Accord V6 Forum banner

SVT Contour vs. 6th Gen. Accord Coupe

801 views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  HwaNi.J30A-C 
#1 ·
I was talking to a guy in my physics class he told me he had an Accord Coupe. He asked what I had and I answered.

He proceeded to call my car "crap" and told me that he would chew me up and spit me out. :rolleye2: Keep in mind that his Accord is a I4 auto with big 18"s and a V6 exhaust. I am modded with a 2.5" exhaust and an intake.

Does any one have any performance numbers on this configuration? How much do you think I can beat him by? Thanks.

#2 ·
JCSVT said:
I was talking to a guy in my physics class he told me he had an Accord Coupe. He asked what I had and I answered.

He proceeded to call my car "crap" and told me that he would chew me up and spit me out. :rolleye2: Keep in mind that his Accord is a I4 auto with big 18"s and a V6 exhaust. I am modded with a 2.5" exhaust and an intake.

Does any one have any performance numbers on this configuration? How much do you think I can beat him by? Thanks.
Put money on it, lots of it. Enough to pay tuition for this year. Then go run his 17+ second ass down.

I'll give you 15 carlengths in the 1/4. :)

#3 ·
I ran an SVT Contour about 5 times in a row up to 120 mph, and every single time i beat hi by about 4-5 cars. On the 6th run he burned his clutch out with an overrev. I felt sorry for the guy. This was in from a stand still each time and he had a manual.

#4 ·
JCSVT said:

what an idiot. his car would be lucky to run in the 17's on a good day. You could probably hit 14's in your car with the mods, since CSVT's run about low-15's stock IIRC.

u see this?

http://www.eurotuned.com/multimedia/gti_vs_civic.htm

Your car vs his would be about like that. ;)

#9 ·
Viper said:
I ran an SVT Contour about 5 times in a row up to 120 mph, and every single time i beat hi by about 4-5 cars. On the 6th run he burned his clutch out with an overrev. I felt sorry for the guy. This was in from a stand still each time and he had a manual.
Does anyone else have a hard time buying this based on the numbers a CSVT can put up? Unless he couldn't drive or his clutch was not the outs..... Unless you have significant mods, auto AV6s are running mid 15's and CSVTs are running low 15's stock....... Anything can happen in a street race I suppose but 4-5 cars? I don't even know if you would put that on a regular Contour V6.......

#11 ·
Blue Mazda said:
Does anyone else have a hard time buying this based on the numbers a CSVT can put up? Unless he couldn't drive or his clutch was not the outs..... Unless you have significant mods, auto AV6s are running mid 15's and CSVTs are running low 15's stock....... Anything can happen in a street race I suppose but 4-5 cars? I don't even know if you would put that on a regular Contour V6.......
The SVT driver burn't out the clutch, so he must not have been that great of a driver. I know there are SVT drivers running low 15's with some hitting high 14's, but 15.3-15.5@91-92mph seems to be more of the norm for those guys as its tricky to launch those cars.

On a drag strip, reaction time isn't considered in your ET's though, but your ET doesn't tell the whole story about who gets to the finish line first. You can be running 15.5's all day and still beat the guy next to you to the finish who ran 15.3's all day. The same can apply for a street race.

#12 ·
Max on This said:
The SVT driver burn't out the clutch, so he must not have been that great of a driver. I know there are SVT drivers running low 15's with some hitting high 14's, but 15.3-15.5@91-92mph seems to be more of the norm for those guys as its tricky to launch those cars.

On a drag strip, reaction time isn't considered in your ET's though, but your ET doesn't tell the whole story about who gets to the finish line first. You can be running 15.5's all day and still beat the guy next to you to the finish who ran 15.3's all day. The same can apply for a street race.
True, but by 4-5 car lenghts? Did he take a nap? He had a faster car....... Just reaks of exageration to me.

#13 ·
if a modded 6g AV6 is pulling "4-5 cars" on a CSVT then either there was something wrong with the contour or the driver just plain sucked.

i'm still waiting for the day when viper posts some REAL timeslips and not dumb street race crap. he "smokes" 350z's too. :laugh:

j/p samir ;)

#14 ·
I tore up a 350Z off the line the other day in my 6. He didn't have a chance.

I was in the streight lane and he was in the left turn only lane with a red light........ I am still pulling car lenghts on that SOB.....

#15 ·
Blue Mazda said:
I tore up a 350Z off the line the other day in my 6. He didn't have a chance.

I was in the streight lane and he was in the left turn only lane with a red light........ I am still pulling car lenghts on that SOB.....
That is nothing comparing to what I did to Ferrari other day.
We were standing at traffic light and as soon light turned green I nailed. I looked in mirror to see how that Ferrari turns into small dot.

BTW, we were going in opposite directions. :smash:

#16 ·
i once posted a race vs SVT contours once here in v6p with my ex-av6....

I got beat by around 1 car? by end of 2nd gear, and was pulling in 3rd, but no chance, (got busted by cop)....

they are pretty fast... don't underestimate them. and yes, their dual tip looks very nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.