me vs 335i turbo - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > RACING and TUNING > ROAD TALES
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2007, 11:10 AM   #1
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

me vs 335i turbo

driving back from the crispy creme meet last night at around midnight, i ran into a silverish looking 335i sedan with exhaust on the 134 east near the 210 interchange. i kind of gunned it a little to see if he'd bite and he pulled up next to me. he started taking off, but i flashed my lights at him and he slowed down. i helled up 3 fingers, he notted and we slowed to 60mph. we raced 3 times, ALL from exactly 60mph, all to 130mph. freeway was empty

1st race, dead even to 130mph and i mean DEAD even. i got in front, he pulled pass a little, then i shifted to 5th and i gained again, then shut down. he raised 3 fingers and we went again

2nd race, i immediately jumped ahead 1 car, he had some major lag or something. he caught up, i pulled a little more in 5th and got him by a 1/2 a car.

3rd race, this time he must have been in full boost cause he jumped a car ahead, pulled a litte more and i never caught him. he got me by 1 1/2 cars.

he wanted to go a 4th, but i was getting pretty badly heatsoaked. my car started to ping a little bit, so i pointed to the exit and he followed. we turned on colorado blve, rolled down my window and i asked him if he had the PROcede and he said "yes i have the version 2" i was like no wonder i told him i usually take those things no problem, i knew something was up.

he asked "what the hell do you have in that thing, besides that loud ass supecharger lol" i told him a 3.2 tl swap, exhaust and boosting 4psi and he was like surprised the sh!t out of me!! nice runs! he said he was going to arroyo canyon to put in some 101 octane, gave me the thumbs up and made a U turn. cool guy.

Last edited by 04accordcpe; November 21st, 2007 at 11:13 AM..
04accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 21st, 2007, 11:14 AM   #2
Bobby Lane Racing

nice runs sean!, time for hbp+aftercooler bud.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2007, 11:20 AM   #3
J35A2K23B18CSRDETT2JZLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04accordcpe View Post
driving back from the crispy creme meet last night at around midnight, i ran into a silverish looking 335i sedan with exhaust on the 134 east near the 210 interchange. i kind of gunned it a little to see if he'd bite and he pulled up next to me. he started taking off, but i flashed my lights at him and he slowed down. i helled up 3 fingers, he notted and we slowed to 60mph. we raced 3 times, ALL from exactly 60mph, all to 130mph. freeway was empty

1st race, dead even to 130mph and i mean DEAD even. i got in front, he pulled pass a little, then i shifted to 5th and i gained again, then shut down. he raised 3 fingers and we went again

2nd race, i immediately jumped ahead 1 car, he had some major lag or something. he caught up, i pulled a little more in 5th and got him by a 1/2 a car.

3rd race, this time he must have been in full boost cause he jumped a car ahead, pulled a litte more and i never caught him. he got me by 1 1/2 cars.

he wanted to go a 4th, but i was getting pretty badly heatsoaked. my car started to ping a little bit, so i pointed to the exit and he followed. we turned on colorado blve, rolled down my window and i asked him if he had the PROcede and he said "yes i have the version 2" i was like no wonder i told him i usually take those things no problem, i knew something was up.

he asked "what the hell do you have in that thing, besides that loud ass supecharger lol" i told him a 3.2 tl swap, exhaust and boosting 4psi and he was like surprised the sh!t out of me!! nice runs! he said he was going to arroyo canyon to put in some 101 octane, gave me the thumbs up and made a U turn. cool guy.
you're crazy man. wasn't that a meet or what? Arroyo prkwy is where i go too for 101 load... you should use higher octane, i heard TL get some weird pinging at the mid, so be careful...

Last edited by SIRSIG; November 21st, 2007 at 11:22 AM..
SIRSIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 21st, 2007, 12:33 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to sLoPoKe7thGen
Damn!!! Very nice! 335 with procede are beasts!! Good job man..
sLoPoKe7thGen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2007, 12:43 PM   #5

i've read on one of BMW forums that Boost Level is not consistant with Procede Module, that probably explains difference between three races.
HONDA_99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2007, 12:46 PM   #6
Destroyer of Tires

What's a procede? lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
What is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2007, 12:48 PM   #7
Booostin~!

Send a message via AIM to accord20o1
dang.. must been modded... i raced one on the 5... a blue coupe w/ euro plates.. got him by 2~3 cars... we raced like 5 times... he was mad.. LOL
accord20o1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2007, 01:03 PM   #8
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X View Post
What's a procede? lol
piggyback
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2007, 01:07 PM   #9
MADE IN THE PHILIPPINES

awesome!
aV6Pinoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2007, 01:34 PM   #10

how come you can always find someone to race and i cant??
for you
nicepeta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2007, 02:03 PM   #11
A n g u s D e i

Send a message via AIM to itchthys
Because you have big fat 19s.. LOL
itchthys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2007, 04:09 PM   #12
Adventure is out there!

Send a message via AIM to littletruong
nice sean.. a couple of 335i's have tried messing with me now but i haven't raced them.. don't really want to get waxed!
littletruong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2007, 07:47 PM   #13
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRSIG View Post
you're crazy man. wasn't that a meet or what? Arroyo prkwy is where i go too for 101 load... you should use higher octane, i heard TL get some weird pinging at the mid, so be careful...
ya it starts to ping when im really heatsoaked. it must be the extra 1.0 of compression the TL motor has, cause my 3.0 NEVER pinged on me, even when hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord20o1
dang.. must been modded... i raced one on the 5... a blue coupe w/ euro plates.. got him by 2~3 cars... we raced like 5 times... he was mad.. LOL
yes it was modded, it had exhaust, PROcede and probably some other stuff. ive smoked a few of them on the highway before, thats why i was so surprised with this one.

i dont know to much about the PROcede software, but i heard it gives them around 330whp and 370wtq? nick knows more than i do, maybe he can chime in on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepeta
how come you can always find someone to race and i cant??
sometimes you have to coax people, if its a car you really want to race for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchthys
Because you have big fat 19s.. LOL
so do i

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletruong
nice sean.. a couple of 335i's have tried messing with me now but i haven't raced them.. don't really want to get waxed!
not for long
Old November 21st, 2007, 07:52 PM   #14
A n g u s D e i

Send a message via AIM to itchthys
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO haha you have 19s? How much do they weigh?
itchthys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2007, 08:17 PM   #15
Adventure is out there!

Send a message via AIM to littletruong
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04accordcpe View Post

not for long
they don't know that But everyone on this forum should by now! D-Day is almost here!
littletruong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2007, 10:28 PM   #16
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchthys View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO haha you have 19s? How much do they weigh?
they weigh 21 lbs each. their 2 piece aluminum wheels so they are fairly light for 19's. 7th gens have huge fender wells, so 18's look a bit too small.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 11:07 PM   #17

The 335i's are quick cars to begin with, but procede v1 and procede v2 is a difference...by like 30 whp? something like that.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82674

i think the V2 for the 335i's produce roughly 370whp and 400wtq give or take some. good runs, especially with the power numbers your producing with your s/c 7th gen on only 4 psi...cant wait to see how it will be when u crank up the psi a little :-D
Stuckeyman87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2007, 11:35 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to Accord_V6_400m
Yeah those buggers are quick I can keep up with them stock but obviously im going to need forced induction to keep up with them modded.

Going from around 275/295 stock to god knows what they're pretty quick for 3500lb cars. I know I can take one on the freeway if I had a chance but on the streets from a stop they launch out very nicely. Im glad I haven't run into a 335xi from a stop yet
Accord_V6_400m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 24th, 2007, 03:48 AM   #19
AccordingToSean

Send a message via AIM to AccordingToSean
cant imagine how quick the 135 is gonna be....
AccordingToSean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 26th, 2007, 12:06 AM   #20

Send a message via AIM to Accord_V6_400m
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy225 View Post
335's with a Procede V2 run mid to high 12's
Thats nice and all but thats apples and oranges for the most part, post up some traps since our cars have a hard time hooking up. Best 60' time we've seen is a 2.0 on drag radials. Our ET's aren't indiative of how fast our cars are.
Accord_V6_400m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 26th, 2007, 01:06 AM   #21
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy225 View Post
335's with a Procede V2 run mid to high 12's
im sure they can run mid 12's, but not with 91 octane, which is the highest available here in CA. from what i heard, V2 calls for a rating of 93 minimum. if thats the case, then very impressive with just 91.

with the torque they have, i dont think i'd have a chance from a dig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accord_V6_400m
Thats nice and all but thats apples and oranges for the most part, post up some traps since our cars have a hard time hooking up. Best 60' time we've seen is a 2.0 on drag radials. Our ET's aren't indiative of how fast our cars are.

very good points nick. with a below 2.0 60 ft, some others and i would have hit 12's awhile back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in