05 mustang - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2005, 01:16 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to peshford55
Talking 05 mustang

My friend just got an 05 mustang v6 and was wondering what type of exhaust he should get. Since its new, i didnt know if they had much yet, but any info would be helpful. Thank You.
peshford55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 22nd, 2005, 01:34 AM   #2
constantly in pursuit

Send a message via AIM to hammer03
I kinda doubt there is much prefabbed stuff out yet. But before he does, make sure you put ihm to the test. i wanna see how the Honda v6 stacks up against the for? could you do that for a guy? ahah
hammer03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2005, 09:25 AM   #3
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Did a quick Google search and found this.

http://www.jbaheaders.com/05mustangV6new.asp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer03
But before he does, make sure you put ihm to the test. i wanna see how the Honda v6 stacks up against the for? could you do that for a guy? ahah
That would be a very interesting race .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 22nd, 2005, 09:43 AM   #4
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
speaking of mustangs..does anyone else think the ragtop mustang looks like a painted 2 by 4 on wheels?

they dont hold up too well. i did a traffic light run with a ragtop and i was about a car length and half ahead of it till 65 and then i let off.

the GTs though are killer 4.9 0-60? and a 13.2 1/4 mile..
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2005, 09:50 AM   #5

Send a message via MSN to Jackman85
Yeah Those mustangs are pretty bad ass. I work at Willey Ford in Utah and have the pleasure of driving these monsters on an almost daily basis. The accord Vs. Fony Pony(V6) would be an intersting race. I would have to put my money on the stang tho. Those V6's are pretty quick. A huge improvent on the prior V6 mustangs at least. Is your friends the 5 speed or auto?
Jackman85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2005, 04:22 PM   #6
constantly in pursuit

im gonna guess AT since he opted for the v6... Anyone know what kinda power they make ? and how much they weigh? IMO, ragtops rarely look good with the tops up. Benz got it right with the hardtop convertables.... along with others
Old April 22nd, 2005, 07:29 PM   #7

i drove it and it was pretty quick.. Its an auto. Were ganna head to the tracks in the next few weeks, so ill let you guys know how it holds up.
Old April 30th, 2005, 09:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by peshford55
My friend just got an 05 mustang v6 and was wondering what type of exhaust he should get. Since its new, i didnt know if they had much yet, but any info would be helpful. Thank You.

Check this out..

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeotmxg/id5.html

After the install, the Mustang was crisper off the line and sounds very cool.
scruffeone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 30th, 2005, 10:36 AM   #9
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffeone
Check this out..

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeotmxg/id5.html

After the install, the Mustang was crisper off the line and sounds very cool.
Hey, that looks like a quality install right there. Beautiful color you've got as well.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 30th, 2005, 11:09 PM   #10
constantly in pursuit

i wanna see a race...
Old May 1st, 2005, 11:34 AM   #11

Quote:
i wanna see a race...
Talladega is on Right now....... Mustang GT Pace Car!
Old May 1st, 2005, 02:32 PM   #12
constantly in pursuit

Quote:
Talladega is on Right now....... Mustang GT Pace Car!
Haha, i mean i wanna see his AV6 against the Mustnag v6
Old May 1st, 2005, 06:34 PM   #13
ex scientia vera

^
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 1st, 2005, 08:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Haha, i mean i wanna see his AV6 against the Mustnag v6
I imagine it'd be pretty close race... I think the EX is came stock with a 3.0 ltr V6 that generates 200rwhp 195flbs of torque while the Mustang v6 comes with a 4.0ltr v6 that generates 210rwhp w/ 240flbs. The EX is alot lighter of a car, so I would say it would be a driver showdown. Would be fun tho.

hehehe.....
Old May 1st, 2005, 11:24 PM   #15
constantly in pursuit

Quote:
I imagine it'd be pretty close race... I think the EX is came stock with a 3.0 ltr V6 that generates 200rwhp 195flbs of torque while the Mustang v6 comes with a 4.0ltr v6 that generates 210rwhp w/ 240flbs. The EX is alot lighter of a car, so I would say it would be a driver showdown. Would be fun tho.
Well, they're both auto's, so it would really be reaction time and car by themselves, without much driver input. and the EX wouldnt have rwhp, its front wheel drive... the mustnag is rear wheek drive, so he'd probably have that as an advantage as well.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 03:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Well, they're both auto's, so it would really be reaction time and car by themselves, without much driver input. and the EX wouldnt have rwhp, its front wheel drive... the mustnag is rear wheek drive, so he'd probably have that as an advantage as well.
Wouldn't own an automatic...mines a 5 speed.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 03:58 PM   #17
constantly in pursuit

wait, are you the guy peschford was talking about? yours is a 5 speed standard? find yourself someone with a 6sp and lets get us a race already! i wanna see results! haha
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:05 PM   #18
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
i'd be down, but i'm on the wrong coast. plus i know i'd smoke 'em.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:08 PM   #19
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
i just checked the ford website, and it's 210hp at the crank, NOT the wheels....better luck next time...
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 11th, 2005, 08:57 PM   #20

Send a message via AIM to stolenheron Send a message via MSN to stolenheron
I own a new mustang v6, i am thinking of putting a dual magnaflow or dual bassani exhaust on mine
stolenheron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 12th, 2005, 01:46 AM   #21
constantly in pursuit

auto or stick? find a gen7 with the same, and run em, before you do anything? puleeeze!
haha
i just wanna know
Old June 14th, 2005, 09:21 AM   #22

v6 mustang preformance

hows the preformance on the v6 stang?
how does it hold up considering its price? and what after market mods are available?
mofomikes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 14th, 2005, 09:33 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by peshford55
tell him to get some rims first! they make the hugest diff in appearance!

ive seen this chic around my neighborhood with an 05 blue conv v6 and she has this huge rims on it and it looks much much better! never underestimate the power of rims/tires for at least the appearance aspect.
Raddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 14th, 2005, 11:22 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomikes
hows the preformance on the v6 stang?
how does it hold up considering its price? and what after market mods are available?
the performance is good, but when you drive it it feels heavy. Off the line, it feels like you have a trunk full. When your cruzin tho it accelerates considerably well. Im not a big fan of the interior, but its personal preferance. I dont know if their are any aftermarket mods available yet. They have intake and exhaust, but nothing big yet.

What rims do you think would go well with this car, and what size?
Old June 15th, 2005, 09:05 AM   #25

i think the stang is a damn good lookn car esp for its price. dark grey w/ black leather int, new grill, 18" rims (will those fit?) will go a LONG way in terms of appearance. a body kit with a nice front skirt would help dramatically increase its sporty appearance.

im still in the market looking for a new ride and the 05 v6 stang seems like a great deal. i have a feeling a mazda6 or a AV6 would be a better refined ride (perhaps an overall better car with better options) but they also seem to lean on the 'boring' side. they dont seem to offer the same fun image, or the attraction for tweaking that the stang does.

besides the 6 and av6 what other v6 coup can be had for the same price as the stang? tiburon? bleh.

let me know what u guys think.
Old June 15th, 2005, 10:54 AM   #26
Just a Regular Member now

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
Personally, the Mustang GT Premium Convertible is the only way to go! Another issue is one of reliability. Since its a brand new car, we won't know the figures until next year. If you go Mustang, its probably smart to wait for the second year edition. As far as pricing goes, I disagree. A bare bones Mustang is worthless IMO.

Why waste the money? You can get a used 2003-2004 AV6 coupe w/ 6MT for around 20-23. That's not much more than the base price of the Mustang V6 Deluxe ($19,770).

If you are intent on Mustang, then you gotta at least go for the Convertible if you go V6. Otherwise, save your money and get the GT version. 210hp V6 is not enough to really push that car. As someone stated, it felt heavy. You should test drive both models to see which one you prefer. That's the ultimate test.

V6 V8
Horsepower (SAE net @ rpm) 210 @ 5250 300 @ 5750

Torque (lb.-ft. @ rpm) 240 @ 3500 320 @ 4500

As far as mods, there are a lot of mods already out. At least I saw a lot of stuff at last years SEMA show. Exhaust, headers, air intake, sway bars, suspension pieces, shocks, etc... The whole works.

Dizzy
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 15th, 2005, 11:51 AM   #27

Im in canada, so im not liking the idea of the ragtop up for 6-7 months (also i dont think ragtops look good at all up). while i would like the v8, its out of my price range, not practical enough as a day-to-day drive, and my insurance would take a sh!t.

I really like the looks, both exterior and interior (leather, cloth is ridiculously ugly) of the v6 stang. The specs on preformance seems ave-good, and only seems to be frown upon because its in the shadow of the v8. If it can match a mazda6s or av6 preformance acceleration wise I'll be happy.
I'll have to wait on the test drive to find out about its overall driving performance.

Im exciting about getting a 06 v6 stang but I have a feeling that a 05 mazda6 or 05 av6 would be a wiser choice (slower depreciation, more practical, more reliable, more options) even though its not as exciting.
Old June 15th, 2005, 12:46 PM   #28

Send a message via AIM to Shadyguirguis
Hey guys.. my car is in the shop, cuz im getting my transmition fixed .. but neways.. I have a 05 V6 mustang as a rental.. the car is really really powerful.. but I honestly doubt its quicker than our accords speaking of 7th gen ofcourse... you feel a lot of power.. but it just doesnt pick up speed as fast as the accord!!
Shadyguirguis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 15th, 2005, 01:10 PM   #29
Just a Regular Member now

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
If you talk about excitement as far as how the cars look like sitting still, then yes, the Mustang is certainly that. But as far as excitement as far as driving the V6? I doubt it. If you're hoping to pick up chicks with this car? You're wasting your time since every Tom, **** and Henry has this car already. Since its so popular, its rapidly suffering from "grey" Accord/Camry syndrome. At least that's the way it is in the States.

Acceleration isn't everything. 210 for the mustang v6 vs. 240 for the accord v6? I don't have time to look up all the numbers, but you can find them through edmunds.com, motor trend or car and driver. Like I stated before, the only way you'll really know whether you like the car is to test drive all 3 options.

Dizzy
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 15th, 2005, 02:46 PM   #30

i'll be testing accords, mazda6s as well as the stang in regards to the preformance. as to popularity?.. here in toronto they're as rare as Saabs. ive yet to see a v6 (seens 2 v8's) and im up and down the hiway 2hrs a day. accords, m6s are popular tho.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in