sm1ke's 08 IS250 AWD - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By av6_sm1ke

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #1
Needs new paint

sm1ke's 08 IS250 AWD

So I figured I might as well start a thread here to keep myself motivated and on track for the plans I have with the car. I'll post pics when I get home, but it's just a stock IS right now.

Took ownership of the car in the summer of '12. Since then I've picked up some small stuff like a roof spoiler, H&R springs, LED turn signal side mirrors, new DRL bulbs, Blitz-style front grille, RHOplate front license plate tow hook mount, new GFX exhaust tips. All of it is sitting in my basement right now, no use installing anything until the weather gets warmer.

Now looking into selling the H&R springs and the LED side mirror covers, and buying a set of AMR coilovers and 19s for this summer. Might look into a lip kit next year, but I'm still undecided on what kit I like more.

Thanks for looking!
SixSpeeder likes this.

Last edited by av6_sm1ke; January 14th, 2013 at 09:22 AM..
av6_sm1ke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 10th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #2
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
Looking forward to seeing everything installed!
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by av6_sm1ke View Post
So I figured I might as well start a thread here to keep myself motivated and on track for the plans I have with the car. I'll post pics when I get home, but it's just a stock IS right now.

Took ownership of the car in the summer of '12. Since then I've picked up some small stuff like a roof spoiler, H&R springs, LED turn signal side mirrors, new DRL bulbs, Blitz front grille, RHOplate front license plate tow hook mount, new GFX exhaust tips. All of it is sitting in my basement right now, no use installing anything until the weather gets warmer.

Now looking into selling the H&R springs and the LED side mirror covers, and buying a set of AMR coilovers and 19s for this summer. Might look into a lip kit next year, but I'm still undecided on what kit I like more.

Thanks for looking!

Nice....is that an authentic Blitz grill...the CF one? If it is, that's pretty rare....and expensive.

Be careful with the coiloves and make sure you get them specific for the AWD. The RWD 350 ones will not fit due to the transfer case up front.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrmark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 14th, 2013, 09:26 AM   #4
Needs new paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmark View Post
Nice....is that an authentic Blitz grill...the CF one? If it is, that's pretty rare....and expensive.

Be careful with the coiloves and make sure you get them specific for the AWD. The RWD 350 ones will not fit due to the transfer case up front.
Ooops, just realized its not an authentic Blitz grill. I edited my original post to reflect that. Luckily I only paid $40 for it, so it's no big deal. I'll probably end up color matching it to the body anyway.

Yeah I made sure to order AWD specific ones from AMR. They'll have 11/9 spring rates to keep a sporty but comfortable ride. Thanks for lookin out though!
Old March 28th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #5

Tunedin
Ethanol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #6
Needs new paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethanol View Post
Tunedin
Oh thanks for bumping this thread for me. Almost forgot all about it lol

So a couple of updates:

Some complications arose with the AMR coilovers.. unfortunately because of a heavy workload put on Andy's subcontractors, he wouldn't be able to have my coilovers ready in time for summer. Not a big deal at all, and Andy was nice enough to take care of me. Instead I'll be going with Fortune Auto coilovers, and depending on how they ride, I'll either stick with them or sell them off and place another order with AMR over next winter.

I also had a set of Hella Supertones installed, roof spoiler, trunk spoiler, front lip and rear diffuser are sitting at home waiting for nicer weather (still need to order the sides), almost have all the pieces for my audio, new 19-inch tires are in, and SSR Werfens should be in my possession within the next couple of weeks. Also picked up a set of KYO-EI Dency 2000 wheel locks. My SSRs don't come off the car unless I want them to!

Can't wait to get everything installed!

Here's a quick shot of how she sits now (stock, on 16-inch aftermarket wheels with winter tires):

And a few random shots:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in