Supra back in 2007, WTF ??! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 17th, 2005, 10:43 PM   #1
Banned

Supra back in 2007, WTF ??!

So i went to edmunds.com, and looked at the future car lineup, and they are saying the supra will come back in 2007.

i read Bivic's thread, but that was about the Lexus's supercar, apparently the supra will have two engine options, the 3.5 V6, or the 4.3 V8 from the SC430.

BTW sorry if this is a repost.

here is the link SUPRA
Lxcord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 18th, 2005, 07:35 PM   #2
Lexus ***ociate Discount!

Send a message via AIM to xravexboix
False information...

Toyota does not have plans for the return of the SUPRA. It will, however, launch a new sports car soon...

The LF-A is a Lexus, not Toyota. It will be launched as a Lexus vehicle, not Toyota (worldwide)
xravexboix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 18th, 2005, 08:47 PM   #3

DER! Yes the supra IS COMING BACK, its just not dubbed the supra anymore as far as i know, i forget wut theyre calling it. My friend is already saving money to purchase it. Itll be selling in the 50g's region. It is a 500some odd HP HYBRID! yes, hybrid! crazy sh!t, fast as sh!t, the new supra IS THE Sh!t.

-and as the for the lexus toyota thing, its the same damn thing! Toyota is the mother company and everyone atleast in this forum should know that.
V8Stangkilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 18th, 2005, 11:33 PM   #4
DjC
6th gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Stangkilla
DER! Yes the supra IS COMING BACK, its just not dubbed the supra anymore as far as i know, i forget wut theyre calling it. My friend is already saving money to purchase it. Itll be selling in the 50g's region. It is a 500some odd HP HYBRID! yes, hybrid! crazy sh!t, fast as sh!t, the new supra IS THE Sh!t.

-and as the for the lexus toyota thing, its the same damn thing! Toyota is the mother company and everyone atleast in this forum should know that.
DjC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2005, 10:47 AM   #5

Quote:

i work for Lexus and I think I know that...

I'm saying that Lexus has been called "Just a Toyota" and they are trying to get away from that... hence the releases as I stated....

The 500 HP hybrid is the LS

The LF-A sports car IS NOT A HYBRID. It's a 4.5L V8 (maybe 10... not sure)
Old March 19th, 2005, 01:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xravexboix
i work for Lexus and I think I know that...

I'm saying that Lexus has been called "Just a Toyota" and they are trying to get away from that... hence the releases as I stated....

The 500 HP hybrid is the LS

The LF-A sports car IS NOT A HYBRID. It's a 4.5L V8 (maybe 10... not sure)
ahh i get the toyota thing, but as for the sports car thing, y are they calling THAT the "new supra" when most ppl i kno refer to the 'new supra' as that hybrid car u referred to as the LS? or are most of the ppl i kno just ignorant?
Old March 19th, 2005, 04:57 PM   #7

Quote:
ahh i get the toyota thing, but as for the sports car thing, y are they calling THAT the "new supra" when most ppl i kno refer to the 'new supra' as that hybrid car u referred to as the LS? or are most of the ppl i kno just ignorant?
The LS is the hybrid that will have 500 HP. That's what I meant.

The 500 HP sports car (LF-A) is not a hybrid. I have the photoshoot stat picture at home... I'll take a pic and upload for your viewing pleasure.
Old March 19th, 2005, 06:07 PM   #8

Quote:
The LS is the hybrid that will have 500 HP. That's what I meant.

The 500 HP sports car (LF-A) is not a hybrid. I have the photoshoot stat picture at home... I'll take a pic and upload for your viewing pleasure.
i understand that, my question is originally i was told the hybrid version (the LS) was supposed to be essentially the 'new supra' NOT the LF-A, now the article u have posted refers the LF-A as the 'new supra'.......so which is it???
Old March 19th, 2005, 09:19 PM   #9
Banned

Quote:
False information...

Toyota does not have plans for the return of the SUPRA. It will, however, launch a new sports car soon...

The LF-A is a Lexus, not Toyota. It will be launched as a Lexus vehicle, not Toyota (worldwide)

Why would edmunds lie, some other reliable sources also quote the return of the supra...

I don't get it, so Lexus plans to build the LF-A to compete agianst what?? The Skyline?? I think its a big mistake on Toyota's part to not revive the supra.. They don't have a single serious sports car in their line up. And yes i am aware of the celica, and the MR2, i just don't consider them to be "serious"
Old March 19th, 2005, 11:46 PM   #10
OG from waaay back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxcord
Why would edmunds lie, some other reliable sources also quote the return of the supra...

I don't get it, so Lexus plans to build the LF-A to compete agianst what?? The Skyline?? I think its a big mistake on Toyota's part to not revive the supra.. They don't have a single serious sports car in their line up. And yes i am aware of the celica, and the MR2, i just don't consider them to be "serious"
Well think of it this way. Lexus is now being sold in Japan as their high end vehicles. A Supra under any other name would still be a bad ass car - right? So if to push sales of the "new" Lexus name in Japan - why not make the new expensive sports car under the Lexus name. Regardless of it saying Lexus or Toyota - it would still be their muscle car. Who cares what the name is - Toyota/Lexus needs to have a muscle car soon to compete with the heavy push for the Japanese sports cars that died out in the late 90's. With the Z, the Skyline, the Evo, the STi and the Rotary coming back... they need something fast.

I have no insight on this car except this would not be the first time I seen it wrapped up in spy pics. This is actually a really bad shot of it. There are a lot more out there that you can see it in better detail.

Like this one and this one!

There is no badges or anything saying what it is - Edmonds, Car and Driver, they are all in the dark until Toyota wants them to know... unless someone can pull off the garbage bags

Patience and we will know. Hell no one really knew what the IS looked like until they reveiled it. You think they will let this out? This would be a bigger secret than the IS in my mind.

My $.02
G.J. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2005, 11:58 PM   #11
Banned

Gotcha ya.

But the reason i would prefer the "toyota" version of the supra is obviously it would be cheaper stateside, probably competing agianst the corvette, wheras if lexus built its own version, its gonna be be >$60G , so that throws out any chance of affordability.
Old March 20th, 2005, 12:05 PM   #12

From a worker at the Toyota factory in Canada

1ST: The avalon motor is not going in solaras util wither the 07 or 08 models. the 06 are hitting floors on april 1st, with nothing new but a 5spd auto tranny as the difference.

2ND: The avalon motor will go into the 07 rav 4, yes the rav 4 will have this badass v6. its going to be a bigger suv, more similiar to the highlander. highlander will grow in size more similiar to honda pilot/ 4 runner. 4 runner will possibly replace landcruiser, which will be exclusivley a lexus 470.

3RD: MR2 not comming back anytime soon, they are working on the super car for a modest $100-150k featuring a possible 3.0 V10/12, the new "supra" 500hp @ around $30k.

the first two are deffinates, the last is still in the possibility stages.
------------------------
End quote...
I think he meant "THE NEW SUPRA" will be the 3.0L engine. The LF-A engine is the JGTC research engine (V8, new version of the current 4.3L, but bored out and is naturally aspirated!!). They are looking at the Ferrari view of life... Ferraris were only made to fund Enzo's racing habits... and in turn, the new Ferraris were street-legal race cars. Toyota is only taking on this "Super Car' project because a lot of statements have been made that Lexus doesn't have anything to truely compete with the super sports line seen from Benz (McFRICKINLaren), Ferrari (any model lol), Porsche (Carrera GT) or any other TRUE EXOTIC car... this high price tag is to ensure some exclusivity to the vehicle which will attract the exotic lovers that wanted a true Japanese exotic... The NSX is the most exotic looking sports car (IMO) offered in Japan... the Skyline simply looks too "normal".

So ya... I think the guy I quoted misinterpreted the 3rd statement... 500 HP for 30K is just bad marketing, not realistic, and most likely NOT happening =P

https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
plug? yes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Go check it out. Feedback (and purchases) would be awesome =]

Last edited by xravexboix; March 20th, 2005 at 12:17 PM..
Old March 22nd, 2005, 08:02 PM   #13

Supra w/ 500hp only $30+ ARE YOU SERIOUS????
Igotvtec04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 22nd, 2005, 08:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotvtec04
Supra w/ 500hp only $30+ ARE YOU SERIOUS????
if you read my whole post, you see i said he probably said that in error... the lexus sports car will be 500 hp while the supra will be just over 300
Old March 29th, 2005, 04:23 PM   #15
V6 -> I4 -> I6

Send a message via AIM to HwaNi.J30A-C
3.0liter and 500hp @ 30g, every other household in the nation will have one.
it better not be 30g. I don't want to see that kinda nice car everywhere.
HwaNi.J30A-C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2005, 04:26 PM   #16
On the Battle Field

Send a message via AIM to FOX_MagiCDragoN
The 500hp Supra myth came from the Spy Pictures in Gemany when the car was in fact a Concept of the Lexus LF-A. That car is speculated to cost around $60-$80. The v6 Toyota Supra that has no solid background on any statistics is expected to be around 300hp and not only out perform the 350Z but also out do it on price as well and expected to be around $30 grand but I'm not sure exactly where with in that figure. The v8 Toyota Supra again has no solid background on any statistics but is expected to be slightly modified and push over 350hp and be priced in the low $40 grand.

You can read more about the whole myth of the Toyota Supra here:
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=51177

Sorry for not including the speculated horse power of each version of the Supra but there is plenty of information in that Post none the less...

ADDED
Actually I just noticed that I already had the speculated horse power of each version of the Supra already in my post!
END OF EDIT

Last edited by FOX_MagiCDragoN; March 29th, 2005 at 04:30 PM..
FOX_MagiCDragoN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in