2 "Got Killed" night:) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > RACING and TUNING > ROAD TALES
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 21st, 2007, 10:11 PM   #1
Street Brawler

2 "Got Killed" night:)

Just got back from a fun night of racing. Went up against a modded SRT-4 and a modded Cobalt SS. There was a WRX there too, but he didn't partake (either that or he was so far back in all the races that it didn't look like he partook ). Started out at a stoplight. I took off because the guy in the car next to me kept inching forward and giving me looks. Well he didn't go, but the 3 cars behind me and him did. After I slowed down, what turned out to be the SRT-4 came flying around the guy I thought was going to race and popped his exhaust at me (I actually saw flame come out of his exhaust). I saw the Cobalt and WRX fly by too. Needless to say I was intrigued since it had been awhile since my last good race. I followed them to the next light and got behind the SRT-4. He took off with me behind him. He pulled strongly on me all the way up to 90 or so before we shut it down. By that point he probably had 3-4 cars on me. I pulled up next to him and he said he had an intake, exhaust and something else I couldn't understand (might have been a short shifter or ECU because he looked down in his car when he said it). Anyway, we went onto the highway and pulled up next to each other, with the SS coming up on his other side. We were going about 65mph (I was in D3, a weak point in our rpm band) and he instantly jumped out front with the SS beside him. He pulled strong on me and had about 3+ car lengths on me by about 110 or so. The SS was probably about a car length or so behind him. We then lined up one more time, this time at about 55mph or so and we all took off. I stayed pretty much even with him until the shift from D2-D3 and then he walked on me. This time the SS didn't pull past me until the shift into 4th gear, but he still had about a car and a half when we shut it down. All in all a fun night. For all the safety hounds there was absolutely zero traffic around. No animosity between any of us, just some guys that like to have fun with there cars. And for anyone that forgot or doesn't know I have an 04 Auto Coupe with V2 intake, Borla Cat-back and a UR lightweight Crank pulley. I think it's about time I got those e-pro cats and Emanage Ultimate Not to mention a Supercharger
chappy48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 21st, 2007, 11:54 PM   #2
now drives a 7thgen V6

nice, sounds like a pretty fun night, i havent had one of those in a while
6thgenaccord00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:03 AM   #3
Adventure is out there!

Send a message via AIM to littletruong
thats pretty good for an auto!
littletruong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 22nd, 2007, 06:16 AM   #4
Street Brawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletruong View Post
thats pretty good for an auto!
Thanks, I still don't like losing though, but it's not like I have a super fast car or anything. He pulled on me about the same as that STI on you, but he didn't end up that far ahead.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 07:43 PM   #5
Street Brawler

I forgot to add that I was running on a completely full gas tank. I literally only had about 10 miles on my current tank when this all went down. Don't know how much difference that makes, but maybe a little bit.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 05:48 AM   #6

4 cars is a fair margin. Good runs. I would guess the SRT with those mods would probably trap consistently in the low 100's, maybe hit mids from the slips I have seen. As with most FI cars they take well to minor bolt ons. I give you props for posting losses as well as wins.
Blue Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:57 PM   #7
Street Brawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Mazda View Post
4 cars is a fair margin. Good runs. I would guess the SRT with those mods would probably trap consistently in the low 100's, maybe hit mids from the slips I have seen. As with most FI cars they take well to minor bolt ons. I give you props for posting losses as well as wins.
Wow, that actually makes me feel better about my run. Keeping up with a car like that, with an auto. Auto's with my mod's trap in the mid-high 90's? Not bad if I do say so myself Like I said before, now I just need to get the pro-cats, emanage and supercharger kit, then I'll be set Then when my engine gets worn down I'll just swap it out for one of NVA-AV6's and Tunergirl's 3.5 builds That's my plan and I'm sticking to it.
Old August 24th, 2007, 05:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy48 View Post
Wow, that actually makes me feel better about my run. Keeping up with a car like that, with an auto. Auto's with my mod's trap in the mid-high 90's? Not bad if I do say so myself Like I said before, now I just need to get the pro-cats, emanage and supercharger kit, then I'll be set Then when my engine gets worn down I'll just swap it out for one of NVA-AV6's and Tunergirl's 3.5 builds That's my plan and I'm sticking to it.
Glad I could be of service. This is much different than the usual heat I get around here.
Blue Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 24th, 2007, 08:37 AM   #9
03 AV6 Coupe

Good runs chappy! Definantly props to you for racing the faster machines. I have raced a few SRT-4's and have always lost by many cars but its fun just to see how close you can come. I remember racing this SRT-4 and he misshifted and drove horrible and he still was hanging with me lol. Those cars are rockets!
hondav6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 24th, 2007, 10:18 AM   #10
From J30A to 4g63

Send a message via AIM to 0Tolerance Send a message via MSN to 0Tolerance Send a message via Yahoo to 0Tolerance Send a message via Skype™ to 0Tolerance
^^Yep i too have been killed by those skittles when i had my AV6........and i was suprised about how badly i would get stomped. I take my revenge out now against them, bahahahahaha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
0Tolerance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 24th, 2007, 02:51 PM   #11
Adventure is out there!

Send a message via AIM to littletruong
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy48 View Post
Thanks, I still don't like losing though, but it's not like I have a super fast car or anything. He pulled on me about the same as that STI on you, but he didn't end up that far ahead.
losing is losing, nothing wrong with it, it just says, you got to mod a little more, lol whether that be FI or more bolt ons. I don't mind losing, sometimes i just race to see how i will do against the car.. Even when i know for sure i'm gonna lose already, i'd like to see how my car holds up. It gives me an idea of where i stand to other cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Tolerance View Post
^^Yep i too have been killed by those skittles when i had my AV6........and i was suprised about how badly i would get stomped. I take my revenge out now against them, bahahahahaha
lol you and your evo9!!! Your's is modded isn't it?
littletruong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 24th, 2007, 09:56 PM   #12
From J30A to 4g63

Send a message via AIM to 0Tolerance Send a message via MSN to 0Tolerance Send a message via Yahoo to 0Tolerance Send a message via Skype™ to 0Tolerance
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletruong View Post
losing is losing, nothing wrong with it, it just says, you got to mod a little more, lol whether that be FI or more bolt ons. I don't mind losing, sometimes i just race to see how i will do against the car.. Even when i know for sure i'm gonna lose already, i'd like to see how my car holds up. It gives me an idea of where i stand to other cars.

lol you and your evo9!!! Your's is modded isn't it?
Yeah..just a little...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
0Tolerance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in