2005 Toyota Avalon, 3.5L 270HP? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2004, 10:16 PM   #1
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

2005 Toyota Avalon, 3.5L 270HP?

could be....

http://www.thecarconnection.com/inde...&sid=178&n=158

This is an artist sketch, not the actual car.

The current Toyota Avalon is often noted to have the quiet ride and interior comfort of Lexus sedans, but at a Toyota price. Despite that, the Avalon sells in relatively small numbers, possibly because the Toyota Camry is so much cheaper than the Avalon, or possibly because the Avalon has somewhat dated, squared-off styling. Word from insiders in Japan, however, reports that the next generation Avalon will have much more modern styling, with a long, rounded roofline sweeping into a high tail. The windshield slopes down to a fairly short, curving hood, and tall, narrow headlights sweep up the front fenders. The overall result is a thoroughly new, modern look for Toyota's flagship sedan.

Along with the new styling comes an upgrade to the latest Camry platform, since the current Avalon is now built on the last-generation Camry platform. The new Avalon will be stretched in length for extra interior room. Rear-seat legroom is said to be equal to or more than the big Lexus LS430. The engine will also be upgraded to a new 3.5-liter V-6 producing 270 hp.

This artist's sketch gives an idea of what this new, longer Avalon will look like when it is introduced for the 2005 model year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 25th, 2004, 08:21 PM   #2

I heard a hopeful rumor that the new Avalon would be RWD. Does anyone know if this is true?
ekpolk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2004, 08:41 PM   #3
Formerly VTEC-v6!

I highly doubt it.
Gone but not forgotten:
  • 2010 BMW 135i (500hp, JB4 w/ E85)
  • 2013 Honda Accord 4dr EX-L
  • 2002 Honda Accord 4dr EX-V6
  • 1999 Honda Accord 4dr LX
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 25th, 2004, 08:44 PM   #4

It's based on the Camry platform, which is setup for transverse engines and FWD or "light-duty" AWD only. So I'd say the rumor of RWD has very low credibility.

AWD is certainly a possibility, though. But I wouldn't want it standard. Adds too much weight, takes away from performance, and decreases gas mileage. Optional "maybe" but even then I really doubt it. The next-gen GS is supposed to have AWD standard, though.
Old March 25th, 2004, 09:51 PM   #5

not to make any rude or diss any comment about the avalon, but it does look like the latest gen of lexus es 300/330 front... however, the rear from that sketch from the side kinda looks like as if it looks similar to either the honda insight or the diamante or mirage look or maybe civic? nevermind... but still that's pretty cool info; now the looks are kinda getting more futuristic for the newer cars.
vvt-i is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2004, 09:53 PM   #6

It's just a sketch of what the car "might" look like, so who knows how it'll look.
Old March 27th, 2004, 03:12 AM   #7

Some interesting news .

Why would they make it more powerful than the ES330 though?

And that picture is a horribly rendered sketch of what it might look like. I think I see three different cars chopped to make up that pic (G35 front, Maxima side, Civic rear).

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2004, 09:33 AM   #8

it doesn't make sense. The 3.5 will be in the GS/IS and maybe even the SC (although I doubt it) so it'll be obviously a RWD mount position and transmission.

AWD is possible because in Japan, they have the AWD Camry (2.4 L only though... they don't offer the V6 over there). If anything, it will have the 3MZ (04-? V6) and not the IS/GS replacement engine.
xravexboix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 5th, 2004, 10:14 AM   #9
v6p gangster

Send a message via AIM to 01SILVERCOUPE
i dont believe till i see it

Mods
20 Inch Iforged Rev's Black With Polished Lip
Pioneer AVIC Z1 HDD/NAV/DVD
JWT Popcharger
5% Tint All Around
01SILVERCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2004, 03:22 PM   #10

The new GS series is going to offer awd, so it may be true that the new Avalon will offer the same. If you look at the pics of the new Lexus GS series, they look very very similar to the Avalon pics.
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2004, 08:40 AM   #11

This Avalon pic looks like a Prius + Mitsu Diamante or a Prius and Lexus GS blended together. I wouldn't be surprised to find a hybrid drivetrain like that of the RX400h.
Fuggedaboutid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in