WTB: Exhaust/Intake for 7th Gen - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS > PRIVATE 'WANTED' CLASSIFIEDS
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 13th, 2015, 03:20 PM  

WTB: Exhaust/Intake for 7th Gen

'Tis the season and I'm looking to get some parts for my girlfriend's car. It's an '04 V6 6-speed J30A4, CM8 coupe chassis. Looking for a cheap dual catback (if possible, OBX is fine) and a short ram intake. Rains have been getting worse in Texas and this place floods like crazy, so I'm not interested in a CAI. Brand doesn't mean too much as long as it's not like Sure Motorsport's reputation, where if any part fails it "wasn't installed properly".

Just lemme kno
F4LL3N is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 16th, 2015, 01:27 AM  

what kind of sound are you after?
out of box kits will run 400-800 depending on brand.

personally what I did was buy a dc2 muffler from amazon (60 bucks CAD) and get my exhaust shop to weld it on. Total cost was about 200 CAD

That being said, I had a custom dual magnaflow set up prior. The sound wasnt super loud, and I lost a lot of low end torque (larger dual pipe diameter, and no extra cfm of exhaust flow). It really didnt do my car any good. The only good thing that came out of it, was that my car was practically straight piped from the jpipe onwards (still had the pre cats installed).

so its really up to you, what kind of sound and look you want. the cost of my magnaflows was about 700$ CAD

in regards to your SRI question, I bought the AEM short ram of amazon for like 80$. The diameter of the pipe isnt the largest but itll do and its quit cost effective.

Hope this helps
rave93 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old December 16th, 2015, 04:35 PM  

custom exhaust and making a sri is like 1/3 the price if you bought brand name stuff and functions the same or better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
05accord6spd is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old December 16th, 2015, 05:18 PM  

There is a thread on here for a DIY 4" CAI or short ram setup. I used it to make mine and highly recommend it.
CBUS-AV6MT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old December 16th, 2015, 07:59 PM  

^^^^^^ AGREED thats actually what I did, home depot special was even cheaper than the threads online recommendations (mine is obviously not as pretty)
rave93 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old December 16th, 2015, 08:47 PM  

I just put an obx on my accord a couple months ago and i love it. Practically no drone inside but sounds great outside. Only paid 284 shipped for it also.
rollaboy_95 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old December 19th, 2015, 07:27 PM  

I'm looking for something that brings out the J30A4. I'm about to try one of the J-pipes on eBay for the UC1. One of the techs at work was telling me the difference between the TSX and the CM7/8 Accord was just engine internals, other than that the exhaust is completely interchangeable, as well as the suspension. I'm just worried about not having enough O2 foulers. My Speed3 only needs one post-cat but it's a little different on a V6 lol. From what I've noticed, the only difference in the J-pipes is the mounting piece just underneath the front subframe, and even then it's still bolted to both header pipes and the catalytic.
F4LL3N is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in