v6 camry turbo help - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2008, 10:34 AM   #1

v6 camry turbo help

i would like to get some info on how to turbo my 95 camry v6. any help would be appreciated
longhorns1489 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 7th, 2008, 10:54 AM   #2
Bobby Lane Racing

send your car to a mechanic that knows what he is doing. it's not something you should do it yourself.!
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2008, 12:15 PM   #3
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
Try not to post whore either.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 7th, 2008, 05:56 PM   #4

i know how to work on cars. ive rebuilt engines and done everything else. i just wanted to know what deminsions for the up pipe and downpipe. i dont need to take my car to a mechanic i was just trying to not have to guess and check on the pipes.
longhorns1489 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2008, 06:20 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Accord_V6_400m
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns1489 View Post
i would like to get some info on how to turbo my 95 camry v6. any help would be appreciated
Quote:
i know how to work on cars. ive rebuilt engines and done everything else. i just wanted to know what deminsions for the up pipe and downpipe. i dont need to take my car to a mechanic i was just trying to not have to guess and check on the pipes.
If you've rebuilt engines and such then you might want to learn more on this turbo matter and do some engineering research not just the hands on stuff. It would behoove you to be aware of all this when buying parts, making the kit and diagnosing problems.
Accord_V6_400m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2008, 08:44 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Legendaryyaj
Since no one has a kit except for Tony the Tiger, all the dimensions for the piping is going to be guess and check. If you want a size, id say 2.5"-3" for diameter.

Go buy some pvc piping for a mock up and go from there. Piping is the main problem to building a kit. Everything else is universal.
Legendaryyaj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2008, 12:24 AM   #7
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
it's really good to know that you do these things. I mean you're initial question was very broad.

"v6 camry turbo help"
"i would like to get some info on how to turbo my 95 camry v6. any help would be appreciated "

First off, welcome to the board. there's a bunch of knowledge here and plenty of brains to help you with your project.

Lets begin with your topic. What kind of toyota v6 do you have? A Camry? Solara? Avalon? A swap?(if so please advise what motor you have in what shell)

Second, since you came here to acquire help with your turbo. What turbo are you using specifically for this application. That will help determine how you will develope your manifold.

this will be a good place to start with your project.. I hope you have good welding skills. let me know how this goes.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2008, 01:00 AM   #8

Send a message via AIM to Legendaryyaj
^LOL!

I believe he clearly states that he has a 95 Camry V6. I believe thats a 1mz or 3xxxx. Toyota has complicated engine codes.

Look into Tony the Tiger as I mentioned. His Camry is fully built with a fully built auto tranny too. Its the same body style as yours. Maybe a little earlier model.
Legendaryyaj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2008, 04:06 AM   #9

The 3VZ-FE was the old iron block used from 92-93 and the newer OBD2 1MZ-FE aluminum 3.0L debuted in 1994. So, he has a Gen 3.5 Camry with a 1MZ-FE and there have only been a few turbo Camry V6's in our gen (92-96). Go to www.toyotanation.com to find some good information about boosting the V6. Search for the user "TonyTheTiger", he has a fully built 520+ whp 1MZ-FE in his 1994 sedan. There are not any kits made for your car/engine, so it will be completely custom. Stock injectors are good up until about 8 psi, but upgraded injectors is highly recommended. You can use the 2JZ-GE Supra non-turbo injectors as a upgrade. The automatic transmission in your car will only be able to handle about 275whp and after that you will need to build it. The block will handle 300whp just fine, but if you have big plans for a large turbo you will need to build the engine. In order to fit the turbo in the engine bay, you will need to remove your cruise control. Then, you need to get a custom turbo manifold that comes and meets to the right of the V6. You will want to get a new, higher flowing y-pipe as well because they are very restrictive on the 1MZ-FE especially when you're boosting. Another option for forced induction for your engine is a TRD/Kazuma supercharger. It isn't produced anymore, but you can usually hunt one down. They have a 4 psi pulley, and will bring you from 150whp to about 200+whp. I could go on and on, but you should check out toyotanation.com for a lot of good information.

Here is one of the 3 known turbo third gen V6's, and the build process of it:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...t=tonythetiger

*EDIT* - I just realized that TonyTheTiger is a member on here. There is a thread on here of his car back when it was in the 400whp+ range against a supercharged C4 Corvette
94CoupeV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in