Supra Engine Help - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2008, 04:56 PM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 643
Supra Engine Help

What is the different between the 2JZ GTE and 1JZGTE?
I know nothing about supra engine. I am planning buying a supra (maybe with stock turbos)and boost them with larger turbo. If I can't find the supra, my other option is that I will get the lexus SC and throw the supra motor in it.(don't know which one will be good for the supra motor,300 or 400)

my question are:
What is the different between the 2JZ GTE and 1JZGTE?
which motor will be good for the Lexus SC?
and which SC will I get?
I really need your help. thanks.
02SilverAcc2dr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 19th, 2008, 09:59 PM   #2
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6
 
BlackV62K2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Posts: 3,407
Send a message via ICQ to BlackV62K2 Send a message via AIM to BlackV62K2 Send a message via MSN to BlackV62K2
Main difference 1JZ is a 2.5L motor and 2JZ is a 3.0L motor.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2008, 11:14 PM   #3
thread killer
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,114
Send a message via AIM to vtecricebox
where are you located? you want to buy my sc?
vtecricebox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old May 20th, 2008, 01:01 PM   #4
Registered User
 
weezo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 348
Better put the ghallow 24 instead
weezo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 20th, 2008, 01:47 PM   #5
Bobby Lane Racing
 
nighthawk04v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,679
i'm dropping a 2jz-gte in a 95 SC if you can get your hands on a 5spd sc300 than the tranny bolts right on, if you have a 400, you'll have to get an entire front clip of either 1jz-gte or 2jz-gte.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:17 AM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 9
is there jza80 in the us?
holden kurt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:45 AM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 261
The 1JZ is a 2.5L while the 2JZ is 3.0L
The 1JZ Can hold power reliability at 550WHP compared to the 2JZ Ive seen 4 digits on a stock motor(Dosent last as long).
I recommend doing the 2JZ, but 1JZ would be the same.

It dosen't matter what motor you want to drop in a SC, its more about what your power goals are. In swapping the 2JZ in a SC(Project on hold)the swap itself is a complete drop in but only in the SC300. In the SC400 mounts need to bought, much more wiring(V8), and all that hassle isnt worth it. If you do planning on dropping it in the SC300 the only thing youll need is to swap out the GTE oil pan to the GE oil pan(Clerance Problems).
WhiteAcord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 8th, 2008, 12:36 AM   #8
Duplicate Account
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 0
2jz is the way to go man i have one and its a beast!
550whpAV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 13th, 2009, 05:22 PM   #9
Registered User
 
tavarish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Eliz, NJ
Posts: 20
Send a message via AIM to tavarish
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteAcord View Post
The 1JZ is a 2.5L while the 2JZ is 3.0L
The 1JZ Can hold power reliability at 550WHP compared to the 2JZ Ive seen 4 digits on a stock motor(Dosent last as long).
I recommend doing the 2JZ, but 1JZ would be the same.

It dosen't matter what motor you want to drop in a SC, its more about what your power goals are. In swapping the 2JZ in a SC(Project on hold)the swap itself is a complete drop in but only in the SC300. In the SC400 mounts need to bought, much more wiring(V8), and all that hassle isnt worth it. If you do planning on dropping it in the SC300 the only thing youll need is to swap out the GTE oil pan to the GE oil pan(Clerance Problems).
Lots of misconception here.

The record for a 1jz (stock block) is around 900whp, and it's just as potent as the 2jz, just has less displacement.

In an SC, the 1jz is a direct drop in and is plug and play. That's why I have one in my car. 2jz requires custom wiring to the body plugs. SC300 and SC400s are nearly an identical swap. The main differences are the driveshaft, differential, and mounts.

Also, the 2jz bottom end bolts right on to the 1jz head. Virtually everything is interchangable.
tavarish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2009, 02:18 PM   #10
Registered User
 
MackinLexS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: L.A
Posts: 48
Send a message via AIM to MackinLexS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
i'm dropping a 2jz-gte in a 95 SC if you can get your hands on a 5spd sc300 than the tranny bolts right on, if you have a 400, you'll have to get an entire front clip of either 1jz-gte or 2jz-gte.
lol there is no such a thing as a manual sc3 or 400 you can convert it, put an is300 trans or supra? the sc already comes with a 2j just not built for turbo. You can build it for turbo but it might be more costly and less reliable. the best thing you can do is get a 300 rather than a 400 (in most cases cheaper) and then swap it out. but it is more than possible to turbo up your stock 2jzge and make it a 2jzgte
MackinLexS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2009, 02:30 PM   #11
Bobby Lane Racing
 
nighthawk04v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackinLexS View Post
lol there is no such a thing as a manual sc3 or 400 you can convert it, put an is300 trans or supra? the sc already comes with a 2j just not built for turbo. You can build it for turbo but it might be more costly and less reliable. the best thing you can do is get a 300 rather than a 400 (in most cases cheaper) and then swap it out. but it is more than possible to turbo up your stock 2jzge and make it a 2jzgte
your an idiot. there are manual SC300's factory, and I have one.. You still are an idiot for posting like you know something.

the 2JZGE's intake manifold overlaps the valve cover and rides over the exhaust side. It would be stupid to try and turbo charge that motor when you can acquire a front clip 2jzgte for under $2200. You would need a turbo intake manifold, a turbo exhaust manifold, a turbo, management, run oil lines to and from turbo etc. WHICH WILL COST MORE THAN purchasing a an entire 2jzgte front clip.

Stop being an idiot and post whoring like you know something so you can build enough post to start your own thread. IDIOT
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2009, 02:37 PM   #12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NOVA
Posts: 5,513
owned
JCharged is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2009, 03:23 PM   #13
07' V6 Auto Sedan
 
dnlgao's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: KS
Posts: 700
Send a message via AIM to dnlgao Send a message via MSN to dnlgao
...

WhoooPSH!
dnlgao is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2009, 05:03 PM   #14
Registered User
 
MackinLexS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: L.A
Posts: 48
Send a message via AIM to MackinLexS
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
your an idiot. there are manual SC300's factory, and I have one.. You still are an idiot for posting like you know something.

the 2JZGE's intake manifold overlaps the valve cover and rides over the exhaust side. It would be stupid to try and turbo charge that motor when you can acquire a front clip 2jzgte for under $2200. You would need a turbo intake manifold, a turbo exhaust manifold, a turbo, management, run oil lines to and from turbo etc. WHICH WILL COST MORE THAN purchasing a an entire 2jzgte front clip.

Stop being an idiot and post whoring like you know something so you can build enough post to start your own thread. IDIOT
thats how you learn things? thanks for being so helpfull ahah and btw i didnt recomend he turbo the car if you read. where can i get a cup of hateraide from around here?
MackinLexS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2009, 06:33 PM   #15
ex scientia vera
 
kramer2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 3,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
your an idiot.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2009, 07:17 PM   #16
07' V6 Auto Sedan
 
dnlgao's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: KS
Posts: 700
Send a message via AIM to dnlgao Send a message via MSN to dnlgao
^..

Wow?
dnlgao is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2009, 08:07 PM   #17
BULLPOO
 
SixSpeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 4,241
Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
nighthawk... relax buddy. k?


Quote:
Originally Posted by MackinLexS View Post
thats how you learn things? thanks for being so helpfull ahah and btw i didnt recomend he turbo the car if you read. where can i get a cup of hateraide from around here?

Perhaps you should slow your roll. Don't just post the words that in your head. Obviously it has done you wrong in the past and will do you wrong in the future. Also, if you keep post whoring like this, I'll delete your for sale thread and set your post count to -600 so I wont have to worry about you making another thread or PMing anyone for a very long time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
your an idiot.
lol... Gets me everytime.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2009, 08:09 PM   #18
-Maninder
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezo View Post
Better put the ghallow 24 instead
Gallo*

Lol

Am I the only one who got the F&F reference?
1fastJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2009, 08:15 PM   #19
BULLPOO
 
SixSpeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 4,241
Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
That's why you need Rome Pierce as your sidekick wheel man.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #20
Bobby Lane Racing
 
nighthawk04v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeeder View Post
nighthawk... relax buddy. k?





Perhaps you should slow your roll. Don't just post the words that in your head. Obviously it has done you wrong in the past and will do you wrong in the future. Also, if you keep post whoring like this, I'll delete your for sale thread and set your post count to -600 so I wont have to worry about you making another thread or PMing anyone for a very long time.




lol... Gets me everytime.
sorry, i'll keep the tone down. It was just a little funny for a aristo owner to come around and say the usdm soarer didn't come manual so I had to make him stnnd out a little, and for post whoring so he can do FS thread made me bring out the best in him. you know me.. and i pick on noobs. jk love you guys!
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On