Accord V6 Forum banner

89 conquest tsi

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  1fastJ30A1 
#1 ·
im probably gonna be buying my buddies 89 conquest tsi. Anyone have any experience with these as far as looking for common problems or anything like that? I know his is in good shape and well maintained but i was just wondering what i should look for down the road its got 100k on it, 16g turbo, 3 inch exhaust bov, boost control, all the goodies. pickin it up for 2k...good deal?

#6 ·
blkcoupe said:
im probably gonna be buying my buddies 89 conquest tsi. Anyone have any experience with these as far as looking for common problems or anything like that? I know his is in good shape and well maintained but i was just wondering what i should look for down the road its got 100k on it, 16g turbo, 3 inch exhaust bov, boost control, all the goodies. pickin it up for 2k...good deal?
Very good deal!! Just be carefull buying a high dollar car like this, just because you got it for $2k doesn't make it cheap to fix. This was the car that evolved into the 3000GT/Stealth so parts are probably expensive and rare. My old neibor still has one that she bought new in 1989, and drives often.

#7 ·
me and my buddy just got one this summer for $500 bucks. it didn't run or anything but the body was in pretty nice shape. we ended up building the whole engine up gutted the inside of the car and put a gt35r on it. we still have to finish installing everything but it should be pretty quick when its done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.