93 Sho - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2004, 05:48 PM   #1
M62B44tu powaH!

93 Sho

automatic
white
black leather
all options

Noticable rip in drivers leather seat otherwise interior in prestine condition. Exterior needs slight reconditioning. The engine has 152,XXX miles on it and has been treated well. Its my friend who inlisted in the Navy and is selling it for $1,600.

Anyone have any useful links to see specs or read about the car?
Max on This is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 3rd, 2004, 10:38 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Vigo
honestly, that sounds like a good deal, as long as the engine is in good condition. i would ask to make sure if he replaced the timing chain/belt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 Dodge Dynasty LE 3.3 Auto, K&N, pacifica wheels, shelby springs, welded rear axle, bigger front sway, kybs, 11.25" discs.
[email protected] stock with heavier wheels.
1996 Dodge Avenger ES, GSX brake upgrqade, driver.
1986 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible, 2.5 tbi auto, not stock, not fast.
1989 Dodge Aries LE, 2.5 auto.
some others..
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2004, 08:04 PM   #3
member: stroppy moo club

Send a message via ICQ to bored&stroked Send a message via AIM to bored&stroked
Fair price. drop in a new engine or better yet rebuild that one better and you'll have yourself a great car.
98 GMC 1500- so low, so sweet. Daily driver #1.
06 CBR600F4i- freakin rocket ship. Daily #2.

Disclaimer- I can't spell correctly to save my life.
bored&stroked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 7th, 2004, 04:48 PM   #4
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Check out this site, it has some good info on the SHO including the history, specs, and even dyno results:

http://www.shotimes.com/php-bin/modu...catid=&topic=5
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 1st, 2004, 03:08 PM   #5
M62B44tu powaH!

I test drove the car today. Actually, the body is in excellent condition, it only has a slight stratch on the rear bumper. The sunroof shade needs to be refinished, but thats ok since I always leave the cover on. The CD player works, but it doesn't spit out CD's once you stick one in which isn't a problem since any ford CD player from that time would work (about $30). He has one JBL amp bypassed (the one to the center rear deck sub) but I have an MTX 280watt amp that would fit perfectly in there The stereo still sounds great without the help of the sub since its the main speakers have their own dedicated JBL amp. Under hood, those intake runners are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Man on Man, these are a sight to be seen. longer and wider than the engine block itself and just looks like a high flowing beast.

According to the SHO sights, the engine makes its peak TQ at 2,800rpms (192TQ) in the long runners and 4,800rpms in the short runners (183TQ) in the 3.0 Manual versions. The Auto's are suppost to make 20 more TQ at a lower RPM, but its offset by a sloppy TC. And it feels like it ..... The car GOES and at 150K miles, it feels as strong as my Maxima with a Y-pipe. At 3,950rpm, thats where the magic begins as the short runners open up, the engine note becomes deeper and throatier (VERY noticable) and the pull past 6K is something that the Accord lacks. WOW, I'm definately going to buy this car
Old June 1st, 2004, 03:25 PM   #6
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Cool

Sucks that Yamaha made the engine and not Ford haha . The 96 V8 model sounds like a Mustang GT .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 1st, 2004, 06:11 PM   #7
M62B44tu powaH!

V8 SHO's=broken cam sprockets which in turn can lead to over a $15,XXX repair bill But they do sound nice.
Old June 1st, 2004, 08:35 PM   #8
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Quote:
Originally posted by Max on This on June 1st, 2004 at 05:08 PM

Under hood, those intake runners are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Man on Man, these are a sight to be seen. longer and wider than the engine block itself and just looks like a high flowing beast.
Yea the intake manifold is beautiful, isn't it? It's too bad they won't fit on a J30A1

Quote:
According to the SHO sights, the engine makes its peak TQ at 2,800rpms (192TQ) in the long runners and 4,800rpms in the short runners (183TQ) in the 3.0 Manual versions. The Auto's are suppost to make 20 more TQ at a lower RPM, but its offset by a sloppy TC. And it feels like it ..... The car GOES and at 150K miles, it feels as strong as my Maxima with a Y-pipe. At 3,950rpm, thats where the magic begins as the short runners open up, the engine note becomes deeper and throatier (VERY noticable) and the pull past 6K is something that the Accord lacks. WOW, I'm definately going to buy this car
The 92+ SHOs had a 3.2L making the same 220HP as the previous 3.0L, but more torque (215TQ vs. 200TQ 3.0L). CarTest says the '92-'95 AT version should run about a [email protected], depending on the launch, traction and conditions at the track.

Are you selling the AV6? Or are you going to have both cars?
Old June 3rd, 2004, 12:51 AM   #9
M62B44tu powaH!

I'm going to keep both. The SHO will be the daily driver to and from work and I'll garage the AV6 for afterwards and repair and keep up maintenance on it..

AV6 needs:
-Transmission flush
-Cooling system flush
-Valve adjustment (BADLY, there is now a slight clacking noise)
Old June 3rd, 2004, 01:22 AM   #10
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Cool

I kinda want an SHO now, it seems like a good car to have and fix up
Old June 10th, 2004, 09:57 PM   #11
M62B44tu powaH!

The engine is wonderful, the car built around it is pure 1980's (no surprise there) There is tons of body and chassis-flex I was suprised, it felt like I was driving a like year Cavalier with more power, a like year Accord/Camry/Maxima feel much more solid, more planted, and better built down to the last bolt. I'm still buying it for the price though , it'll make a wonderful daily driver.
Old June 12th, 2004, 01:12 AM   #12
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

It'll be a pretty good "beater", IMO

I thought that generation of Taurus was pretty solid? I guess the fact that the platform dates back to '86 has something to do with it. I still can't imagine it being much worse than my AV6. My AV6 creaks and groans every time I back out of my driveway and it only has 7,000 miles. I guess the rear-end collision I had a year ago weakened the car quite a bit
Old June 13th, 2004, 10:01 PM   #13
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Quote:
Originally posted by Max on This on June 10th, 2004 at 11:57 PM

I'm still buying it for the price though , it'll make a wonderful daily driver.
Enjoy it

Quote:
Originally posted by TH23 on June 12th, 2004 at 03:12 AM

I still can't imagine it being much worse than my AV6. My AV6 creaks and groans every time I back out of my driveway and it only has 7,000 miles. I guess the rear-end collision I had a year ago weakened the car quite a bit
I have had a few rattles in my car but it has never creaked or groaned. Sounds like that accident weakened your car .

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in