Advice, who would win? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > RACING and TUNING > ROAD TALES
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1st, 2007, 06:28 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to sLoPoKe7thGen
Advice, who would win?

So I got two people that want to race me. They are both friends and pretty much have the same car, they had their cars for little less then a year and are going to start modding.

The new civic Si and a 06 Rsx Type-S, both stock.
They both say they would beat me no problem. I said we had similiar 1/4 times and they said no, they run 14.7 and I run 15.0-15.5.

So I told them, if you guys know you'll beat me why do you want to race?

So they said just for fun and they wanted to see how much of a difference my v2, 3rd cat delete and magnaflow makes.

Personally, I think it's going to be very close. I Wish I had a 6spd!

I've taken an 03 typeS several times before who had injen CAI and sp2 exhaust if I remember correctly. From a 45 roll we were dead even until 85 where I started walking away fairly easy. That time all I had was a CAI and no weight reduction. I also had an extra passenger and they were solo.

Anyone 7th gen autos race either before? We plan to do this later tonight.
sLoPoKe7thGen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 1st, 2007, 06:39 PM   #2

you should be able to take both cars no problem, they might get the jump off you in the beginning but you will catch them up on the high end, do you have any mods??
consouler9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 1st, 2007, 06:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by consouler9 View Post
you should be able to take both cars no problem, they might get the jump off you in the beginning but you will catch them up on the high end, do you have any mods??
Yeah v2, custom magnaflows and 3rd cat delete if that does anything along with gutted trunk and backseats.

Old November 1st, 2007, 07:03 PM   #4
Street Brawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLoPoKe7thGen View Post
Yeah v2, custom magnaflows and 3rd cat delete if that does anything along with gutted trunk and backseats.
There's a video on youtube of a guy that has a auto 7th gen with some mods, pulling hard on a stock rsx-s. You should have no problem beating them.
chappy48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 1st, 2007, 07:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy48 View Post
There's a video on youtube of a guy that has a auto 7th gen with some mods, pulling hard on a stock rsx-s. You should have no problem beating them.
Oh yes, I've seen that before, the white one with custom hks exhaust,I,P, custom j-pipe? and it was lowered with different wheels it looked like. That guy had Pulleys and j-pipe over me, that would make a huge difference no? Thats at LEAST 10whp + torque?
Old November 1st, 2007, 08:02 PM   #6

you will beat the rsx type s and the civic si....i've beaten them before with only an intake on my auto 7th gen. its close at first, but you start pulling away at about 65-70ish. thats from a stop and if they can launch a little....from a 40 mph roll, put it in 2 and when the third honk hits, take off on them :-)
Stuckeyman87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 1st, 2007, 08:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckeyman87 View Post
you will beat the rsx type s and the civic si....i've beaten them before with only an intake on my auto 7th gen. its close at first, but you start pulling away at about 65-70ish. thats from a stop and if they can launch a little....from a 40 mph roll, put it in 2 and when the third honk hits, take off on them :-)
hmm, stock vs stock I think they would take us. They get 14.7 and 14.8 stock. With I/E I can't imagine getting anything better then that, plus they are top end cars too.
Old November 1st, 2007, 09:05 PM   #8

you should have more faith in your car..u'd take em out like everyone says..
V6MT26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 1st, 2007, 09:19 PM   #9

Wink

A lightly modded Si is quite fast with a good driver !!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZAlb_CuXM8
wht/accord99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2007, 01:16 AM   #10
Bobby Lane Racing

dont listen to these guys, youll lose.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2007, 01:22 AM   #11

we will all know the truth when they actually run
consouler9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2007, 02:01 AM   #12
Street Brawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
dont listen to these guys, youll lose.
Don't listen to this guy...you'll win.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 02:02 AM   #13
Street Brawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wht/accord99v6 View Post
A lightly modded Si is quite fast with a good driver !!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZAlb_CuXM8
Looking at the mods, that's not a lightly modded civic, unless you count anything below FI as lightly modded.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 02:40 AM   #14

rsx will lose

Last edited by sLoPoKe7thGen; November 24th, 2007 at 02:46 PM..
Old November 2nd, 2007, 02:58 AM   #15
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
*Laughs... hard.* Don't they know their cars fall flat on their faces in the 100+ mph range? You also have a much lower (a crazy low .29) drag-coefficient.
Kuya Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2007, 06:44 AM   #16
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Classic myth, that the RSX-S or Civic Si will run high-14's stock. 99.9% of people with those cars run low/mid-15's stock. Just make sure you're comparing the same thing. They're quoting the bestest time EVAR for their car (14.7) but then using just the standard run of the mill times for the Accord. Apples to oranges. The standard run of the mill time for those cars are the same exact times as an Accord auto. And you'll still beat them probably 9 times out of 10 because autos are a ton easier to launch and drive consistently than manuals are. AV6 autos are capable of 14.7-14.8 stock too if you want to compare bestest time EVAR to bestest time EVAR for both cars.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2007, 06:49 AM   #17
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

oh nice job on the runs. Didn't see that before. And 40-45 mph is a much much better spot for him than it is for you, too. At 40-45 mph you're caught between the very top of 1st and the bottom of 2nd gear, whereas that's right in the sweet spot of 2nd gear for him. And that'll make a bigger difference than any mods you have. So you raced from a roll (advantage him), raced from a bad spot for you but a good spot for him (advantage him), yet still beat him.
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2007, 07:45 AM   #18

haha told ya..now i cant wait to take on my boys Si..his has WAI and skunk2 cat back..but he does know how to drive stick better than me..good job on the runs man!
V6MT26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2007, 09:20 AM   #19
03 AV6 Coupe

Nice races man! I had a good feeling you would beat him. The 05 RSX-S is faster than the 02-04 RSX-S so you know how you would do against the other years! Go kill your friend in his civic SI. I also suggest you race from a dig against your friends. I took my cousin in his 02 RSX-S w/I/E from 0-90 and had a couple cars on him.

Injen CAI
Magnaflow CBE
UR Pulley
Richie's V3 J-Pipe
J35 Magnesium IM
MDX IM Spacer
P2R Thermal Gaskets
TB Coolant Bypass
Innovative 60A Mounts
Koni Yellows/Eibach Pro Kit
TL-S Rear Sway Bar
Neuspeed Strut Bar
hondav6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2007, 01:38 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondav6 View Post
Nice races man! I had a good feeling you would beat him. The 05 RSX-S is faster than the 02-04 RSX-S so you know how you would do against the other years! Go kill your friend in his civic SI. I also suggest you race from a dig against your friends. I took my cousin in his 02 RSX-S w/I/E from 0-90 and had a couple cars on him.
Thanks for the positive feedback. I was really under estimating myself. 05 typeS guy says I should be able to pull the SI. So we'll try tonight!
Old November 2nd, 2007, 02:39 PM   #21
A n g u s D e i

Send a message via AIM to itchthys
I wish the 6th gens had a chance.. :<

Well... maybe after a 6 speed swap, we might..
itchthys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2007, 03:02 PM   #22
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee

Nice kill! Recently I walked on a new Civic Si from a dig, but I'm a stock 6 speed 7th gen.
Accordian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2007, 03:21 PM   #23
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchthys View Post

Well, you might have a chance if the driver of the Si or RSX-S just plain sucks

I raced a stock '06 Si with my 6G AV6 sedan (AEM V2 only) and only lost by a hair over a carlength in a race from 0 to 70-ish mph. The driver of the Si was a little kid who obviously didn't know how to drive his car, LOL. He pulled on me pretty good in his 1st and 2nd gears, but when it came time to shift he would lose so much ground that it wasn't even funny. In fact, we were even at about 45 or so, after a horrible 1-2 shift where he lost the carlength lead he had at the top of first gear After that, he managed to pull roughly 1.5 cars ahead in 2nd before the 2-3 shift dropped him back to within a carlength while I was still pulling well at the top of 2nd gear. Once he was in 3rd, he started pulling again, but at that time we had caught up to traffic and had to slow down. The end result was that he won by about a car at 75 or so mph. Had he known what he was doing, he probably would've put 3-4 cars on me by 75 mph.

If I had my 7th gen back then, I would've smoked him so bad that I wouldn't have been able to laugh as much as I did when he barely pulled on my slow-ass 6th gen

As Steve pretty much said, a manual requires much more driver finesse than an automatic, which is pretty much point and shoot, at least with cars like these that don't produce enough wheelspin to require careful attention to the throttle. Just slam it and go.

So a stock Si (or RSX-S) may be capable of beating a stock auto 7G AV6, but only in the hands of the best drivers out there. Otherwise, an average driver in the Si (or RSX-S) will result in a close race between the two cars. And a poor, inexperienced driver could even fall prey to a 6G AV6 with bolt-ons
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2007, 03:53 PM   #24
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by itchthys View Post

The 6th Gen has a chance if you do it right. I was packing 14.5 easy with wheelspin throughout 1st and even 2nd gear. If I didn't have all that lame no grip crap, I'm sure I could've broken into the 13.9s. It's like how 02AV6 and SIRSIG have it. 02AV6 had less overall power, but he had way wide (and sticky) tires and wheels. From a roll on the freeway, Solacen was ripping cars left and right, especially after the "fall flat on face" 100+ mph range. The 100-130 range was when I used to start walking away from folks back in the days of the AV6.
Kuya Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2007, 04:24 PM   #25
LaLaLaLa

Send a message via AIM to stupidaznmunkey
steve, i took the new Si with 2 of my roommates + their crap in my car going back to school and a quarter tank of gas left

he pulled on me from 90-110, then i caught up from 110 and passed him at 125 and at 130 i put on hazards and he high beamed and we shut down
stupidaznmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2007, 05:33 PM   #26
A n g u s D e i

Send a message via AIM to itchthys
lol dude I don't anticipate going 100+.. OR getting a ticket. I kinda already have a speeding ticket that was over 100. HEHEHE.

I'm just saying.. perhaps on the track, I might have a chance if I had a 6 speed .. and some experience.

^^ But Kuya, you had a SC. :<
itchthys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2007, 07:55 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy48 View Post
Looking at the mods, that's not a lightly modded civic, unless you count anything below FI as lightly modded.
Anything that doesn't involve engine work or forced induction is lightly modded to me. That car is in the 11's already with AJP turbo kit.
wht/accord99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 12th, 2007, 12:19 PM   #28
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

I had an '02 RSX-S with intake, exhaust and Hondata #4, and I truely think my 7th Gen AV6 6MT with just an intake is quicker.
mbr311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 20th, 2007, 06:32 PM   #29

Yeah, v6 accord keeps up pretty good with the rsx type-s's and civic si's... Prior of purchasing one I never knew the Accords had much potential...lol
drive4fun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in