Mopar Owners Represent - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2003, 10:33 PM   #1

Mopar Owners Represent

This thread is a tribute and a shout out to all LH body Mopars from a member of DodgeIntrepid.net.

Let me hear ya shout, YOOOOOO!
CHASTAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 27th, 2003, 12:50 AM   #2
2009 NL East Champs?

Send a message via AIM to Crombie Send a message via Yahoo to Crombie
CHAS!!!!! What's up buddy! Yeah, we need more Dodge/Chrsyler folks on here. Anyways, glad to be aboard.
Crombie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 27th, 2003, 11:20 AM   #3

Send a message via ICQ to 94EGLTSI Send a message via Yahoo to 94EGLTSI
I agree!!!
94EGLTSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 27th, 2003, 12:22 PM   #4

whooo whoooooooo

RICERS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 SE 2.7L
80 Seris flowmaster with dual tailpipes
Painted reflector bar
Vibrant Cold air intake
Purple Split Loom
Front window tint
Limo tint rears/20% fronts
2-12 Massive Pw's
1-CA 200(2100w)
JVC CD/DVD and 12 Disc Changer
DI.NET window banner
Jus' Trepping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 27th, 2003, 02:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by Jus' Trepping on September 27th, 2003 at 01:22 PM

whooo whoooooooo

RICERS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hey!!......i resemble that remark!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forged pistons
duel intakes
no restrictor
jet chip
gtr spoiler
ported and polished intake and heads
80 shot edelbrock nitrous system
american racing estella rims
2 3/4 catback exhaust into a TVR high flow muffler.
1/8: 9.925 @ 73.42mph
not too shabby for a sled.
"Speaking of the tire wet stuff, I had some and the label on the front said "pleasant vanilla scent", yet on the back it said "WARNING: Inhaling contents could be harmful or even fatal". Ummm....WTF?." - Warlord187
Ravin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 28th, 2003, 12:35 AM   #6

nah still runny domestic it's cool
Jus' Trepping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 8th, 2003, 01:04 AM   #7
member: stroppy moo club

Send a message via ICQ to bored&stroked Send a message via AIM to bored&stroked
I used to be a mopar man believe it or not, until we owned a 96 intrepid 3.5L. It had about 16,000miles when we bought it. It was a undercover police unit: high speed steering system and maybe some stronger shocks or somthing, all I know is it had the improved steering. Why? Because by 70,000miles it was replaced, the fuel rails and pump were replaced [we did eventually get our money from dodge, points for them ] all the shocks were replaced, and then it started shedding belts. About one a week if you didn't drive too much. Our mechinc gave up, couldn't figure out what was wrong. So did we. We bought a nice new 99 honda accord v6, and never looked back

I will say though when it worked, it was a really fun car. Very torquey. Glad to have you guys aboard
98 GMC 1500- so low, so sweet. Daily driver #1.
06 CBR600F4i- freakin rocket ship. Daily #2.

Disclaimer- I can't spell correctly to save my life.
bored&stroked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 8th, 2003, 01:08 AM   #8
2009 NL East Champs?

Thanks! 1st gens have their fair share of problems. Then again so does the 2nd gen SE. Tranny and engine problems for the SE are not uncommon. I have had 2 engine flushes and one tranny flush. No problems. *knock on wood*

Old November 25th, 2003, 09:57 PM   #9

[Waving arms wildly]

CordDriver95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 25th, 2003, 10:30 PM   #10
2009 NL East Champs?

Quote:
Originally posted by CordDriver95
[Waving arms wildly]
I see you Cord... welcome aboard!

Old December 31st, 2003, 02:32 AM   #11

well not an LH body but a G body...............c'mon guys lemme in, its a mopar too
3.0Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 21st, 2004, 04:20 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to Vigo
heh, sup guys. in two posts ive recognized like 10 people from 3 different forums. off to a good start
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 9th, 2004, 07:02 PM   #13

3.0 tona did you even decide to keep your daytona or did you get something else? i never heard..
Old June 9th, 2004, 06:30 PM   #14
Seing The (HID)Light

Send a message via AIM to tarheelguy
i have a dodge. 02 Stratus R/T. check the gallery
tarheelguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 10th, 2004, 06:05 PM   #15

WAY TO REPRESENT.

I've had my 3.5 for several years now, and I got it with 999,999 miles on it. The only problem I have had is normal suspension wear and tear like tie rod ends, although the joints at the steering gear end are prone to earlier wear in the intrepid, mine made it over 100K. The transmission problems common to the intrepids were due to bad programming in pre-95 transmission controllers which cause pre-mature clutch wear.

Dodge needs to get back on the ball though. The Dodge 3.5 used to be one of the best v-6's in the market, but now everybody has thier own version. I'll never understand why they haven't ofered a 3.8 version with the 3.5 top-end. Not an easy mod after-market, but a simple change for a manufacturer.
Old June 11th, 2004, 09:07 PM   #16
Pimptastic Tank

Don't you just love the big body trep. I'm partial to Stone White myself.

The Tank: AKA: 2002 Stone White SE W/ D Package

Mods:

-3M Scotch Tint 35% up front and 20% out back.

-Blue Tinted Liscence Plate Covers.

-Stainless Steel Dodge "Ram" Front Plate.

-Dodge Stearing Wheel Cover and Front Floor Mats.

-Mercedes Rear Rubber Floor Mats "Found" for Free at Work.

*I am a Maguiar's whore. Therefore another one of my mods has to be the smoother than a baby but paint finish*

"Peter Piper picked peppers, and I pop nines."

- 50 Cent
g_unit_333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 12th, 2004, 06:15 AM   #17

Nice, here is mine.

http://home.fuse.net/markchastain/mybaby.htm

I have a mirrorized glass ram head on the front plate with a plate that matches the car color. I think the steel would be better because I keep cracking mine.
Old June 13th, 2004, 12:27 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally posted by CHASTAIN
I'll never understand why they haven't ofered a 3.8 version with the 3.5 top-end. Not an easy mod after-market, but a simple change for a manufacturer.
Easier for the aftermarket actually. Just stroke your 3.5 into a 3.8L Then port the heads and up the cams to make up for the increase in displacment and pretso- your high end 3.8L.

Old June 13th, 2004, 12:31 AM   #19
8cyls, 2 turbos, 30psi

Send a message via AIM to r.j-lo
Mopar here!!
Wife has the GT Cruiser..peppy little thing!

If any of you all have dyno sheets, please post in the dyno list. Ill make sure you get a category. This is v6 performance after all, not just for Hondas anymore...

r.j-lo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2004, 07:48 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally posted by bored&stroked
Easier for the aftermarket actually. Just stroke your 3.5 into a 3.8L Then port the heads and up the cams to make up for the increase in displacment and pretso- your high end 3.8L.
Aftermarket? What aftermarket?

The only aftermarket for the DC 3.5 is a civic intake and some throttlebody spacers. Anything else has to be custom made. Worst of all, the timming set-up is different, so the bottom end does not interchange with the 3.8. Add to that that the 3.8 is an iron block and the new 3.5 is aluminium (so your journals will be different), and you are better off having a custom crank made than trying to make the 3.8 work.

There is not much porting to do on these heads, although they could use a polish.

Unfortunately, the only thing DC has tweaked on the engine is the block, and the valve train. The 1G 3.5 is an iron block with Aluminium heads, and the 2G is all aluminium. The 2G H.O. has a different cam grind, but they changed the rockers on the 2G to a single wishboned rocker for both exhaust valves. One of the guys at DI.net is looking into swapping the valvetrain between the two heads right now. This looks interesting, and may be doable. Another head possibility is that the 93-94 model has a higher compression ratio, but the flow sucks BAD. The compression ratio drops from 10.45 to 9.6 in 1995, BUT THE POWER STAYS. The porting is radically different, and takes some serious grinding. I have some pics of the ports on DI.net.

Last edited by CHASTAIN; June 13th, 2004 at 07:52 AM..
Old June 27th, 2004, 09:23 PM   #21

dodges enlarged 3.5 is on the way... of course, it should have been out 3 years ago, but i think its going to be a 4.0.. and its going to go in pacifica's and LX's.. speaking of pacificas, they will finally be getting the reguler old 3.8!! why they didnt start with it i'll never know :/

i just got my dynasty totally roadworthy again.. last november when i crunched the front suspension on a curb, it sat til probly january, then i dragged it home, and since then its gotten 11.25 inch vented front and rear discs (BARELY fit under my 15s, haha), kyb gr-2's up front and gas-a-justs in the back, the original dynasty axle, welded up this time (WAY better than welded daytona axle??), c/s daytona springs (SLIGHTLY better than the shelby ones iirc) and an es front sway bar.. i never really drove the car to enjoy all the mods, but now that all i need is an alignment, i can at least get an idea...

and MAN is it different.. its very near neutral, the rear brake bias is more sane (backs still lockup first tho, just not near as bad as when i had the solid rear disc setup), and finally, it can now pick up the inside rear wheel on a hard turn. the scary body lean is gone. aside from my slightly messed up steering gear and my soft sidewall tires, the steering response is much improved.. just wait til i get some 245/45r17 azeni sports on it... mwahahahaha.

also, this week im taking the engine out of my 94 shadow and putting it into my 89 aries... after which i will probly leave it alone for a while, despite the fact that i have a pile of parts sitting around for it. i've decided to leave the drivetrain stock, except maybe intake and timing advance, because my 86 lebaron convertible is becoming my tbi project, no sense in having two..
the stuff that is going on the aries when i get around to it is shelby front springs, dynasty rear springs, 94 k-frame with swaybar from shadow, shadow rear shocks, 10.25/60mm front disc setup from the dynasty (second best possible k-car front setup, under the dynasty's current ones), 89 (better parking brake assembly) 10.5/34mm solid rear discs (same deal, 2nd best possible), welded daytona ES rear axle, power lebaron GTS front seats, better lighted sun visors with lighted vanity mirrors, a 125wrms coustic amp and 2 10s, and i might put the tilt steering column from the lebaron in it, since it serves the dual purpose of giving the aries tilt and making the lebaron lighter. oh, and im probly putting my cimarron wheels on it.

the lebaron is getting the 94 shadow's roller head (much quieter, 2 hp mayb also), 94 intake manifold (best tbi manifold), exhaust manifold (2.5" as opposed to current 2.25"), transmission (3.48:1 diff ratio as opposed to 3.02 and lockup converter, which mine doesnt have), and its also getting the shadows springs and front struts, and its front brake setup and spindles. the lebaron is also getting even more ligthening, and im probly ditching the power steering soon.

this is ALL 100% parts i have sitting around... although im sure ill spend a few bucks here and there putting it together.

the avenger isnt really a domestic.. but all i've got for it thats yet to be put on is a front brake upgrade from a diamante, 10.8 inch discs and dual piston calipers... just have to get around to that too.. sigh.

anyway, lots of projects... if anyone's particularly interested i can update as i go along.

Last edited by Vigo; June 27th, 2004 at 09:25 PM..
Old June 27th, 2004, 09:31 PM   #22
I'm still not 21.

Send a message via AIM to BConly
welcome to the forum guys
BConly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2004, 11:57 PM   #23

the avenger front brakes are on.. NICE upgrade!!! it honestly feels about as good as the dynasty now.. sweet upgrade for 70 or so bucks total. hehe.

now its starting with the aries!! yeeha! :P
Old July 6th, 2004, 03:10 PM   #24
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

It must be fun to be able to mix and match the parts of your cars
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 6th, 2004, 04:12 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally posted by CHASTAIN
Aftermarket? What aftermarket?
The aftermarket thats only a phone call away. I never said pre-fabbed stuff, I just said aftermarket. Custom stroker cranks that are one off's are about as aftermarket as you get.

Quote:
The only aftermarket for the DC 3.5 is a civic intake and some throttlebody spacers. Anything else has to be custom made. Worst of all, the timming set-up is different, so the bottom end does not interchange with the 3.8. Add to that that the 3.8 is an iron block and the new 3.5 is aluminium (so your journals will be different), and you are better off having a custom crank made than trying to make the 3.8 work.
Never mentioned anything about swapping parts. I don't know enough about chrysler/mitsubishi to say that kind of stuff

Quote:
There is not much porting to do on these heads, although they could use a polish.
All head can be ported for more flow, period. And I'd love to see you polish the intake ports and see what happens to the fuel distribution/atomization and power production after they go back on Not a good idea..... wouldn't hurt on the exaust ports though as theres no fuel to stick to the smooth walls....

Seriously, take the 3.5L, talk to some aftermarket manufacturers and tell them what stroke crank you want, then have the custom pistons made with the piston pin moved for the added stroke, re-grind the stock cams, port the heads a little [not even nessacary but I'd do it at home myself] heck even mill them to up the compression a little more and you'd have a hell of a motor. Those 3.5L's are great motors when they aren't breaking down [which for me was 5 days out of the week for a couple months strait, I had a 96]

Old July 9th, 2004, 08:55 PM   #26

"It must be fun to be able to mix and match the parts of your cars "

^^quote button not working for me..

HELL YES!! thats the whole point of owning k-cars, they're the only way i can afford to have 3 running, significantly modded cars, and one other running car besides!! (the other three are free to keep since i dont drive them and some dont run, hahaha)

all i have to do is buy one set of upgrade parts for my best car, and the stuff that was already there cascades down to the next car and so on and so forth, so for like 70 bucks i can have brake upgrades for 3 cars, hahahaha. plus my dynasty pisses people with more expensive cars off in highway races, and it makes lots of ricers with tiny, more capable cars jealous at autocross.. and k-cars are DIRT CHEAP..

im a genious.

1993 Dodge Dynasty LE 3.3 Auto, K&N, pacifica wheels, shelby springs, welded rear axle, bigger front sway, kybs, 11.25" discs.
[email protected] stock with heavier wheels.
1996 Dodge Avenger ES, GSX brake upgrqade, driver.
1986 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible, 2.5 tbi auto, not stock, not fast.
1989 Dodge Aries LE, 2.5 auto.
some others..
Old July 25th, 2004, 08:36 PM   #27
another anoying nooooob

Send a message via AIM to driveway Send a message via Yahoo to driveway
whats up driveway the noob here. I just got a 92 duster with a 3.0 the car is a one owner in really good cond. it runs strong for what it is and I know nothing about these cars as far as mods that are on the market.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 4th, 2004, 01:06 AM   #28
Back to boost...

Send a message via AIM to nc00max
I too am a member of DI.net. The DI guys are more than welcome, though I'm sorry to say there won't be the degree of political discussions, nor will anyone believe Avenger when he posts. Nice to have a few more domestic V6's, even if some of y'all have Mitsu engines. I actually drive a 2.7L Strat every day. Government car, but much better than the 4-banger Alero I had to drive before. It's nice to not have to floor it to get up to cruising speed.

'00 Grand Prix GTP-my new canvas. [email protected] with FWI in 80* weather, now to start modding...
nc00max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 4th, 2004, 03:45 PM   #29

well, the mitsu motor found in the k-cars has enough differences that the only things that really relate between the dodge and mitsu platforms they came in are things like head porting and bottom end mods. so they're kinda dodgubishis.

update: the aries has been together and running for a while now, and im enjoying it. waiting to mod it yet, im leaving it stock and trying to ignore the huge pile of parts i have for it because its such a solid, quiet car at the moment that i hate to tear into it. im gonna get it insured and inspected pretty soon and use it for my commuting this fall semester.

the dynasty im enjoying, not much new except i picked up some used yoko s306's dirt cheap to pass inspection. the reverse clutch is suffering from delayed engagement because of a shriveled piston seal.. i just poured some crap in there today to see if it will swell the seals back up, but itll take a few days to tell if it worked...

Driveway, you have the ultimate n/a k-car for going fast there. do you have a 2 door or 4 door? a 4 door auto will run about a 16.2 and a 5 speed 2 door can run about a 15.5 stock. with a 5 speed its VERY EASY to get into the 14s. 3.0s are very responsive to cheap, simple mods, and i can tell you about ALL of them, lol.

as a start, go to cardomain.com/id/arkady (my cousins 3.0 dynasty, i built him a page for hilarity) and go to page 2 and read through the links. it will take you a while to absorb it all but its good info all in one place, about as good as you're gonna find, and assembled by yours truly lol.

i didnt cover any suspension stuff there because the suspension stuff is pretty universal between the k-cars and not specific to 3.0 cars. but if you're interested in that too i can tell you whatever you want to know.

if you need any more help past that pm me or hit me up on aim.

also, might want to check out the EEK forum on Allpar.com.

the 3.0/duster package is a great underdog performer thats super cheap and easy to mod and fun to drive, as i think you'll find out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in