Mitsubishi woes continue - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2005, 05:02 PM   #1
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Mitsubishi woes continue

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101542

Lots of execs jumping ship apparently.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 5th, 2005, 05:17 PM   #2
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
and this is for those who told me, at a particualr meet here in so cal, that mitsu could survive on EVO sales alone. hopefully you were just drunk when you said that and didn't know any better. you know who you are.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 5th, 2005, 05:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeeder
and this is for those who told me, at a particualr meet here in so cal, that mitsu could survive on EVO sales alone.

Bread-n-butter like the Accord and Camry are what keep companies afloat. You can't survive on high-margin low-volume niche cars like the EVO unless you're Porsche or some other extreme high-end brand and have the name to get away with charging crazy high prices. Mitsu doesn't have crap.

Old January 5th, 2005, 05:41 PM   #4
BULLPOO

not even that, the profit margin for dealers on the EVO is a bit different of that of a Porsche. there is only a couple grand there for a dealership. with a only a couple grand, i would give the preverbial finger to corporate and start selling other brand names.
Old January 5th, 2005, 05:46 PM   #5

I know why Mitsubishi is in so much trouble. Have you seen those new commercials about them claiming to have the "best backed cars" in the industry with the long warranties and free maintenance? They illustrate it by having solid walls of Mitsu techs in red jump suits lining the roads as the cars drive around.

Oh MY! The overhead costs of that must be huge!
Old January 5th, 2005, 06:12 PM   #6
BULLPOO

lol...

i wish i had someone to check my tire pressure everytime i stoped at a red light.
Old January 5th, 2005, 06:44 PM   #7
import tuner and rn

they need to bring back turbo eclipe , gst , gsx , which would be more affordable than evo, that might boost sales
eolife22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 5th, 2005, 06:58 PM   #8
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeeder
and this is for those who told me, at a particualr meet here in so cal, that mitsu could survive on EVO sales alone. hopefully you were just drunk when you said that and didn't know any better. you know who you are.
i doubt its me.. is it?
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 5th, 2005, 08:04 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to nycsam786
that really sucks for mitsu
nycsam786 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 5th, 2005, 08:41 PM   #10
BULLPOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by brex
i doubt its me.. is it?

lol...no not you andy
Old January 5th, 2005, 10:09 PM   #11
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC
I know why Mitsubishi is in so much trouble. Have you seen those new commercials about them claiming to have the "best backed cars" in the industry with the long warranties and free maintenance? They illustrate it by having solid walls of Mitsu techs in red jump suits lining the roads as the cars drive around.

Yea, those Mitsu commercials make it seem as if their cars really do need the long warranties
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 9th, 2005, 09:42 PM   #12
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Quote:

It seems like they are using every tactic in the book to stay alive. But with slow sales, how much longer can they last like this? Anyone think a company like Daimler Chrysler would bail them out?

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 24th, 2005, 03:28 PM   #13
OG from waaay back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumaccordcoupe
Anyone think a company like Daimler Chrysler would bail them out?
Oh no - no more crank walk!!!

Surprised Ford hasn't been their savior. Its seems like they want to buy all the failing companies up. Risky if you ask me.
G.J. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 24th, 2005, 04:01 PM   #14
Living in Japan sucks.

Send a message via AIM to Tignws
man i was so close to buying a evo mr this Saturday, hats funny is that the guy who was selling me the car was outright lying about the current state of Mitsubishi, and how great it was doing. The new mr is nice though I test drove it and all I can say is wow,and the ride wasn’t bad either felt almost as nice as the accord
Tignws is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 28th, 2005, 12:02 PM   #15

well they cant be as bad as gm and ford, where the execs are sitting still while their stocks plummeted to junk status.

Mitsubishi just cant make it here in the states but they arent doing bad in asian countries.
vinz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 25th, 2005, 03:02 PM   #16

Quote:

That's why it takes me so long to get my car serviced. That many techs cant decide what to do first. It reminds me of congress. It is scary, and I wonder if I'll ever get my 10 year warranty, but I'm not going to keep the car that long. There's just too many better cars out there.
03 stinkyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2005, 04:55 PM   #17
Korean Kimchee Member

Send a message via AIM to MaDDaWg1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 stinkyaccord
That's why it takes me so long to get my car serviced. That many techs cant decide what to do first. It reminds me of congress. It is scary, and I wonder if I'll ever get my 10 year warranty, but I'm not going to keep the car that long. There's just too many better cars out there.

haha i wonder if the company even has 10 years left.
MaDDaWg1018 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in