Ok, I'm almost done... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2004, 07:43 PM   #1
Back to boost...

Send a message via AIM to nc00max
Ok, I'm almost done...

After changing my mind a dozen or so times, and actually having 2 different cams and getting rid of both, I ordered a cam today, which should be pretty much my final mod except maybe an LSD. I gave a friend one of the other cams I had, and he's going to hook me up on the install and do most of it for me. So, the hard part is out of the way, and the car goes under the knife the week after X-mas. The more I think about it, the more I can't wait, I feel like a little kid at X-mas time. Anyways, I'm getting a relatively aggressive cam, and it dynos gains of about 35-50whp dependent on mod levels. Seeing as how I'm intercooled and have the rest of my valvetrain upgraded, I should in theory see close to the top end of that. I'll lose a little bit of low end, but the top end should feel insane now, and there's still plenty of low-end to get me to 4k rpms in time, which is where the cam starts to shine hardcore, all the way to redline. I'm upgrading the injectors and I'll have to retune it a bit, but that's ok, I'm going to want to throw it on a dyno afterwards anyways.

Hopefully I can get a visit to the track in beforehand. I ran a friend of mine with similar mods that ran a 1[email protected] and walked away from him on a 60mph roll, so with luck and a good launch, mid 12's shouldn't be out of the question by any means, and I should have some killer traps to match. After this, I should be done, minus when it comes time to repair the tranny. I don't think I'll do much more till I pick up another daily driver, but the car should be good enough for a while.

'00 Grand Prix GTP-my new canvas. [email protected] with FWI in 80* weather, now to start modding...
nc00max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in