Leaving the V6 family - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 29th, 2005, 06:49 PM   #1
M62B44tu powaH!

Leaving the V6 family

I just purchased my A4 about 4 months ago and my little brother needed a new car because his MX6 is basically worthless now and it has multiple problems. Being as he's 17 and can't apply for credit, I agreed for him to continue paying off my car and he can drive it and its basically his after he pays it off.

Im picking up my new car on Saturday. Its a 2000 BMW 328Ci black/black leather, premium package (rain sensing wipers, 12way power front seats with memory, trip computer, wood trim), heated seats, 5speed manual, Harmon Kardon CD+CD changer, sunroof, Xenon HID headlights. I do wish the car has the sport package, but the coupe's sport package only consists of 17" staggered rims and sport seats (available as a seperate option also). The suspension is the same among the coupes, which is the sedans sport package, so I already have a lowered ride height and can add rims later on off of Ebay. Its the original owner who leased the vehicle and paid off the balloon payment at the end. He has receipts from all of his repairs at the BMW dealer (only place he went to), but I can get a complete listing if I call up BMW and give them the VIN#.

Can't wait! Excited, but rather un-timely since I was planning on at least sticking with Quattro traction through winter, but the A4 has a good home with my little brother.

Picture of the car from the ad
Max on This is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 29th, 2005, 07:38 PM   #2
constantly in pursuit

Send a message via AIM to hammer03
sweet! how much is that bad boy gonna run ya?
hammer03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 29th, 2005, 08:23 PM   #3
RKV

nice pickup! the heated seats will feel soo good during winter time
RKV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 30th, 2005, 11:21 AM   #4
M62B44tu powaH!

Yeah, even the heated seats in my A4 is great. On my Maxima's, it would either burn your butt on high, or no heat at all on low. The A4 has 6 settings, and #2 or #3 seems to be a nice heat, nothing burning. The BMW has 3 settings. This car is costing me a pretty penny since it has low miles. Insurance is rather killer also, but nothing unplanned.
Old October 1st, 2005, 01:54 AM   #5
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Congrats

And while you may have left the V6 group, you're still part of the 6 cylinder family .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 1st, 2005, 02:16 AM   #6
constantly in pursuit

Send a message via AIM to hammer03
is the 2.8 an inline 6 still? i think it is right? the 2.5 is a i4 though?
hammer03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 1st, 2005, 02:25 AM   #7
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer03
is the 2.8 an inline 6 still? i think it is right? the 2.5 is a i4 though?
Nope, the 2.5 is an inline 6 as well. The only US BMW inline 4 I know of was in the old 318i.

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 2nd, 2005, 08:54 PM   #8
M62B44tu powaH!

Yep, its an Inline 6, called the M52

2.8L (84mmX84mm bore/stroke, perfect 'square' just like the J30)
Double VANOS 24valve DOHC
Dual-length induction (as opposed to dual-resonance)
[email protected],500rpm/[email protected],500rpm

Per BMW:
0-60 6.6
1/4mile [email protected]

Alot of magazines are able to run 0-60times of 6.4-6.9seconds and 1/4mile times of [email protected] I would say the average 'real world' time for this car is roughly equals that of BMW's own times, the quickest that I've seen so far searching through bimmer forums being [email protected]

The engine is amazing and feels just as torquey as the VQ30DE and charges really hard at the top also because the area after peak is still rather strong. Very buttery smooth, you can always hear mechanical noise, a nice whir, a man-to-machine connection but its very quiet and refined, even as you rev to redline. No buzzing, no harsh sounds, it remains quiet. I averaged 33.5mpg on the trip back home mainly hwy, which is amazing. Gearing is great also, although the clutch is an on/off deal and requires alot of thought and concentration to not bog, a much different experience over the A4 which had a no-thought clutch and was easier. You can feel every gear engagement when you row through the gears, although its probably more amplified because I have a wooden shifter, but you really have to be manual-ignorant to miss gears in this car. The door windows lower about an inch everytime you open the doors, because its frameless. But once you close it, it raises back up an inch to form a tight seal, its rather amusing to see when you open the windows. Sound system quit frankly, is dissapointing, especially compared to what I've been treated to in the past (Bose on both Maxima and Audi). It sounds as if there is a peice of cloth thats covering the speakers, although the bass is really boom boom. HID's are great, although I think mine are getting rather old as they spread out a swath of bluish-purple light on the road compared to my sisters pure-white on her TL. My eyes are adjusting to these and they have great range and the peripheral lighting is amazing. I also amused myself with the rain sensing wipers, adjusting its sensativity between 6 settings.

The steering deserves its own paragraph Its not as alive as the A4's on center, but crank the wheel left or right and it comes alive with slip angle, road bumps, and is extremely precise and weighty while the A4 still remains light but very direct and alive with feel also. In fact, I'm going to compliment the 6th gen V6 coupe (sedans are very light in feel and are different). It feels the same in operation, weight, and feel, but the difference between the two comes when understeer sets. The AV6 V6 Coupe steering washes away with no feedback while the BMW's is still alive with feedback.

Love the car!

Last edited by Max on This; October 2nd, 2005 at 09:15 PM..
Old October 17th, 2005, 07:36 PM   #9
M62B44tu powaH!

pics with the oem M-parallel style 68 staggered (7.5/8.5 f/r)

Old October 18th, 2005, 02:27 PM   #10
V6 -> I4 -> I6

Send a message via AIM to HwaNi.J30A-C
One more I6 owner in v6p. I don't know how the hell I missed this thread..

Congrats man. The car looks seriously sexy. Nothing more badass than a black bimmer.
And awesome review.
HwaNi.J30A-C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 18th, 2005, 03:28 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to nycsam786
congrats
nycsam786 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 27th, 2005, 11:46 AM   #12

Nice decision!
2spEeDautO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in