2007 (Mark V) Supra *SPECS, RELEASE DATE* - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 31st, 2005, 11:39 PM   #1
Lexus ***ociate Discount!

Send a message via AIM to xravexboix
2007 (Mark V) Supra *SPECS, RELEASE DATE*

Scheduled for Early 2006 Calander year release, 2007 Model year.

Styling:
A modern take on the original 2000 GT (70s sports car).
Will be the most aerodynamic non-exotic production vehicle ever produced

Performance:
3 Engine grades, 2 Drivetrain configurations:

RWD (3):
Base: 3GR-FSE - 3.0L N/A 260 HP V6 using Direct Injection (Most likely the GS carry-over)

Mid: 2GR-FSE - 3.5L N/A 315 HP V6 using Direct Injection (Most likely the IS 350 carry-over)

High: 2GR-FSE + Hybrid (1 drive motor on rear axle): 3.5L N/A Hybrid using Direct Injection coupled with the RWD hybrid drivetrain (seen in the GS 450H) creating around 365 HP

- All the above mentioned engines will be coupled to the 6-Speed Automatic (Plans for a 6-Speed manual, but will only be avail via special order)

AWD (1): Fully loaded model only, limited production, special order only

4GR-FSE + Hybrid (4 drive motors, one per wheel!!)
2.5L N/A hybrid using Direct Injection coupled with the AWD system that will be found on the LS Sport series (1 drive motor per wheel, 75 HP per motor) which translates into 300 HP Hybrid + 200 HP Engine = almost 500 HP
- 6 Speed Auto is the current plan, possible 7 speed auto (deciding to make a world transmission of Lexus exclusive 7-Speed) No manual transmission was announced

---

Suspension:
Type not specified

Adjustable damper/rebound rates via touch-screen controller. The range will be from soft sport to track setting. (An advanced TEMS system). Presets will be avail. alongside 4 user customized settings.

A new KDSS system (look at GX 470 for explaination of KDSS) will be applied (sports car version) to enable the use of a large diameter sway bar without over-comprimising ride quality (it's a sports car, who cares!) which will also be incorporated into the advanced TEMS system.

---

New Interior Features:

HUD Display (projector onto the windshield) of "gauge information" (gauges will be hidden, a buton can be pressed to turn off the HUD and open the gauge panel) - Helps the driver see more

Touchscreen Navigation screen, able to control suspension/sway bar settings. A programmed is installed in the navigation unit to help determine lateral G and suggest suspension tuning tips (like GT4? lol)

Various carry-overs that currently exist (auto climate, 8-disc changer w/ mp3, JBL premium, etc)

---

Best Features:
HID
Remote Start
Smart key Access
Targa Top! Yay! Definately a Supra-must!!

APRIL FOOLS!!!! You know you all loved reading all that anyway =P

Last edited by xravexboix; March 31st, 2005 at 11:41 PM..
xravexboix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 1st, 2005, 06:18 AM   #2
Tofu Delivery Boy

Send a message via AIM to The_Tofu_Shop
nice. too bad i didnt believe you from the start.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Andy 2
SoCal Pride

G-Spec Points: 40
The_Tofu_Shop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 1st, 2005, 10:05 AM   #3

but that's probably the most realistic choices from the current Toyota engine/trans set and outlook. =P (probably no awd hybrid though)

Old April 1st, 2005, 02:20 PM   #4

I hope it won't be a heavy car, otherwise 315 HP is not enough and current M3 will beat the sh*t out of it.
Av6Ent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 1st, 2005, 05:34 PM   #5
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
i dont think the M3 would be it's target. that's what will put it in deeper sh!t (viper, vette, ford GT) i, much like tofu, think this is horse****. i'm gonna go ahead and wait for a headline on my autoweek that reads, "NEW Toyota Supra!". then i'll pay closer attention.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 1st, 2005, 07:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeeder
i dont think the M3 would be it's target. that's what will put it in deeper sh!t (viper, vette, ford GT) i, much like tofu, think this is horse****. i'm gonna go ahead and wait for a headline on my autoweek that reads, "NEW Toyota Supra!". then i'll pay closer attention.

Don't you guys see the APRIL FOOLS part on the bottom? =x 2 of 2 forums = blind members lol
Old April 1st, 2005, 09:17 PM   #7
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeeder
4/1
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 2nd, 2005, 12:53 PM   #8
clean and simple

Send a message via AIM to whiteaccordcoupe
lmao... i was laughing when you added 300 hp from the hybrid motor and 200 from the engine to have 500... lmao
whiteaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 2nd, 2005, 01:13 PM   #9
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
that's why i didn't believe a damn thing
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 3rd, 2005, 02:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteaccordcoupe
lmao... i was laughing when you added 300 hp from the hybrid motor and 200 from the engine to have 500... lmao
Actually... that is a fact...

THe current plan for the next gen LS hybrid is a 4 motor hybrid (1 per wheel) on top of the V8 (dunno which V8, I assume the next V8, which is rumored to be 4.6L)

They are currently "testing" it on a SC 430 (600H) because the back seat is such a joke that they are just throwing a huge batter pack there... but this is just for hybrid testing, this SC 600H will never see the streets.

The LS 600H (assuming this SC testing works out) will be the only V8 hybrid from Lexus (aside from the upcoming LX hybrid drivetrain).

I go to RX 400H training classes in a few more weeks... so ya... I'll let you guys know if that project is working out.

The new replacement for displacement for Toyota seems to be Hybrid =P
Old April 4th, 2005, 02:59 AM   #11
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Pretty well thought out April fools joke .

Quote:
Originally Posted by xravexboix
The new replacement for displacement for Toyota seems to be Hybrid =P
That seems to be the same for Honda as well .

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 4th, 2005, 02:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumaccordcoupe
Pretty well thought out April fools joke .
I wrote it on-the-fly with knowledge I have of our upcoming cars... =P

Isn't Honda "renting" Toyota's technology?
Old April 5th, 2005, 02:11 AM   #13
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
Isn't Honda "renting" Toyota's technology?
No, the Honda IMA hybrid system was developed at Honda's R&D centers in Japan and is currently manufactured in Honda's Saitama and/or Suzuka factory. Ford and Nissan are the ones borrowing Toyota's Synergy hybrid system.

Just an FYI .

Old April 5th, 2005, 02:16 AM   #14

Quote:
No, the Honda IMA hybrid system was developed at Honda's R&D centers in Japan and is currently manufactured in Honda's Saitama and/or Suzuka factory. Ford and Nissan are the ones borrowing Toyota's Synergy hybrid system.

Just an FYI .
Thanks! I didn't remember... the RX 400H handout we got (last July) contained info of all the current/upcoming hybrids... most were crap ones... then half were Toyota technology based and then there were a few upcoming ones that'll be good in a few more years
Old April 5th, 2005, 12:56 PM   #15
yo!

Send a message via AIM to RedImpact#1

;-)
RedImpact#1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 5th, 2005, 01:04 PM   #16
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks! I didn't remember... the RX 400H handout we got (last July) contained info of all the current/upcoming hybrids... most were crap ones... then half were Toyota technology based and then there were a few upcoming ones that'll be good in a few more years
A list of upcoming hybrids from every manufacture? If so, can you type up that list or scan it so that I can see it? Thanks in advance .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedImpact#1

;-)
Here you go:

Old April 5th, 2005, 01:29 PM   #17

04 Civic - Mild Hybrid
04 Insight - Mild Hybrid
04 Prius - Full Hybrid
06 RX 400H - Full Hybrid - FWD or avail AWD w/ 2nd electric motor in rear
05 Accord - Mild Hybrid - Honda's first V6 application of IMA
05 Ford Escape - Full Hybrid - FWD w/ RWD capability
05 Silverado - Mild Hybrid, Diesel-electric, mobile power generator
05 Sierra - Mild Hybrid, Two 110V outlets in cab and bed (for tools and stuff)
05 Highlander - Full Hybrid, FWD or avail 4WD-i w/ 2nd elec. motor in rear
05 Dodge Ram "Contractor Special" - Mild Hybrid w/ DOD, Diesel/electric, mobile power station for work/recreational use
06 Nissan Altima - Full Hybrid, Nissan has licensed Toyota's PREVIOUS generation hybrid system
06 Saturn Vue - BAS
07 Chevy Equinox SUV - BAS
07 Chevy Tahoe - DOD
07 GMC Yukan SUV - DOD
07 Chevy Malibu - BAS

DOD - Displacement on demand... aka a real electric supercharger =P (no, not really forced induction, but same result), the hybrid just adds power when you need it (flooring it, high load, etc)

BAS - Engine starts and stops to be as efficient as possible

---------

My bad... I thought more were using the Toyota system... I know Porsche is trying to lease it also... but they want the current generation, not the previous like Nissan.

Information from RX 400h Hybrid Insider Volume 2 via www.Lexus-eShowroom.com

Last edited by xravexboix; April 5th, 2005 at 01:34 PM..
Old April 5th, 2005, 05:15 PM   #18
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Biased advertising, the Civic and Accord are not "Mild Hybrids", they are full hybrids just like the Prius and RX400h. Thanks for the list though .

Quote:
DOD - Displacement on demand... aka a real electric supercharger =P (no, not really forced induction, but same result), the hybrid just adds power when you need it (flooring it, high load, etc)
DOD (Displacement on Demand) is cylinder deactivation. It shuts off one row of cylinders under light loads (cruising). The AV6 Hybrid has cylinder deactivation which helps improve highway mileage. This is something the RX400h doesn't have and is the main reason why its highway mileage is worse than its city mileage.

Old April 5th, 2005, 05:22 PM   #19

Quote:
Biased advertising, the Civic and Accord are not "Mild Hybrids", they are full hybrids just like the Prius and RX400h. Thanks for the list though .

DOD (Displacement on Demand) is cylinder deactivation. It shuts off one row of cylinders under light loads (cruising). The AV6 Hybrid has cylinder deactivation which helps improve highway mileage. This is something the RX400h doesn't have and is the main reason why its highway mileage is worse than its city mileage.
Toyota is flossing Performance Hybrids that get better gas milage, not true gas sipping hybrids as seen in the last generation Prius (which was lame lol)

That's good to know though... I haven't seen the sheet in a while because I didn't give too much of a rat's ass about the RX 400H.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in