whats up? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2003, 08:47 AM   #1
3.8 Liter V8 Eater

Send a message via AIM to 6G6N6
whats up?

whats up guys? just saw this was a V6 site and figured i should register since i have one of the most famed (or feared) v6's out there

i have an '87 GN that is making between 450-500RWHP and 550-600 rwtq... not too bad eh?

i dont have any times on the car right now, but hopfully when it starts to cool down i will be able to go to the track... i am hoping for mid 11's

right now the car dosent have a tranny in it, i am building a new tranny for the car... i always have to do things the hard way.. lol

peace out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PTE-44, 42.5lb/hr injectors, Alcohol Injecton, Oil and Boost Gauges, Scan Master, THDP w/ test pipe, Air bags, Boxed LCA's, cat-back exhaust, Power Plate, Warlbro 340 (hotwired), Adj. Fuel Pressure Regulator, 2800 stall

Its quick
6G6N6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 31st, 2003, 12:04 PM   #2
member: stroppy moo club

Send a message via ICQ to bored&stroked Send a message via AIM to bored&stroked
Sup dude? Awsome car. Only thing nicer for v6's IMO is a GNX. You building another 2004R?
98 GMC 1500- so low, so sweet. Daily driver #1.
06 CBR600F4i- freakin rocket ship. Daily #2.

Disclaimer- I can't spell correctly to save my life.
bored&stroked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 31st, 2003, 12:25 PM   #3
3.8 Liter V8 Eater

yeah, you dont want to know how many problems i have had with the trans in this car....

a shop tryed building the transmission last november, but they kept having troubles with it.. and they ended up throwing half the stuff in the transmission away that is turbo buick specific... which is also worth big bucks... i was pissed... really pissed to say the least

so i got another 200-4R and figured i would rebuild it my self and save some money and know that it was getting done right. well the transmission that i built had a bad case and leaked all over the place. i thought the leak was coming from around the pan, i replaced that 3 times, then i thought it was the driveshaft seal.. then it goes on and on.. when there was no sign of the leak, i was all excited and i was like, hey hey, alright, i am going go see how the bad boy is.. i drive it around, stop off at a local car show and i guess somewhere on my way there it springs the leak again.. i pull into a parking spot (not knowing about the leak yet) call a friend, go to leave, put the car in reverse, no reverse

i limp the car home, pull the transmission and look at all my damage.. i burnt all the clutches and direct drum and foward clutch had seized up... oh well

and my orgional trans that the shop tryed building last novemeber, i had pulled that one apart a couple days before, and the thing was completely shot... direct drum and foward clutch BEARLY worked.. (and i was wondernig why the thing was flairing soo badly..) and all the clutces looked like onion rings that fell into the grease and were left there for a couple hours then pulled out.. it wasnt pretty

so now, i am awaiting another rebuild kit to get here so i can rebuild my orgional transmission and have my car back on the road again. hopfully the kit gets here today, if it does i am going to pull an all nighter to get that transmission together and get the tranny in tomorrow.

i miss driving my car...

oh well

and the only thing, about the GNX motor over the regular GN motor is the turbo had cermaic impeller wheels to the GN's steel impellers. they had a better chip, which allowed them to run more boost. (a stock GN makes ~13psi where a GNX is at ~16) they had a slightly bigger intercooler. but other then that, the motor was the same, some people believe they had different heads, but this is untrue.

but what the GNX did have, is that kick ass suspesion... i got to drive/ride in a GNX. i didnt do this, i was too scared to break the guys car.. but he launched the car and the ass of the car when he powerbraked it rose like 8 inches.. no kidding... really an impressive thing....

PTE-44, 42.5lb/hr injectors, Alcohol Injecton, Oil and Boost Gauges, Scan Master, THDP w/ test pipe, Air bags, Boxed LCA's, cat-back exhaust, Power Plate, Warlbro 340 (hotwired), Adj. Fuel Pressure Regulator, 2800 stall

Its quick

Last edited by 6G6N6; October 31st, 2003 at 12:35 PM..

Old October 31st, 2003, 03:40 PM   #4
member: stroppy moo club

Send a message via ICQ to bored&stroked Send a message via AIM to bored&stroked
I just like how rare the GNX is, its like a speacial club once your in

I put a 2004R in my 79 c10 behind a 300hp 380lbs/ft small block. I bought a stage 2 unit from bowtie overdrives, supposed to take 450hp. So far so good, of course I don't beat on it at all
I highly doubt your going to get any 4sp auto to last behind your kind of power unless you go to a 4L80E. 500hp is usually the limit for built 700/200-r4 trannies. The 4L80E can take anything you got, and can be programed to shift exactly how you want, when you want, and as hard/soft as you want. Such a sweet tranny....of course its a really exspencive option but if you gota have a overdrive thats about all there is. O yeah you could build up a th350 or th400 [go with the 350, the 400 in built form will only take a little more power while robbing a lot more] and put a gear vendors overdrive behind it. Thats even more bulletproof then the 4L80E but also more exspencive probably and not as customizable.

Dam see what happens when I get going with domestics? I can't stop
98 GMC 1500- so low, so sweet. Daily driver #1.
06 CBR600F4i- freakin rocket ship. Daily #2.

Disclaimer- I can't spell correctly to save my life.
bored&stroked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 31st, 2003, 04:01 PM   #5
3.8 Liter V8 Eater

a lot of people in the turbo buick community use the 200-4R, if you build it right, it can hold up to 9 second passes... i know a couple who have done it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in