Pontiac G6 GT - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2004, 12:54 PM   #1
OHV
GM Junkie

Pontiac G6 GT

the GT model uses the same 3.5L as in the chevy Malibu, [email protected], 220 lb-ft torque @ 3200rpm.

the base G6 uses 3.05 axle ratio and the GT uses 3.29

now im wondering just how much faster the GT will be, it uses the same automatic as the Malibu i think...
OHV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 26th, 2004, 08:29 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Vigo
itll probly run 15.3... decent but nothing special.

a malibu runs 15.6 or so so figure a handful of tenths for gearing..
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 26th, 2004, 08:41 PM   #3
BOOOJAWA!

Send a message via AIM to AccordiO
Oprah gave away like 220+ brand new of these.

nice eh?
AccordiO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 27th, 2004, 08:54 AM   #4
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

^ Yea I wish I was in her audience that day.

These are the numbers I got for the G6 in CarTest:

G6 V6 - [email protected] 2.35 60' time
G6 GT - [email protected] 2.34 60' time

The difference will probably be a little bit greater in the real world since the GT comes with wider, grippier tires for better traction. The GT traps lower than the base model because of the shorter gearing. Whereas the base model can finish the quarter-mile in 2nd gear, the GT has to upshift to 3rd before the finish line, which slows it down a little.
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 28th, 2004, 12:49 AM   #5
Imported GM Knowledge

Send a message via AIM to KittATL Send a message via Yahoo to KittATL
Ill just wait till the GTP or GXP versions and have fun with those 6-speed torque engines
KittATL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 28th, 2004, 03:50 PM   #6

yeh 6 speed and 3.9 will be a BIG help on those cars..

also, cartest is nice (how do i get it btw??) but ive already seen that the malibus can run faster than 15.77 stock.. but weight differences in the g6 and the malibu i have no idea.
Old September 28th, 2004, 04:07 PM   #7
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Old thread on this:

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...hlight=Pontiac

IMO, much more appealing compared to the Malibu which looks a lot like a Saturn L series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordiO
Oprah gave away like 220+ brand new of these.

nice eh?

Why didn't she give me one?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 28th, 2004, 04:09 PM   #8
Boosted!

Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
yea my parents were watching oprah that day and i saw u get a car u get a car lucky audienc
ComptechV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 29th, 2004, 04:11 PM   #9

yeh but did you hear what ELSE happened??? oprah picked every single one of those people because they didnt have a car, needed one, and couldnt afford one, right???

so the IRS comes in and says well why dont we just tax these people who couldnt afford to buy a car in the first place 7000 bucks for getting a nice gift!! no joke, the IRS are a bunch of ****heads. i still havent heard how its gonna be handled but i mean comeon, fining a bunch of poor people 7000 dollars a piece because they got a lucky break is ****ING STUPID AND ASSININE.

i heard another line recently that comes to mind:
' thats like giving the death sentence to attempted suicides!'
Old September 29th, 2004, 04:33 PM   #10
Imported GM Knowledge

www.fairtax.org

THE solution.
Old September 29th, 2004, 05:48 PM   #11
OHV
GM Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittATL
www.fairtax.org

THE solution.

wow thatd be a headache... having to keep all those bills... whewwww

but that 7k is a ripoff... however... they could just pull a 7k loan, sell the car for some nice $$ (they are kinda hard to find now...) and pay off said loan and still make out with 10K or so....

or, they could take out a long loan on 7k and that could be their "car payment"

there are a bunch of ways it can work for these people.
Old September 29th, 2004, 08:58 PM   #12

if you dont have enough money to buy ANY car you are unlikely to get ANY loan imo unless its at like 40%.

i dont like the fairtax solution, im more for an income tax as a straight percentage of income with no exceptions, exactly the same system for ALL business, and doing 90% of the enforcement where it matters: rich people who would cheat the government out of millions with the creative ways in which they amass money.

and frankly the IRS spending even 10% of its time trying to screw people like oprahs poor audience is too much, imo.
Old September 30th, 2004, 12:10 AM   #13
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo
yeh but did you hear what ELSE happened??? oprah picked every single one of those people because they didnt have a car, needed one, and couldnt afford one, right???

so the IRS comes in and says well why dont we just tax these people who couldnt afford to buy a car in the first place 7000 bucks for getting a nice gift!! no joke, the IRS are a bunch of ****heads. i still havent heard how its gonna be handled but i mean comeon, fining a bunch of poor people 7000 dollars a piece because they got a lucky break is ****ING STUPID AND ASSININE.

i heard another line recently that comes to mind:
' thats like giving the death sentence to attempted suicides!'
Thats messed up .

Old September 30th, 2004, 12:49 PM   #14
Your V12, My V-twin.

Send a message via AIM to JonHsiung
it is. wow. i knew it would happen but there's something terribly wrong about taxing poor people $7000 for a car like that.

JonHsiung is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 30th, 2004, 03:51 PM   #15

car = capital gain... It's not really any different than winning the lottery, interest in your bank account, or making money in the stock market. The IRS is not singling them out. If I couldn't afford the tax bill, I'd just sell the car, pay the taxes, & pocket the rest. I would still have more than I started with. What they should have done was give those people a bunch of cash on top to cover the taxes so they could keep the cars.

A consumption tax or sales tax (www.fairtax.org) is good if you're rich, bad if you're poor, it's not like they change the price of bread, milk, etc. depending on your income, so it ends up that poor people pay more as a percentage of their income than a rich person would = a regressive tax. Those people who are just above the (artifically set) poverty line are simply screwed.

1992 AG Integra GS-R&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Last edited by cforez; September 30th, 2004 at 04:20 PM..
cforez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 30th, 2004, 06:23 PM   #16
Your V12, My V-twin.

Send a message via AIM to JonHsiung
^yup. that's why i said i knew it was gonna happen...

i think oprah will cover it if she's nice enough to buy them cars. she's a nice lady. (the cars were probably also somewhat-donated at discount by GM)

JonHsiung is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 30th, 2004, 07:58 PM   #17
Imported GM Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by cforez

A consumption tax or sales tax (www.fairtax.org) is good if you're rich, bad if you're poor, it's not like they change the price of bread, milk, etc. depending on your income, so it ends up that poor people pay more as a percentage of their income than a rich person would = a regressive tax. Those people who are just above the (artifically set) poverty line are simply screwed.
Read the fairtax plan further and you'll see that no one considered "poor" would net any tax since everyone will get a rebate on all taxes on necessities up to the poverty level.

And embedded taxes will no longer exist. Companies take thier taxes and consider it a cost to goods and services they provide. With the average embedded tax being 20-25% of the price(harvard study on fairtax.org site), competitive pressure will bring the prices down that the taxes used to justify.

Plus you get to keep your whole paycheck from federal witholding. No federal taxes, no FICA, no medicare, etc will be withheld from your check. You will no longer have to report to the IRS each April and neither will your place of employment b/c there would no longer be an IRS to report to.

Thats enough for now but i suggest we stay on the G6 topic. If ya want to continue our discussion lets just make a new thread in this section.

(Atleast its better than the crappy debates going on right now)
Old September 30th, 2004, 08:00 PM   #18
Imported GM Knowledge

Anyways.....

Im planning on atleast getting the GTP (prob coupe) a year after it comes out. I kinda have a thing where i try not to buy the first year model of anything.
Old September 30th, 2004, 09:28 PM   #19
OHV
GM Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonHsiung
^yup. that's why i said i knew it was gonna happen...

i think oprah will cover it if she's nice enough to buy them cars. she's a nice lady. (the cars were probably also somewhat-donated at discount by GM)
Yeah actually pontiac Paid for everyhing but the $7K tax, and really its not their responsibility to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittATL
Anyways.....

Im planning on atleast getting the GTP (prob coupe) a year after it comes out. I kinda have a thing where i try not to buy the first year model of anything.
hum by the year after it might have the 3.9L VVT DoD 3v engine thats rumored to pump out 270hp...
Old October 1st, 2004, 01:51 AM   #20
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHV
hum by the year after it might have the 3.9L VVT DoD 3v engine thats rumored to pump out 270hp...
A 3.6L version of that engine comes in the CX5 trim of the new Buick LaCrosse:

The first of a new family of V6 engines to go into production, the LaCrosse CSX 3.6-liter VVT DOHC V6 engine is one of GM's most advanced. Featuring fully variable valve timing for both intake and exhaust, this impressive power plant reduces emissions while providing outstanding fuel economy. (EPA estimated mpg 19 city, 28 hwy.) Variable valve timing also enables this engine to deliver an impressive 240 hp and 225 lb-ft of torque.

I doubt a 3.9L version with DoD would come on the G6 and not the LaCrosse. If anything, the LaCrosse would get the 3.9L version with DoD while the G6 gets the 3.6L version.

Old October 1st, 2004, 10:11 AM   #21
Imported GM Knowledge

The engineers on the pontiac-g6 boards have said the 3.9L v6 will be in the g6 but havent confirmed the DoD part yet since thats a little farther off.
Old October 1st, 2004, 03:50 PM   #22
OHV
GM Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumaccordcoupe
A 3.6L version of that engine comes in the CX5 trim of the new Buick LaCrosse:
I doubt a 3.9L version with DoD would come on the G6 and not the LaCrosse. If anything, the LaCrosse would get the 3.9L version with DoD while the G6 gets the 3.6L version.
The 3.6L is a DOHC engine its newest cousin is the 2.8L 210hp that is now the base engine of the CTS, the 3.9L VVT is a 60* Pushrod engine.

theyve stated that the G6 would be the first to recieve the 3.9L and by the time the 2006 Impala rolls out the 3.9L is supposed to have DoD, the 5.3L V8 will be recieving it too.

at somepoint i suppose all GM Pushrods will recieve VVT and 3v tech... i duno tho..

aaannyyywaayyyss PM claimed that a CGI they had was of a 2005 buick Regal, of course it isnt... but it does look like the G6 coupe....

Old October 2nd, 2004, 03:06 AM   #23
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHV
The 3.6L is a DOHC engine its newest cousin is the 2.8L 210hp that is now the base engine of the CTS, the 3.9L VVT is a 60* Pushrod engine.

theyve stated that the G6 would be the first to recieve the 3.9L and by the time the 2006 Impala rolls out the 3.9L is supposed to have DoD, the 5.3L V8 will be recieving it too.

at somepoint i suppose all GM Pushrods will recieve VVT and 3v tech... i duno tho..

Old October 3rd, 2004, 10:09 AM   #24
Imported GM Knowledge

Nothing in concrete about the 3-valves from the Engineers or press releases on the pontiac-g6 boards but the VVT and DoD are confirmed.

GM Press Release
Old October 4th, 2004, 12:01 AM   #25
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Saw the commercial for the G6 yesterday. Not bad

Old October 4th, 2004, 09:04 AM   #26
Imported GM Knowledge

I thought rearranging most of the letters of "Pontiac" to read "Action" was a good use of word play to draw attention and exclimate a point.

i never really cared for sunroofs but i like the design of the new one. Just that much area less to wax a few times a year lol. Plus its prob included with the trim level im looking for anyways.

I wonder how Pontiac is going to advertise the GTP model when the time comes.
Old October 4th, 2004, 12:13 PM   #27

I saw a test mule G6 out in Montana. I took some pics of it. I'll post them later when I get home. I liked the look of it to some extent, but the rear end reminded me of a Neon. Yuck.
DaveDB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 4th, 2004, 02:38 PM   #28
Just a Regular Member now

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
That CGI almost looks like a 6th Gen AV6.

Dizzy
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 4th, 2004, 05:27 PM   #29
OHV
GM Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
That CGI almost looks like a 6th Gen AV6.

Dizzy
AV6 was a good lookin coupe...

but from the blurred pics ive seen of the G6 coupe and convert (on GM media news or whatever its called about 6 months ago...) its a lil more rounded than the AV6 and very nice lookin.... i think the rear clip is going to be different too...
Old October 4th, 2004, 05:38 PM   #30

Hmmm. I had more than one image of this thing. Maybe it's on another memory card. Anyway, here's the back. Looks kinda "Neony" to me.

I like it from other angles, though.

http://www.v6performance.net/gallery...3856g6back.jpg
DaveDB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in