Mazdaspeed 6 vs Alpha Romero - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > RACING and TUNING > ROAD TALES
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2007, 09:33 AM   #1

Mazdaspeed 6 vs Alpha Romero

This was my Mazdaspeed 6 vs a classic Alpha Romero convertible. No, I didn't instigate. I was on a two lane road trying to navigate through some slow traffic when I noticed that this guy in an Alpha Romero was trying to "follow along". He pulled to my bumper in traffic and as we got to a rather deep bending curve in the road, I first kind of gunned it on him. I noticed he was trying to stick with me. As we got clear of traffic and I had slowed down a bit he was getting back up on me, so I goosed it again, got around a car before the lane turned from 2 down to 1, honestly just hoping to get rid of this guy. Well at this point he blasted past the same car to stay with me, so I knew he was trying for sure to stay with me. I took off on him again through some S turns, putting another good gap on him before we both ran up on a cement mixer. Further up the road in my rear view he flashes the lights at me and gives me a wave out the open convertible top as he was taking a turn trying to short cut and beat me up the road. He got stuck at a stop sign and wound up behind me a couple miles down the road. I got even further up the road and the guy pulls up next to me in the Alpha motioning for me to roll down the window. He says, WOW man, what does this thing have in it, this is a quick little car (saying about my MS6). I said, thanks, we chatted for a sec and than had to go becasue the light turned. Cool guy, no idea what year his car was, what it packs, but he was surprised what my MS6 brought to the table for sure. Not a big notch on my belt, and no this isn't an Accord story, but fun none the less so figured I would share.
Blue Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2007, 09:23 PM   #2
Mama im goin fast!

Send a message via AIM to bigtymer8700
so how much you pushing down on the speed6 now? my friend got his up to 350 but blew his turbo. wasnt a stock one but everything is getting replaced under warranty... those cars can really put out if he can finally get it together the speed6 is pretty bad
bigtymer8700 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 10th, 2007, 09:59 PM   #3
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Sweet, I ran into a late 80's Alfa 164 today which was super clean and subtly modded...sounded mean too accelerating away from the light. No race though, nowhere "safe" to do so around here
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 11th, 2007, 05:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtymer8700
so how much you pushing down on the speed6 now? my friend got his up to 350 but blew his turbo. wasnt a stock one but everything is getting replaced under warranty... those cars can really put out if he can finally get it together the speed6 is pretty bad
Mine will stay totally stock. There are surely some guys over at the 6 club website that are putting down some servere power with just bolt ons and a few who have swapped the turbo for something a little bigger. Tuning is now also an option with various piggy backs that are adding some serious power, too.
Old July 11th, 2007, 05:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC-v6!
Sweet, I ran into a late 80's Alfa 164 today which was super clean and subtly modded...sounded mean too accelerating away from the light. No race though, nowhere "safe" to do so around here
Yah, this guy's looked totally stock and restored from what I could see. I was very shocked he was even giving me a go. He really seemed to not know what the Mazdaspeed 6 even was. As I said, he seemed to be a reasonably cool guy and was impressed and asking what the car was all about, after he saw it in action a bit.

I got e-mailed on a post in this topic from a total troll but the post isn't here, did someone clean that mess up? Just curious.
Old July 11th, 2007, 11:17 AM   #6
Formerly VTEC-v6!

maybe
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 11th, 2007, 11:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC-v6!
maybe
If so, thanks. It avoided me having to "cause a scene" around here again. That isn't very productive, either but sometimes you have to defend yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in