2006 Impala - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2005, 11:13 PM   #1
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
2006 Impala

2006 Impala (Impala SS Preproduction Model Shown):

http://www.chevrolet.com/impala06/

Main features:

New 3.9L V6 Engine

Impala LTZ models feature a new standard 3.9L V6 engine with variable valve timing. This engine delivers high horsepower and tremendous low-end torque for quick acceleration, merging and passing.

New 5.3L Small Block V8 Engine

The legendary small block V8 returns in Impala SS. This V8 features electronic throttle control and new Displacement on Demand (DOD) technology that seamlessly deactivates four cylinders when V8 power is not needed—such as cruising on level roads — for greater fuel economy.(1) The 5.3L small block V8 delivers 303 hp and 323 lb.-ft. of torque.

1 Estimated MPG 17 city, 27 hwy. Fuel economy estimates based on GM testing. Official EPA estimates not yet available.

Remote Vehicle Starter System

Impala LT, LTZ and SS models feature a standard, factory-installed remote vehicle starter system, which operates from up to 200 feet away. With the touch of a button on the remote key fob, you can conveniently start the engine. Now you can warm up your car on winter mornings or cool it down on summer days.

ABS, Electronic Traction Control and Tire Pressure Monitor

The four-wheel disc brakes feature an all-new front and improved rear brake design. Along with the antilock brake system (ABS), an Electronic Brake Force Distribution feature helps prevent the rear wheels from locking and optimizes braking under varying loads, traction or braking speeds. Also included are:
• All-speed Electronic Traction Control that helps maintain traction by reducing wheel spin on most slippery surfaces.
• A Tire Pressure Monitor that measures the pressure in each individual tire and displays this information in the Driver Information Center. If any tire is low, the system will warn the driver which tire needs additional air pressure.

Four-Wheel Independent Suspension

On all Impala models, the four-wheel independent suspension uses new four-stage valving along with gas-charged, twin-tube dampers to provide improved ride comfort and smoothness. Plus, taller jounce bumpers are better able to absorb severe impacts by limiting suspension travel. This better isolates passengers inside the vehicle from impact harshness. SS models feature stiffer spring rates, a new, larger 34mm front stabilizer bar/18mm solid rear stabilizer bar and 18-inch W-speed-rated Performance tires for crisp handling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 9th, 2005, 11:22 PM   #2
OHV
GM Junkie

not bad for an ancient platform like the W body eh?

this wont be around for too long supposedly until a new platform replaces it.

the torque steer was controlled in the Seville and Deville with their 300hp Northstars so i doubt torque steer will be an issue.
OHV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2005, 02:24 PM   #3

Thanks for the info, Plum.

I hate to say it, but--garsh!--that car is U G L Y! I find the current Impala (which is a disgrace) to be much more attractive.
DaveDB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 10th, 2005, 02:26 PM   #4

BTW, it's so cool to see the domestic market putting out all these V8s again. The number of cars with available V8s is way up for '05 - '06.
Old January 10th, 2005, 04:28 PM   #5
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
to FWD to the 5.3 and to the new rwd zeta platform we are suppose to see in 2007.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2005, 05:58 PM   #6
I love you Cat...forever

Send a message via AIM to KCMC582
a FWD V8? thats rediculous. if chrysler can sell a TON of RWD Hemis and Magnums, then the impala can become a RWD. even Cadillac is getting away from the RWD V8s. thats just rediculous for a FWD car. i mean, can anyone even think of another FWD V8?
KCMC582 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2005, 06:16 PM   #7
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Yes, build MORE FWD V8's!

Not everybody wants RWD, and unlike the Japanese, Americans (and especially GM) actually know how to build high powered FWD cars without much torque steer. And personally, I think the new Impala looks pretty sweet. I didn't realize this either, but there's an Impala SS now (current model) with the S/C'ed 3.8L V6 also. Last I knew it was just the base 3.4L and the optional 3.8L N/A. Mo powah!

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2005, 06:36 PM   #8
M62B44tu powaH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHV
not bad for an ancient platform like the W body eh?

this wont be around for too long supposedly until a new platform replaces it.

the torque steer was controlled in the Seville and Deville with their 300hp Northstars so i doubt torque steer will be an issue.

IIRC the Seville and Deville used a G-body platform which is also used for the Bonneville, Park Avenue, Aurora. The W-body is GM's mid-priced platform that spawns the Grand Prix, Impalla, Regal, Century, Intrigue, Lesabre Lacrosse.

GM better have some tricks to control TQ steer on a LS-1 based engine. I'm sure a 6.0L version will be swapped by devoted owners. Rumors says the Grand Prix will get the V8 engine also in a couple years (GPX model). The W-body is a versatile platform with AWD being an easy add-on (GPX show car back in 1995) By the sounds of things, it seems as though GM is phasing out the L67's but keeping the L37's around for value-minded customers.
Max on This is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2005, 06:44 PM   #9
BULLPOO

once the new gm platform rolls around, we'll see a ton of cars switching over to RWD. and don't worry steve, i'm sure GM will keep around some FWD cars for people that need the safty of understeer like your ancient ass.
Old January 10th, 2005, 06:46 PM   #10
I love you Cat...forever

your right, not everyone wants RWD...but if the germans can make cars that are only RWD and people buy them, then im sure the americans can do it too. the last gen impala ss (94-96) was a powerful RWD monster. if you didnt want something like that, then you bought a Caprice. the impala "SS" now looks like its poised to sit in the wal mart parking lot with the Ford 500. not be a sleeper, not be something to turn your head and say DAMN! just another sedan for people to buy who wants something bigger and more powerful than a saturn.

but come on, this:

or this:

Last edited by KCMC582; January 10th, 2005 at 06:50 PM..
Old January 10th, 2005, 06:54 PM   #11
BULLPOO

hmmmm...

even though the 2nd is 10yrs older, i'd still take it over the newer. without even thinking twice.

i'm sure Mary Kay will buy up a few of these (v6 version of course), paint them pink and give them to a few of their top "sales ladies". heehee.
Old January 11th, 2005, 09:52 AM   #12

The 2006 version looks like a mixture of a Honda Civic and a Chevy Malibu. Maybe I just need to see it from a better angle.
Old January 11th, 2005, 09:57 AM   #13
U a Ryder Or a Hater?

Send a message via AIM to 04rydah
i would love to have a 94-96 impala SS ... with 22's cuz 20 look like 18s on that car

something like this maybe but not black ...

04rydah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 11th, 2005, 11:24 AM   #14
BULLPOO

^ not my style, i'm thinking more along the lines of 19's (deep dish in the rear for 12inch wide rubber), 4:11 gearing, stroked to 383ci, pistons, rods, crank, lopey cam, upgraded roller rockers, port and polished, upgrade the old ecu and ignition system obviously, and a pro-charger.
Old January 11th, 2005, 11:46 AM   #15
I love you Cat...forever

i dont like when they bling the impalas out to make them look like that. the one i posted is much more my style. very subtle, but a monster. a sleeper either way, the new one looks like a fat Malibu.
Old January 11th, 2005, 12:11 PM   #16
M62B44tu powaH!

The sweeping rear profile of the 06 Impalla looks like a Nissan Fuga/M35-45. I like it
Max on This is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 11th, 2005, 12:15 PM   #17
VIVA POLONIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDB
Thanks for the info, Plum.

I hate to say it, but--garsh!--that car is U G L Y! I find the current Impala (which is a disgrace) to be much more attractive.

Strongly agree. I like rims tho, I think they are alright. This car would be great if was relased in 2000 !
figi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 31st, 2005, 06:30 PM   #18
Abnormal User

Send a message via AIM to Dukeboy57
The only thing I don't like about the 94-96 Impala is the engine. Biatch to work on. Drop in the 5.3 (or the newer 5.7, or even the 6.0), and you couldn't pry me out of it.
Dukeboy57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2005, 11:03 AM   #19
Domestic driver

so isnt this new impala an import from australia, namely the commodore??? thats what was rumored. im pretty sure that the ford five hundred is also from aussie, or at least takes major styling cues from their aussie car.

were gonna see a lot of imported domestics now, and honestly...its about time. if anyone here has gone outside of North America and seen american cars, they are way different (better) than what they offer here. it took GM forever to realize that the monaro belongs here again, as the GTO. i say again because that what the "old" GTOs were as well, Holden Monaros.

i think that if they had kept the 94-96 impala SS that it woudl have turned into something liek the new ones. its a big, heavy, black car with a V8. with any luck, GM will import the commodore to start a new program here and then eventually make a new american built impala that will mimick the older gens.
custom grand am is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2005, 11:13 AM   #20

oohh cant wait to get a new impala as a rental car and ****ing it up like my current grand prix rental haha.

And the 94-96 is sick as ****, the second my neighbors brought one home like 10 yrs ago i was like what is that? it looks like a chevy but i dont see any bowties. Prob still one of the sickest sedans ever along with M5 imo
Raddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2005, 09:36 PM   #21
St. Louis!

2 words

FAT

MALIBU
Kingof3rdinput is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2005, 02:31 AM   #22
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom grand am
so isnt this new impala an import from australia, namely the commodore??? thats what was rumored. im pretty sure that the ford five hundred is also from aussie, or at least takes major styling cues from their aussie car.
The Ford 500 is based on the Volvo S80 platform. This platform is also shared with the Volvo XC90 and Ford Freestyle.

And yes, the new Impala does look like it's based on the Holden Commodore platform.

But IMO, they should drop that platform and use the Holden Caprice's.

Old May 21st, 2005, 10:52 AM   #23
Imported GM Knowledge

Send a message via AIM to KittATL Send a message via Yahoo to KittATL
wasnt the caprice the same platform as the 90's impala?
KittATL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2005, 11:28 AM   #24

Send a message via AIM to CRV_33
the 06 Impala's is practically screaming SATURN.
CRV_33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2005, 05:09 PM   #25
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittATL
wasnt the caprice the same platform as the 90's impala?
Yup, and if I remember correctly, the Caprice was the more luxurious version of the two cars.

Old June 25th, 2005, 02:49 PM   #26

The FWD V8 is screaming, tire shredding burnouts.
03 stinkyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 25th, 2005, 03:28 PM   #27
Back to boost...

Send a message via AIM to nc00max
Reminds me too much of the current Cobalt/Saturn lineup. I think it needs to be more distinguished from the econo-cars. Then again, I like the looks of the current Impala with smoked tails and a spoiler.

The 5.3 is nice though, I drove a friend's GXP and torque steer was minimal. I've never really had that problem with my GTP and it has a small amount of torque. RWD would be nice, though I think their logic was to find a middle ground between cost/performance. Th3 5.3 is about the same as the stock 3.8SC on the low end, but does much better up top. He hasn't taken it to the track yet (it's 110*+ here), but I would think he'll see very low 14's with 98+ traps. We run slower here in the desert and at elevation, I think it'll be a good improvement over the previous SS. Stock anyways, hard to beat modding with f/i. That engine is kinda crammed in there too.

'00 Grand Prix GTP-my new canvas. [email protected] with FWI in 80* weather, now to start modding...
nc00max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 26th, 2005, 12:24 AM   #28
Domestic driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumaccordcoupe
Yup, and if I remember correctly, the Caprice was the more luxurious version of the two cars.
carpice was luxury, impala was performance (using interceptor parts).

the australian caprice is i think is on a different platform as the older american caprice...but i could be wrong. it would be schweet if they used that as the new impala...but since it would actually sell without incentives thats why they arent using it.
Old June 28th, 2005, 01:45 PM   #29
Destroyer of Tires

Wheres the front?

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 28th, 2005, 10:55 PM   #30
Domestic driver

i dont think it has a front end. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in