give time for ppl to get their schedules squared of to see this ultimate mod go down.
bbc1109 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2007, 05:24 PM   #10
M90SC Boosting 13PSI
 
NVA-AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 10,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc1109
There are a couple more 7th gens on bwimports.org. That website is more dedicated to locals with accords and so on. You should check out the site. Most of them use to be on V6P. A couple of them still post and here: raddy21 and TELELE, both very chill and coo peoplez.

Im down for any saturday afternoon, and I can do sunday morning until the end of this month in which i will be able to do all day.

If you postpone until July 1st (sunday) i can do all day. U will also give time for ppl to get their schedules squared of to see this ultimate mod go down.
Well I should be getting the crank tomorrow and the pistons and rods next week, block will goto machine shop next week for clean and hone, so the 1st is a good possibility.
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2007, 09:48 PM   #11
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVA-AV6
Well I should be getting the crank tomorrow and the pistons and rods next week, block will goto machine shop next week for clean and hone, so the 1st is a good possibility.
sounds good then. Ill see if i could get some of these guys to come out aswell. Have u ever come up to rockville on any given friday night?
bbc1109 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 14th, 2007, 03:18 AM   #12
M90SC Boosting 13PSI
 
NVA-AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 10,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc1109
sounds good then. Ill see if i could get some of these guys to come out aswell. Have u ever come up to rockville on any given friday night?
Nope, I am usually getting off work around 5PM and then doing family stuff, now for 5 weeks this summer we are without kids as they go with thier "father", so this opens up the possibility.
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2007, 05:27 AM   #13
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon
 
telele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Maryland - Toronto
Posts: 3,305
Send a message via AIM to telele
As long as I don't have to work I would not mind checking it out with a fellow 7th gen owner, he told me about your swap today it sounds like fun.
telele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2007, 02:10 PM   #14
M90SC Boosting 13PSI
 
NVA-AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 10,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by telele
As long as I don't have to work I would not mind checking it out with a fellow 7th gen owner, he told me about your swap today it sounds like fun.
No, just a bunch of standing around and BSing, I'll be the one with the tourqe wrench.
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2007, 02:38 PM   #15
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon
 
telele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Maryland - Toronto
Posts: 3,305
Send a message via AIM to telele
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVA-AV6
No, just a bunch of standing around and BSing, I'll be the one with the tourqe wrench.


LOL I mean my work as in job lol if you need a hand I'm sure some of us won't mind to help you out let me know when the set date is bro
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
telele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2007, 05:18 PM   #16
M90SC Boosting 13PSI
 
NVA-AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 10,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by telele
LOL I mean my work as in job lol if you need a hand I'm sure some of us won't mind to help you out let me know when the set date is bro
It's been a long day of media blasting and polishing parts for the engine, sorry.

What is your schedual the weekend of the 1st?
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2007, 08:27 AM   #17
Surpreme Clientele
 
HaloCoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte& Greensboro, NC
Posts: 456
While you guys are at anyone want to help me put in my 6spd ?

NVA if you know how i would shell out some cash, i cant find anyone who has the balls and/or knowledge
HaloCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2007, 09:01 AM   #18
M90SC Boosting 13PSI
 
NVA-AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 10,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloCoupe
While you guys are at anyone want to help me put in my 6spd ?

NVA if you know how i would shell out some cash, i cant find anyone who has the balls and/or knowledge
So this ia a 6SP into a 6th gen?

What engine ,tranny, EMS?

Has anyone thay you know of done the combo of stuff from above sucessfuly?

Sounds like fun, but it is a lot of work, especially in the reasearch of what is direct bolt up, mod, total fabricate, so I guess my first question to you , is how much research have you done so far?
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2007, 09:03 AM   #19
M90SC Boosting 13PSI
 
NVA-AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 10,960
Ok guys it is looking good for the weekend of 6-30/7-1. I know some of you work weekends, so please give me your scheduales so we can try to plan around them.
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2007, 09:14 AM   #20
Surpreme Clientele
 
HaloCoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte& Greensboro, NC
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVA-AV6
So this ia a 6SP into a 6th gen??
Yes its a 2001 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVA-AV6
What engine ,tranny, EMS??
Currently i have a 3.0 V6 J30a Looking to bolt on a TL-S 6 spd transmission bolts directly on. I think know 10 ppl have done it on this website alone if not more than that. I have done quite a bit of research i have a full parts list and cost. Know my next step is finding someone who can do it and how long its going to take. Umm try searching 6spd swap and there is a whole thread on it
HaloCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2007, 11:15 AM   #21
M90SC Boosting 13PSI
 
NVA-AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 10,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloCoupe
Yes its a 2001 Coupe



Currently i have a 3.0 V6 J30a Looking to bolt on a TL-S 6 spd transmission bolts directly on. I think know 10 ppl have done it on this website alone if not more than that. I have done quite a bit of research i have a full parts list and cost. Know my next step is finding someone who can do it and how long its going to take. Umm try searching 6spd swap and there is a whole thread on it
It looks like it bolts up, but a nut has to be welded on for the shift cables and there apparently from looking a Richies thread needs harness work and some module he came up with, but looks like something we can do over like 2 weekends, 1 for pedals, clutch, looking everything over and making sure we have everything, and a second to actually pull and swap the trannies.

I am currently only working out of my small 1 car garage so I have limited space (for now anyway).
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2007, 11:25 AM   #22
Surpreme Clientele
 
HaloCoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte& Greensboro, NC
Posts: 456
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVA-AV6
It looks like it bolts up, but a nut has to be welded on for the shift cables and there apparently from looking a Richies thread needs harness work and some module he came up with, but looks like something we can do over like 2 weekends, 1 for pedals, clutch, looking everything over and making sure we have everything, and a second to actually pull and swap the trannies.

I am currently only working out of my small 1 car garage so I have limited space (for now anyway).

ARE YOU SERIOUS !!! omg sounds sooo good, well how much would you want for labor i mean i would prefer to do it later in july so i could just pay cash for everything
HaloCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2007, 12:55 PM   #23
M90SC Boosting 13PSI
 
NVA-AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 10,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloCoupe
ARE YOU SERIOUS !!! omg sounds sooo good, well how much would you want for labor i mean i would prefer to do it later in july so i could just pay cash for everything
To tell you the truth I hadn't even thought about that, LOL, it's been a while since I got paid for doing this stuff. Anyway, I could not do it until late July, August anyway, LOL, I have a 3.5L engine that has currently taken over my garage.
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2007, 01:06 PM   #24
Surpreme Clientele
 
HaloCoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte& Greensboro, NC
Posts: 456
Well as July gets closer, just keep me posted with your schedule since Richie has to make me a harness, and all the other stuff, July /August actually works a whole lot better for me. Well i know your intent wasnt to get paid, i mean but i have to give you some kind of money for doing it. I guess i could get you some parts or something for the 3.5 ...I mean you are like my only hope for a 6spd !!! Just the fact that you COULD do it has made my day
HaloCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2007, 01:13 PM   #25
M90SC Boosting 13PSI
 
NVA-AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 10,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloCoupe
Well as July gets closer, just keep me posted with your schedule since Richie has to make me a harness, and all the other stuff, July /August actually works a whole lot better for me. Well i know your intent wasnt to get paid, i mean but i have to give you some kind of money for doing it. I guess i could get you some parts or something for the 3.5 ...I mean you are like my only hope for a 6spd !!! Just the fact that you COULD do it has made my day
We'll figure something out, I actually just finished oredering the last of the parts and dropping off the block and heads to the machine shop, should have them back Friday and of course you are welcome to come out for the engine assembly, just need some of the other guys to get me thier schedules so that I can try to work this around thier avalibility.

Hopefully this time next year I will be moving to another house with at least a 2 bay if not 3 bay garage at which point I was thinking of taking on work like this for select people.

Last edited by NVA-AV6; June 18th, 2007 at 01:16 PM..
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2007, 01:21 PM   #26
Surpreme Clientele
 
HaloCoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte& Greensboro, NC
Posts: 456
oh ok sounds great, im soo excited well just let me know when you are going to do the engine work and im there
HaloCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2007, 01:59 PM   #27
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 83
im down 7-1 all day. Im hoping i could get a couple mods into my ride before we meet up though.
bbc1109 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2007, 02:12 PM   #28
M90SC Boosting 13PSI
 
NVA-AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 10,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc1109
im down 7-1 all day. Im hoping i could get a couple mods into my ride before we meet up though.
Like what?
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2007, 05:49 PM   #29
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 83
got tint for my tails, blackhoused headlights, 6spd vents, and some license plate hyper white lights to put in. All of them relatively easy mods but ofcourse time consuming.
bbc1109 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2007, 07:10 PM   #30
M90SC Boosting 13PSI
 
NVA-AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 10,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc1109
got tint for my tails, blackhoused headlights, 6spd vents, and some license plate hyper white lights to put in. All of them relatively easy mods but ofcourse time consuming.
Well, hell bring the headlights with you, they are only a 1-1.5 hr job, we'll knock them out quick.
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On