[I]noob in the house[/I] - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2004, 11:18 PM   #1

Wink [I]noob in the house[/I]

Evening all.

I'm from Portland and drive a white 93 Camry Sedan with a 3z-fe.

Now you understand my frustrations,
amerikim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 11th, 2004, 11:26 PM   #2
Senior Moderhater

Send a message via AIM to abram2001
whats wrong with that? I drive the same exact car... but mine is burgundy. You gotta love that 4 cam setup
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 11th, 2004, 11:28 PM   #3
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Welcome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 11th, 2004, 11:42 PM   #4
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Welcome to the site

The 3z-fe is a tough engine. Let's just say that stock 6th gen AV6 owners should look out for them, especially off the line.
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 15th, 2004, 10:58 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Vigo
unfortunately i dont know what that means, hah.. is 93 the same generation that started in 89 i guess?

ive driven both 4 cylinders and v6s of that generation pretty extensively, both perfectly decent for the period, still really solid cars too.

the 4 cylinder ones make me wonder, how hard would it be to turbo those? packaging looks like a breeze, but dont they use a flapper style maf? would that pose problems?

the v6 ones make me wonder if the later 3.0 block is a drop in?

got pics?
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 15th, 2004, 11:16 PM   #6
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo
unfortunately i dont know what that means, hah.. is 93 the same generation that started in 89 i guess?
93 is the second year of the 3rd gen Camry that debuted in the 1992 model year
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 15th, 2004, 11:23 PM   #7
Senior Moderhater

Send a message via AIM to abram2001
if you goto toyotanation.com there are a few people that are turbocharged, and a few other goodies out there. These cars can take a good punch. I am currently on 160k miles and still going strong. No major issues yet, the only thing that went early was a timing belt around 60k. But I think that is common with alot of the 93-97 owners.
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 3rd, 2004, 01:44 PM   #8

Sup Kim!

Just came across this board in a Google search. When my tranny swap is done it's time for exhaust. Working under my car so much made me realize just how bad that stock Y-pipe is. Hmm I wonder if wontonjohnny is ever gonna dyno his. Actually I wonder if I'm ever gonna dyno mine

Keep reppin' the NW!
mobes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 7th, 2004, 10:42 PM   #9

Hey Mobes :)

Yup, I think the 3VZ-FE is a decent engine but it is tough to find anything for the sucker. Not going to turbo it, but finding anything performance is my main pain. Been searching for performance headers or tip to tip exhaust system for a loooong time.

Mobes: been following your 5 speed transplant with great interest. No, I am not doing it myself as I already bought a rebuilt. More power to ya. I googled this too. When you going to post your pictures?
Dude - you got pictures of your Y-pipe? Everytime I see that thing in my car my neck hair stands on end. It's got to be hurting performance big time. They must have designed that part late friday afternoon, 5 minutes before quitting.
You back in Oregon yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobes
Sup Kim!

Just came across this board in a Google search. When my tranny swap is done it's time for exhaust. Working under my car so much made me realize just how bad that stock Y-pipe is. Hmm I wonder if wontonjohnny is ever gonna dyno his. Actually I wonder if I'm ever gonna dyno mine

Keep reppin' the NW!
amerikim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 7th, 2004, 11:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikim
Yup, I think the 3VZ-FE is a decent engine but it is tough to find anything for the sucker. Not going to turbo it, but finding anything performance is my main pain. Been searching for performance headers or tip to tip exhaust system for a loooong time.

Mobes: been following your 5 speed transplant with great interest. No, I am not doing it myself as I already bought a rebuilt. More power to ya. I googled this too. When you going to post your pictures?
Dude - you got pictures of your Y-pipe? Everytime I see that thing in my car my neck hair stands on end. It's got to be hurting performance big time. They must have designed that part late friday afternoon, 5 minutes before quitting.
You back in Oregon yet?
The 5 speed is in. Now I'm waiting on a rear mount/jackshaft bearing carrier to come over on a frickin boat from Japan. The car drives but I'm scared to drive it when my passenger axle can fall out at will. I do know that I can start out slow and step on the gas at around 30 MPH/4000 RPM in first gear and it will spin the tires . The torque gains with the lightweight flywheel and more efficient tranny are definitely there. This thing is gonna be fun to drive when I'm back down at sea level. Right now I'm in Montana for school. I won't be back in Oregon until next May.

My dual tip eBay muffler will be here tomorrow, and a 'hi-flow cat' (resonator) for a 97-03 Maxima is on its way as well, I x-refed the part numbers on an aftermarket cat site and found the 97-03 Maxima uses the same size cat as we do. I don't have a Y-pipe just yet, I'm still running the stock one. I think I will make one over x-mas break when I have unlimited access to a lift and MIG welder. I e-mailed a couple places about getting exhaust made for our cars, but I didn't get any response. It would be nice to have a $235 header option and $170 cat-back like the Ford Probe V6 has. The design is very similar to what we would need.
mobes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 13th, 2004, 08:58 PM   #11
V6 -> I4 -> I6

Send a message via AIM to HwaNi.J30A-C
Join Our People-less Northwest Chatper. Please. We Want To Have A Meet, And We Don't Got People.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Lemme See Some V6p Members In Real Lifeee!!!!!!!!!!!!
HwaNi.J30A-C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in