Me vs 05 modded srt-4 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > RACING and TUNING > ROAD TALES
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 24th, 2007, 02:22 AM   #1
Adventure is out there!

Send a message via AIM to littletruong
Me vs 05 modded srt-4

So yea, went out to the races tonight with some friends. My friend with another 07 accord asked me to roll out with him so i did. Met up with a bunch of people and chilled for a lil bit then, got the urge to race someone. So i see a red srt-4, no hood, driver said its "all stock". So i say, "never mind, i don't want to race if its all stock". Then thats when he says, alright let me see what you got, i popped my hood, nothing special for me, (V2, Greddy evo2, and UR pulley). He says sure i'll race you then. When we are about to leave, he puts his hand in his motor, i think he was upping his boost controller cause he couldn't do it from the inside of his car. So we went from a dig and a roll. From a dig, i had him off first and second, and then he just pulled like 2 cars in 3rd and kept pulling in fourth. Second run we went from a 1st gear roll, did a lot better, lost by like a car, it kept pulling though. Went back to where we met up at and he was like yea its stock, "im only running 13lbs," i knew it was B.S already because i beat plenty of stock srt-4's. So before we left, he said, 'yea i'm not gonna b.s you, i'm running 19lbs, 3 inch downpipe, and its chipped." so yea there we go.

Overall a good run. Got a vid of it on my friends camera, will post when i can get a chance.

P.S I need my car done Paul!
littletruong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 24th, 2007, 03:43 AM   #2
AccordingToSean

Send a message via AIM to AccordingToSean
yea thos little pocket rockets could get pretty quick with a few bolt ons and chip. my friend loses to a couple srt4's at meets and he's got a LS2 gto /w i/e.
Also why dont u get a custom down pipe or procats before ur major engine build and turbo?
AccordingToSean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 24th, 2007, 08:59 AM   #3
Street Brawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletruong View Post
So yea, went out to the races tonight with some friends. My friend with another 07 accord asked me to roll out with him so i did. Met up with a bunch of people and chilled for a lil bit then, got the urge to race someone. So i see a red srt-4, no hood, driver said its "all stock". So i say, "never mind, i don't want to race if its all stock". Then thats when he says, alright let me see what you got, i popped my hood, nothing special for me, (V2, Greddy evo2, and UR pulley). He says sure i'll race you then. When we are about to leave, he puts his hand in his motor, i think he was upping his boost controller cause he couldn't do it from the inside of his car. So we went from a dig and a roll. From a dig, i had him off first and second, and then he just pulled like 2 cars in 3rd and kept pulling in fourth. Second run we went from a 1st gear roll, did a lot better, lost by like a car, it kept pulling though. Went back to where we met up at and he was like yea its stock, "im only running 13lbs," i knew it was B.S already because i beat plenty of stock srt-4's. So before we left, he said, 'yea i'm not gonna b.s you, i'm running 19lbs, 3 inch downpipe, and its chipped." so yea there we go.

Overall a good run. Got a vid of it on my friends camera, will post when i can get a chance.

P.S I need my car done Paul!
Sounds almost identical to the SRT-4 I raced a while back. I lost to him by about 3-4 cars by the top of 3rd if I remember right. Of course he already had a car on me since I was right behind him at the light. Good thing he wanted to race otherwise I woulda smacked the back of him off the light when I floored it Good run though. You'll be taking cars like that down, soon enough
chappy48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 24th, 2007, 09:03 AM   #4
03 AV6 Coupe

nice race. The guy in the neon seems like a loser!
hondav6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:57 AM   #5
Got LSD?

That is pretty impressive. I hate the SRT4's. He probably didnt tell you he was modded so if he lost he wouldnt get clowned. Its hard to keep up with 19 pounds of boost no matter what you have.
00suprchrgdAV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 24th, 2007, 12:45 PM   #6
Adventure is out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordingToSean View Post
yea thos little pocket rockets could get pretty quick with a few bolt ons and chip. my friend loses to a couple srt4's at meets and he's got a LS2 gto /w i/e.
Also why dont u get a custom down pipe or procats before ur major engine build and turbo?
don't want to waste my money cause paul is already working on custom cats and with the all the turbo piping i won't need the downpipe anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy48 View Post
Sounds almost identical to the SRT-4 I raced a while back. I lost to him by about 3-4 cars by the top of 3rd if I remember right. Of course he already had a car on me since I was right behind him at the light. Good thing he wanted to race otherwise I woulda smacked the back of him off the light when I floored it Good run though. You'll be taking cars like that down, soon enough
i can't wait. he asked me what else i'm getting done to my car and i said "nothing".

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondav6 View Post
nice race. The guy in the neon seems like a loser!
lol its all good. I wanted to see how fast it was so i found out the hard way but i'm not worried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00suprchrgdAV6 View Post
That is pretty impressive. I hate the SRT4's. He probably didnt tell you he was modded so if he lost he wouldnt get clowned. Its hard to keep up with 19 pounds of boost no matter what you have.
yes 19lbs of boost is a lot.. especially when the weather over here in arizona is starting to drop(especially at night). Turbocharged cars love this weather.
Old November 25th, 2007, 08:21 PM   #7
Adventure is out there!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...9-8b5818f1b853

here is the vid, please excuse my friends lol, its on my friends myspace video page.
Old November 25th, 2007, 08:32 PM   #8
LaLaLaLa

Send a message via AIM to stupidaznmunkey
sorry alex that guy got you! haha
stupidaznmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 25th, 2007, 10:37 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to sLoPoKe7thGen
Damn those are quick... Hard to tell but it looks like he pulled very hard up top! Did he start a little later too? Nice race and good job man...
sLoPoKe7thGen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 26th, 2007, 01:15 AM   #10
Adventure is out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidaznmunkey View Post
sorry alex that guy got you! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLoPoKe7thGen View Post
Damn those are quick... Hard to tell but it looks like he pulled very hard up top! Did he start a little later too? Nice race and good job man...
i got him off the line cuz his tires couldn't grab. But yea, that thing pulled hard up top.
Old November 26th, 2007, 02:16 AM   #11
Street Brawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletruong View Post
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...9-8b5818f1b853

here is the vid, please excuse my friends lol, its on my friends myspace video page.
We need a faster chase car!! Faster, faster!! LOL!
chappy48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 27th, 2007, 02:25 PM   #12

I have raced quite a few SRT's. I have lost by 5 cars and have been dead even with a stock one.. they pull really hard in third and fourth..

I Hate it when people say "oh, my car is all stock" knowing they have about 2 grand in mods under the hood.
Stevo405 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 27th, 2007, 02:34 PM   #13
Doc
J35S004

One night I was at the track (RIP)
it was Neon Night or some crap.
There were a couple SRT-4s with
slicks turning low 13s. I have
the timeslips, they were spanking me
badly, spitting flames and stuff.
Still, they are friggin Neons.
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 27th, 2007, 03:06 PM   #14
From J30A to 4g63

Send a message via AIM to 0Tolerance Send a message via MSN to 0Tolerance Send a message via Yahoo to 0Tolerance Send a message via Skype™ to 0Tolerance
Way to stomp that skittle.....They should all be destroyed!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
0Tolerance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 27th, 2007, 05:00 PM   #15

I used to own an SRT-4 and I can assure you, with a $5 dollar spring attached to my stock wastegate to increase boost to 18-19 lbs and my catless side exit exhaust costing around $250, I could pull just as hard as that SRT-4 in the video. It is much cheaper and cost-effective to mod an F/I car than an N/A car.
Of course, I later pulled the spring out and put in a $100 wastegate actuator instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo405 View Post
I have raced quite a few SRT's. I have lost by 5 cars and have been dead even with a stock one.. they pull really hard in third and fourth..

I Hate it when people say "oh, my car is all stock" knowing they have about 2 grand in mods under the hood.
srehmat02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:07 PM   #16
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee

Nice try mang. LOL, where did that race happen? I'm so out of the loop on the good spots, not that I want to street race or anything. Actually my buddy has a lightly modded SRT-4 and we're thinking about doing a Friday night at Firebird soon. Should be interesting.
Accordian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:45 PM   #17
Adventure is out there!

i'll hit you up the next time i go todd! can't tell you where over the internet! lol
Old November 28th, 2007, 09:11 AM   #18
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee

Ha ha, gotcha Alex! I was just curious since I don't run into much in my area.
Accordian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in