2005 Subaru Legacy GT Test Drive - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2005, 10:20 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Waterp7
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Test Drive

Being an owner of a 2000 Accord V6 Sedan for 3 years now, I pretty much know the capabilities of our car. It has its moments, but is not really fast and not really agile. It's a comfortable car for its price.

On to my adventure:

I went to a Subaru dealer with my friends this weekend because he's looking to get a new car to replace his totalled one. First car we drove was a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT (auto).

Car IMO looks good from the front and the sides. Aggressive hood scoop and nice fender lines, but the rear seems a little bland. We took it out for a test drive and I was wayy surprised.

That turbo has some kick. BTW, we had 5 people in the car at about 700+ lbs. of weight. Even with this extra load, the car still pulled. The Subaru AWD system is amazing. The dealer told my friend to approach the stop light at 30mph. And without braking make a right turn and gas it out. I've never felt any sedan stick to the pavement like that. The LSDs and the AWD power transfer system must be superb.

Later after we got back, I got my chance to try the car. This time I drove the 5spd Manual version (for more control). Let me say, this car has a lot of power. Even with 5 people, I could get this thing to move off the line. If I didn't watch it, I'd probably be speeding off of every stoplight. I took the car into the same turns as my friend did, but this time since I was driving manual, I could leave the car in gear and just punch it through the turn. I was like

The car stuck like glue, no tire squeal at all. It pulled through the turn with no problem and was pullin away with lots of Gs pressing you into the seat. It put a huge grin on my face and made me all giddy...heheh

He let me test out the brakes as well in a backstreet. Let go of the steering wheel, slammed on the brakes at about 35mph... man that thing stopped short and straight. I was so surprised. My Accord brakes feel so squishy and soft compared to these brakes. It makes me soo want to trade in my car or just flat out buy a new one now.

I was so surpised by this car that it's making me consider my choice of getting a G35c now. But if only Infiniti would let me kick the crap out of one to compare (highly doubt it) the two cars, then I could actually compare the handling. Only qualm with the Legacy would probably be the gas mileage.

Legacy GT loaded with what I want (leather, moonroof, 5spd, auto dimming mirror, spoiler, alarm ) You can get it alot cheaper, probably close to invoice or even less.

MSRP $29,831
Invoice $27,337
TMV $28,155

G35 Coupe 6MT (leather, Navi, Premium Package, Aero Package)

MSRP $38,760
Invoice $35,489
TMV $38,260

Save like almost 10k in price over the G35????

Now if you do some light mods and an ECU flash and you could turn this bad boy into a Legacy STI sleeper.

Last edited by Waterp7; April 5th, 2005 at 10:29 AM..
Waterp7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2008, 04:40 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to [VTEC]TL
The Legacy GT is quite the unsung hero. Loads of potential in a very unassuming package.
[VTEC]TL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 20th, 2008, 05:08 PM   #3
LaLaLaLa

Send a message via AIM to stupidaznmunkey
i've sat in a legacy with 300whp before - you just need a STi manifold, and a downpipe and you'll be beating STi's no problem

damn that sh!t took off from 0-80 all quick. no tire squeal either. Sick.
stupidaznmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 15th, 2009, 10:33 AM   #4

i love the legacy GT, i think it's a great looking 4-door that has very sporty side as well
bigeshorte45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2009, 10:39 AM   #5
MATT

Send a message via AIM to driveaccord
when i was looking at my accord the legacy gt was the car i wanted to go with but a little more than what i wanted to pay...i think its a beautiful sedan that has the pep to go with it...reading this makes me mad i couldnt get one although i do love my accord....my car's close to how want it looks wise on the exterior so i like it way more than how they come stock
driveaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2013, 06:09 AM   #6

I have taken 3 test
joni007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2013, 06:13 AM   #7

now i'll kile few mor for test drive..
joni007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2013, 06:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by joni007 View Post
now i'll kile few mor for test drive..
^ oh come on.....
FollowingNFront is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #9

try to find a spec B. it has a 6spd for the STI. I love the legacy gt. I was looking at one, but ended up with the accord instead.
thisaznboi88 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88 View Post
try to find a spec B. it has a 6spd for the STI. I love the legacy gt. I was looking at one, but ended up with the accord instead.
This is a 4 year old thread that was bumped today by some newb looking to get his post count up... Not sure if you noticed that... But that is why I responded the way I did
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:29 AM   #11

Sorry way too early... lol
thisaznboi88 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:35 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88 View Post
Sorry way too early... lol
Lol Im with you there... Ive been up for 22 hours and still working... Im delerious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in