Accord V6 Forum banner

Probably getting a 04 IS300 this week

3K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  VTECMAN 
#1 ·
Well I have been looking for a good car to lease. First it was a AWD G35. I went into the Infiniti dealer and they had a deal on them but after all said and done, someone lied to me and told me it came with the options I wanted when it didn't so the monthly payment went up a lot.

So after that I was pissed but still on the look out. I have been looking at everything from 300C, Accord, and even the Mazda 6.

Today I decided to go into the Lexus dealer and see what the residual and money factor was for them. The residual is low at 47% but the money factor is .0006 which is 1.5% APR. When all the calculations where done, the IS300 with the sports package is only $10 more a month then the EX coupe V6 Accord with a few option. I know it was a tough decision.

So the lease if for 42 months and about $370 a month. Not bad for a lexus.

This morning I was looking at the Accord section and I wanted to see what was going on in the Lexus section about IS's. I saw a few pics and thought to myself how I love this car not thinking I could get one. Now I am probably getting one by the end of this week.

Ok I am done, I had to get it out. I am happy :)

Thanks for listening, well reading.

See less See more
#4 ·
It is auto. I wanted a manual but I drive a lot in the city and city driving with manual is no fun. I don't really need a manual. I would if I want to put some mods on it but all I will probably do is wheels and maybe sometype of system but I had enough fun with mods on my lude. I am modded out for now, until I can efford a project car.

What is the full engine name of the IS300?

I will have to change my email address too: h22lude@cox.net :)

#6 ·
h22lude said:
It is auto. I wanted a manual but I drive a lot in the city and city driving with manual is no fun. I don't really need a manual. I would if I want to put some mods on it but all I will probably do is wheels and maybe sometype of system but I had enough fun with mods on my lude. I am modded out for now, until I can efford a project car.
Nice, the auto comes with the little shifter buttons on the steering wheel :D .

Have fun with it :) .

#7 ·
Yeah, my prelude has the same sort of thing. Not really going to use it that much. Maybe for the first month and then the excitment will wear off.

I plan on getting some nice snow tires. With the traction control and the new tires, it should be good in the snow. I also drive cautiously in the snow, and that is a big factor when it comes to accidents. Stupid people think they can't slip but you can even with snow tires.

My dad is calling tomorrow to try and get a lower monthly payment. I don't think he can because the price is about $400 over invoice now so it won't be that much less then $370.

I would love to pay less but seeing as I am in my last semester of college, I figure I am going to be graduating in 4 months, why not give myself an early gift.

#10 ·
Thanks for the info. Why wouldn't it have a 3 in there because it is 3 liter? Like the prelude engine is H22 for 2.2 liter or K20 and so on.

I really hope this doesn't turn into what happened with the G35. The problem with what happened with the G35 is the deal was on a piece of computer paper so there was no way I could go to the BBB and say, well they told me this one day and the next they said it wasn't true. The piece of paper didn't have any heading with the name on it. This time it is on a Lexus Worksheet with the monthly payment circled and the guys name is on it so if I go back in a day or two and ask for the same price and they say we never said that, I have the sheet.

I can't wait

#11 ·
i'm not sure... toyotas is different for some reason? for example, the ls400/430/celsior or probably the 400's/430s in the gs/aristo it's in the 1uz series. then there's the camry from the 2002, they went from the 1mz series for their 3.0 liter, now they have the 3.3 for the 3mz like the rx330 and i think the highlander.
not sure how they created the numbers or the result for those engine, but not all are the same like you've mentioned h22 2.2 or b18 1.8 and so on.

maybe stevtec knows? :confused:

#12 ·
#13 ·
So my dad went to see the car and try and get the price down some more. He loved it. When I talked to him, he told me the car salesman told him the price he quoted me was for the non sport design edition but he told me the price was with it. So he is calling him back now and try to straighten everything out.

#14 ·
Plumaccordcoupe said:
The 2jz-gte engine in the Supra was cast iron. The IS300 uses an aluminum version of the same engine.
2JZ-GTE: Iron block, Iron head
2JZ-GE: Iron block, aluminum head

I wish Toyota would have gone to an all aluminum setup. It could have lightened the car by as much as 100 lbs and improve overall performance. The better strength of the iron block only matters to the handful (relatively speaking) that are putting turbos on them. Aluminum blocks can still hold a decent amount of boost anyways.

#19 ·
Ok well it didn't happen yesturday because my application didn't go through because I need a co signer. But today at 5:30 my dad and I are going and signing all the paper work and driving the car home.

I guess I don't make as much money per year as they want so that is why I need a co signer. Maybe if I told them I am graduating college in Decemeber and will have a better paying job it might have gone through but oh well.

#20 ·
h22lude said:
Ok well it didn't happen yesturday because my application didn't go through because I need a co signer. But today at 5:30 my dad and I are going and signing all the paper work and driving the car home.

I guess I don't make as much money per year as they want so that is why I need a co signer. Maybe if I told them I am graduating college in Decemeber and will have a better paying job it might have gone through but oh well.
Well? :D

#21 ·
I got my IS Thursday night. It is such a nice car. The dealer said to wait 600 miles before I open it up a lot so I haven't felt the full power yet. I have 300 on it now, it had 50 when I got it. I drove a lot yesturday. I should have 600 soon and I will see what it has.

For now I am keeping it stock. The sound system is nice. I might put on some wheels but thats it. It looks good as is

#22 ·
h22lude said:
I got my IS Thursday night. It is such a nice car. The dealer said to wait 600 miles before I open it up a lot so I haven't felt the full power yet. I have 300 on it now, it had 50 when I got it. I drove a lot yesturday. I should have 600 soon and I will see what it has.

For now I am keeping it stock. The sound system is nice. I might put on some wheels but thats it. It looks good as is

besides the decision of rims; have you decided whether or not if you're going to lower your car with springs or coilovers or whatever? just wondering. :)
by the way, congrats with your new IS, and since i'm lazy to scroll and read the previous post what color is the new Lexus?

#23 ·
I might lower it but the stance now is really nice. The suspension is very tight and holds the road well.

Black on Black, the only way to go with an IS. I went to the dealer today to get the dealer name removed from my trunk and I looked around at the other colors and didn't like them as much. Black on any car looks clean.

#24 ·
I am on my second IS and the dealer both times told me that there is no need to break the car in. I was told to drive it like I stole it.

Also, they said it takes the auto 500 miles to adapt to your driving style. They said if you drive it like a granny, it will be a slower car than if you cut it loose. They said that this didn't apply to the stick. Fact or fiction, I don't know. Just passing on my experience.

Congratulations on the purchase. You won't be disappointed.

#25 · (Edited)
h22lude said:
I might lower it but the stance now is really nice. The suspension is very tight and holds the road well.

Black on Black, the only way to go with an IS. I went to the dealer today to get the dealer name removed from my trunk and I looked around at the other colors and didn't like them as much. Black on any car looks clean.
You got the sports pacakge? You got black/black is that a special one? When i went they only had black on white leather. The thunder storm (dark grey) was the only IS they had with black leather.

Any pictures yet? I wouldn't mind seeing the black/black interior.

Also, to get $370.00/mo how much down is that $5,000 (including first month payment/Acq/etc.)?

Just curious as the numbers aren't adding up.

I just purchased a 04 IS 300 w/ Sports Pacakge, LSD, wing, etc. so it would be cool to see what others are paying :up:

#26 ·
It is called sports design. Yes it is black on black with black emblems.

I put down first payment, security and all the other things you have to put down. I didn't put anything down to lower my payment. The deposit in RI for lexus is high because of a law suit going on which sucks. It is also high in NY. Anyway, I put down $2000 and my monthly payments are $372 for 42 months. The residual was low but the money factor was aslo very low which made it a really good lease.

I don't have any interior pics yet. Here are a few bad exterior pics with a guage pic. I will get a seat pic soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.