'06 Eclipse - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2005, 07:41 PM   #1
I hate my Ford

Send a message via AIM to timdastis
'06 Eclipse

have u guys checked it out yet? like 265 HP, 650 watt Rockford fosgate system and alot of other stuff for under 30k

its seems like mitsu's 2dr version of an evo
timdastis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2005, 09:10 AM   #2
LiL D33z33

Quote:
Originally Posted by timdastis
have u guys checked it out yet? like 265 HP, 650 watt Rockford fosgate system and alot of other stuff for under 30k

its seems like mitsu's 2dr version of an evo
Just drove one yesterday
the auto
Nice power, seems faster then my accord.
DeezV604 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2005, 11:50 AM   #3
"WELCOME CHANG3"

Send a message via AIM to Supernova
I looked at one last friday night; the wheel well gaps are freakin huge. Thats Mitsubishi for you. If I ever got one(MT GT), the first mod would have to be a major drop.
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 24th, 2005, 12:56 PM   #4
LiL D33z33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova
I looked at one last friday night; the wheel well gaps are freakin huge. Thats Mitsubishi for you. If I ever got one(MT GT), the first mod would have to be a major drop.
agreed, even with the 18's its still huge
DeezV604 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2005, 01:31 PM   #5

they went with a Very simple engine just to make the 263HP the selling point.

the V6 gets to 60 in 5.8

i like alot, but i would not get it over the WRX, but then again, i havent driven the Ecplise yet.
Epyon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2005, 01:56 PM   #6
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
Where's Tom to rag on Mitsu quality.
Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2005, 06:50 PM   #7
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

This thing is faster than a 7th gen AV6 6-speed

I just got the latest issue of Motor Trend, and the GT V6 ran the 1/4-mile in [email protected] mph.

With that trap speed, I wouldn't be surprised if a few owners manage a very high-13 at the track, bone stock
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 6th, 2005, 03:04 PM   #8
M62B44tu powaH!

Wow, thats quickness for you! I actually like how the side and rear (straight rear) looks like. The front would be much better with some sort of grill inserts.
Max on This is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2005, 12:34 AM   #9
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH23
This thing is faster than a 7th gen AV6 6-speed

I just got the latest issue of Motor Trend, and the GT V6 ran the 1/4-mile in [email protected] mph.

With that trap speed, I wouldn't be surprised if a few owners manage a very high-13 at the track, bone stock
A little birdie told me that it's no faster than the 7th gen AV6 6 speed (both 0-60 and 1/4 mile) . It does have a lot more torque though, so it has much more pull from a roll (30 MPH-70 MPH, etc).

BTW: You should know better TH23, mag racing is forbidden on this board .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2005, 04:42 PM   #10
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumaccordcoupe
A little birdie told me that it's no faster than the 7th gen AV6 6 speed (both 0-60 and 1/4 mile) . It does have a lot more torque though, so it has much more pull from a roll (30 MPH-70 MPH, etc).

BTW: You should know better TH23, mag racing is forbidden on this board .
Until I see some track times from owners of the new Eclipse, mag times are all I have to go by

And why wouldn't it be faster? Sure, it weighs a few hundred pounds more than the AV6, but it has TONS more low-end and mid-range torque, not to mention more peak power at a lower engine speed. Sure, the AV6 has better top-end, but that won't help it until it's well into the triple digits on the speedometer The extra torque of the big 3.8 will have the Eclipse ahead early on in the race and by the time the AV6 starts catching up, it's too late.

There's no replacement for displacement
Old June 9th, 2005, 06:45 AM   #11

I think it was put in Car Test.
Old June 9th, 2005, 10:38 AM   #12
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Okay, I did a little CarTest comparison between the two and here's the results:

2005 AV6 6-speed (using the very optimistic TOV dyno for the power curve)

[email protected] mph
2.14 60' time

2006 Eclipse GT V6 6-speed with 17" wheels (using a custom power curve modeled after the 2.4L MIVEC's)

[email protected] mph
2.25 60' time

Okay, so according to CarTest, the two cars are almost identical in performance. The Accord gets off the line better due to a 25% shorter overall first gear ratio, but the Eclipse catches up early (at the top of it's 1st gear, after the AV6 shifts into 2nd) and the two stay pretty much even down the track.

However, this CarTest model assumes that the Eclipse is making the manufacturer's rating of 263HP and 260TQ. I have a feeling that the MIVEC 3.8 is under-rated a bit and is really making more like 270-275HP and 270-280TQ. It's just a hunch, as I have no proof that it is. I can't wait to see a dyno plot for this bad boy to find out
Old June 9th, 2005, 10:51 AM   #13

Send a message via AIM to Waterp7
damn...is this thing faster than a G35???
Waterp7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2005, 03:20 PM   #14

Send a message via AIM to Waterp7
Don't you think even with the weight difference, the new Eclipse would still win in a driver's race giving favor to the greater low-end torque? It claims [email protected] when the Accord develops [email protected]

I think that alone would give a great advantage to the average Eclipse driver from a dig.
Waterp7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2005, 03:23 PM   #15
picture me rollin

Send a message via AIM to RentsDidntBuyIt
well i was just taking a Shizzle right now when i saw my bosses MPH magazine with the beautiful M6 on the cover, and noticed they had an atricle bout the eclipse. I like the gauges, suppose to have [email protected] 5750/263 lb-ft @ 4500 24valve SOHC 3.8L v6. GS suppose to weigh 3274lbs and the v6 suppose to be 200lbs heavier. GS suppose to have 162hp/tq. All they said was its a nice daily driver car basically didnt run it, but still gave est times of 0-60 6secs žmile 14secs. THIS IS ALL FROM A MAGAZINE, just thought some ppl might wanna read what they gotta say; that shizzle was bomb.
RentsDidntBuyIt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2005, 09:05 PM   #16

Back on topic guys. Take it to PM.

Interesting that they had a comparo with this car, AV6 6MT, RSX-S, and a Stang GT. Which would you guys get?
Old June 9th, 2005, 09:20 PM   #17

Okay crap deleted. Where were we?
Old June 9th, 2005, 09:28 PM   #18
Die-Hard Enthusiast!!

Send a message via AIM to Sick6speed Send a message via Yahoo to Sick6speed
AV6MT!!

-Drew

818 Weekly Meet&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Sick6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2005, 09:33 PM   #19

Slight bias.

I love the 6mt too. But the Stang is fast and when it cools off it might be the same price. I'm not familiar with Ford reliability but I'm sure it's not as good as Honda outside of the tranny issue. Of course I'm going off the Consumer Report and J.D. Power graphs other members are kind enough to post. I do love that effortless torque and the GT is pretty sick looking.
Old June 11th, 2005, 03:15 PM   #20

I have mixed feelings about the Eclipse. I like the design, both exterior and interior. I have to wonder what the hell they were thinking, designing a car like the Eclipse with that much curb weight, but I guess the heavy cast iron block helps to keep those front wheels on the ground. I know the EVO is Mitsu's bread and butter, but what's wrong with 2 pocket rockets. When I first heard about this car I was excited, as I owned a first gen in which I heavily modified at 50,000 miles to 100,000, until it went boom! I wish they made it like the all wheel drive terror the first and second gens were. As far as the choice of cars above, I'd go with the Stang GT as well. I'm diggen the new look and I can't wait for the new Cobra!
03 stinkyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 14th, 2005, 08:06 PM   #21
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Quote:
Until I see some track times from owners of the new Eclipse, mag times are all I have to go by
You're better off using aSSumptions than unproven mag times .

Quote:
There's no replacement for displacement
Of course

Quote:
However, this CarTest model assumes that the Eclipse is making the manufacturer's rating of 263HP and 260TQ. I have a feeling that the MIVEC 3.8 is under-rated a bit and is really making more like 270-275HP and 270-280TQ. It's just a hunch, as I have no proof that it is. I can't wait to see a dyno plot for this bad boy to find out
Assuming that Mitsubishi doesn't underrate/overrate their engines. The MIVEC (valve lift) heads give the 3.8L V6 engine 33 more HP and 10 more TQ than the non MIVEC 3.8L V6 found in the Gallant. That sounds about right to me.

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 14th, 2005, 12:32 PM   #22

Is it me, but getting 23 more poines over the Gen 7 AV6 from nearly a liter more engine seem sorry.
TL = 3.2 = 270
RL = 3.5 = 300
If I could only slap a TL 3.2 in my 6spd. That would be happiness.
muh_are_ten is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 29th, 2005, 06:29 PM   #23

My neighbor just got a 6 speed in orange and I drove it a few weeks ago. The thing rocks compared to her old 03'. Yes the wheel wells are huge, but the interior is awesome and it feels strong. I would say it would run neck and neck with my 6-spd accord. It feels stronger at certain rpms and weaker at others. I wasn't all that impressed with the 600watt rockford stereo, it's nice but I don't think it sounds all that much better than the stereo in the accord either. The biggest downfall of the car is that visibility out of the windows sucks. You feel like your sitting in a hot tub trying to see out.

I'm trying to get her to take it out to the track with me but I think she's chicken.

All in all I would buy the Accord again anyday over the new eclipse. The wife really wants a TL next, but I'm thinkin RWD, so either the GTO if they redesign it soon, or a vette.
chevyzq8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in