S4 supercharger? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2003, 10:06 AM   #1
Resident PGA Pro

Send a message via AIM to 02AccordV6
S4 supercharger?

Is it possible to supercharge an s4? Does anyone know of any availible or would it be a DIY? My bro has a 2000 s4 with a lot already done to it(30K) and he really wants to supercharge it to make up for turbo lag. I have seen some lambos with dual turbos and dual superchargers and I thought that was sweet. Money is not an object. All input is greatly appreciated!!!
Freedom Design Strut Bar Polished
5% tint
Kenwood 800w 2channel Amp
2 10" Rockford Power Punch Subs
Precision Power PCX-440 Amp
Infiniti Kappa Perfect 6.5 Components

ANTI NATO
02AccordV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 26th, 2003, 11:54 AM   #2
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Well if money isn't an object then anything is possible . I am guessing it would have to be all done as a custom job.

And who's S4 is it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 26th, 2003, 12:28 PM   #3
InDoThuG

Send a message via AIM to NocturnalCoupe
old s4 can for sure...but the new one i dunno because its big 8
NocturnalCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old December 26th, 2003, 01:48 PM   #4
Resident PGA Pro

Send a message via AIM to 02AccordV6
its my brothers s4. its a 2000 with the 2.7T engine. He already upgraded to the rs4 turbos and rs4 intercoolers and did a bunch of other stuff(in another post somewhere). He wants to get to around 600whp and i thought this was another step he could take without adding nos. he is pushing somewhere around 450 - 470 whp right now and he says its not enough(i wish i had that problem). Any ways we drove it to vegas for sema and its incredible. Thanks again guys!
02AccordV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2004, 06:27 PM   #5
I guess I did...

Yeah, I'd check with people who do VW work. They're pretty much the same cars (and engines), so a good VW tuner should be able to help.
WhoNeedsAnM3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2004, 06:54 PM   #6
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

The best way to combat lag on larger laggier higher peak horsepower turbos is with nitrous. Adding an S/C is probably just going to add a lot of parasitics and make the peak horsepower goal even more difficult to reach.
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2004, 10:02 AM   #7

weird....how do put an SC on a car that already has 2 turbos?
3.5Max6spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2004, 10:42 AM   #8
8th World Wonder

it would be a weird application with the dual turbos and almost impossible to fabricate something that could feed the air from the subercharger into each bank of turbos.
GotVtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2004, 08:00 AM   #9
I guess I did...

yeah, but if you are going to try for really high hp, you probably would be swapping out the twin turbos for one large one with a much higher pressure rating. That's how the Supra's tend to work, for example.
Old February 10th, 2004, 02:28 PM   #10
V6P wandering idiot

Send a message via AIM to chrisnick Send a message via Skype™ to chrisnick
hmmm seeing your need for a high-hp application, i'd say do a sequential twin turbo setup. one big one, one smaller one. *PSSSSSSSSSSHHH*

'97 Accord LX Coupe 5MT autocross and DD beater
chrisnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2004, 02:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisnick
hmmm seeing your need for a high-hp application, i'd say do a sequential twin turbo setup. one big one, one smaller one. *PSSSSSSSSSSHHH*
that makes more sense rather than a large single turbo application.....the smaller turbo spools up quicker to deliver boost down low....where an AWD (because of weight) would benefit fro it most

...remeber the concept behind the S4 was that 2 small turbos spool up quicker and create boost more efficiently than a large single turbo (parasitic lag)
3.5Max6spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2004, 03:20 PM   #12
I guess I did...

Actually, depending on how the car will be driven, an AWD can beneift from a single large turbo, since it can start from a much higher rev level than a RWD. If the ambition is just to go fast in a straight line there is no real reason for an AWD to worry about low end power, since it will never see less than 4000 RPM's.

Now, if the goal is a real sports car (one than can turn...), one tends to want a slightly more even power distribution. It is possible to carry high RPM's through turns, but not as high as would be prefereable for a single high boost turbo.

Like I said, it's a function of the final goal for the car. S4's, like BMW M3's, are designed for general highspeed driving, tracks, and the like. A 600hp+ car is more often in tended as really more of a drag-race type vehicle (0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile, etc), so I figured the ambition was just more top end power..
Old February 11th, 2004, 03:53 PM   #13
V6P wandering idiot

Send a message via AIM to chrisnick Send a message via Skype™ to chrisnick
hey not to get OT, but is it possible to swap the euro E36 M3 motor into the E34 w/ an M50?

'97 Accord LX Coupe 5MT autocross and DD beater
chrisnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2004, 07:13 PM   #14
I guess I did...

What year and model of E34? Irregardless it would be possible, but probably not desirable. The Euro M3 motor is alright, but it would have to be the 92-95 (OBD 1) 3.0l, and that's really not worth it. The 540's engine is actually a more capable design if one really wants to get power (same HP, more torque). For that matter, I have almost the same performance out of my US spec motor (except for slower throttle response due to the lack of independant throttle bodies).

The one good thing is that BMW engine swaps (at least for OBD 1) are actually quite easy, although a transmission change may also be in order.

If you are interested in talking more about this, let me know, and I'll set up a different thread.

Oh, nice Bun-Bun...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in