Annoying BEEP on Seatbelts. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2005, 04:55 PM   #1

Annoying BEEP on Seatbelts.

Anyone know how to disable the VERY annoying beep to let you know that you forgot your seatbelt.

HELP.
wowgeeves is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 13th, 2005, 05:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowgeeves
Anyone know how to disable the VERY annoying beep to let you know that you forgot your seatbelt.

HELP.
Most cars have a wiring harness connected to the buckle. Unplug the harness and no more light or beeping.
EX V6 Slusher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 9th, 2005, 02:23 PM   #3
President & GC of V6P.Net

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
Ask your Toyota Service to disable the beep. They should be able to do it by reprogramming system.

Dizzy
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 9th, 2005, 02:54 PM   #4

are u not a fan of seatbelts or something? its supposed to be annoying so u will put your seatbelt on to shut it up. And im not sure if toyota technitians will be allowed to disable the seatbelt reminder for liability concerns. but i could be wrong, just an educated guess.

good luck unbeeping it
Raddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2005, 02:39 AM   #5
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddy21
are u not a fan of seatbelts or something? its supposed to be annoying so u will put your seatbelt on to shut it up. And im not sure if toyota technitians will be allowed to disable the seatbelt reminder for liability concerns. but i could be wrong, just an educated guess.

Now if only automobile manufactures could figure out a way to keep people off their cell phones while driving .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2005, 03:03 PM   #6

I actually wear my seatbelt ALL the time, however, I sometimes have trouble getting the passenger to buckle up in time before I plant the load pedal into the pile carpet. Anything over 5 mph sets off about 45 seconds of bing, bing, bing,... you get the idea.

I asked the Toyota dealer during my first free oil change and inspection about this and they said they would not touch and did know from whence the beep came. Attorneys like myself, I am sure are responsible for this thing...

Trust me, I represent people hurt in MVAs. I have only seen one case in which an unbelted person was better off for not having worn a seat belt, the other 99.99% are worse off. I digress....

With regard to cell phones, get the new Motorola MPx220 with Bluetooth headset. Hands free, feet free, etc. Slightly safer, but people wonder if I am talking to myself, but what's new!!!!

Almost found the limit of adhesion on the new Av last night, took a pretty good curve about 70. Was exhilirating though!!!!

Later--
wowgeeves is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in