WHat are the differences betweenthe motors in..... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2003, 06:24 AM   #1

WHat are the differences betweenthe motors in.....

Accord, CL, TL, and Odyssey (Pilot and MDX)?

Hello! I'm a newbie here.....I have a 2003 Honda Odyssey. (Traded with S2000, because of current need for more room, but really missed the fun of VTEC power) I'm curious on the differences between those engines listed above. Because I couldn't find any Supercharger for the Ody. But, it seems like the Comptech Supercharger would work? (I have contact the Comptech technician, but they claim they don't have a Supercharger for the Ody. ) I've also did the same with Apexi, when I had the S2000. They claim they didn't have the V-AFC for the S2000, but there are people making wire harness to plug the Apexi V-AFC onto the S2000, and I had one installed. And it worked great! Gained over 12 WHp just with the V-AFC and K&N CAI. (Dyno'd!)

I just think the most differeces are mainly on the throttle bodies and "room" to place the Supercharger? Just curious if anyone had modified one to fit the Odyssey, if there aren't major differences between those V6's? Any help will be appreciated!

Last edited by 850; September 8th, 2003 at 09:22 AM..
850 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 8th, 2003, 09:05 AM   #2
Traded the AV6...

I would think the CL\TL-S supercharger would be a better fit. You would need to remove the intake manifold spacer as it will make the throttle body too high. Also the CL/TL-S has a two part throttle body so you will need to make an adaptor for your throttle body. Looking at the sites below should help.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org
Old September 8th, 2003, 12:03 PM   #3

Smile Thanks for the links............

I have used them often. Since I used to own a S2000 and CRX, I have ordered from Majestic Honda in the past. Also have checked the Brake and Knuckle components on that Acura site, hoping to upgrade my brake to the MDX's (It's actually a local dealer's website here in Atlanta right by my house!)

Yes! I just notice the 3.5 Liter engines of the MDX, Odyssey, and Pilot have an extra spacer below the Intake manifold. And I think all the Throttle bodies openings are larger than the ones on the (3.2 & 3.0 Liter) TL, CL, and Accord! But I went to Comptech website and examined the pictures of their Superchargers. All of them 'looked" similar........There are difinitely enough room under the hood of MDX, Pilot, and Odyssey to place one of those Supercharger! The only differeces I can see are the location of the intake, since it has that spacer. But that only require an extra length in the plumbing? And the throttle bodies? are they Competch's or OEM? I just don't think it's that hard to created another Supercharger system for the Odyssey (Which also will fit the Pilot and earlier MDX)??? That's 3 different model lines for one charger! I guess I'll have to write to Comptech again .............?
850 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in