4Runner Throttle Body Spacers? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2005, 10:20 PM   #1

4Runner Throttle Body Spacers?

I was just looking to see what I could do to increase the perfomance of my 4Runner and I found some throttle body spacers. I couldn't find any info about them except from companies which were trying to sell them so I was wondering if anyone has had experience with them and new if they actually work and are worth the 80-100 dollars.

The company claimed 22 horsepower gains which is obviously not true. If anyone has put them on the 3.4 liter Toyota motor or any vehicle for that matter I would like to here your opinion.

Thanks for your responses. I am also interested in finding a good site to order performance products for my truck.

Jeff Rogers
Jeff Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 22nd, 2005, 09:34 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to robbyx_209[9]
hey bro... go to this site, get the phone # and talk to dean... www.eperfpro.com ... last month they were on sale for $40... 2 of my buddies bought them for their 4runners (one was a 96 and the other was a 97 i think) ... for gains you're only lookin' at maybe 2-5 HP for the 4runner... but they said their 4runners run smoother and a lil bit stronger... but for $40 it's definitely worth it...

hope this helps....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
robbyx_209[9] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2005, 12:53 AM   #3

Yeah thanks for the info I will check it out. I have been having a hard time finding info about tuning the 3.4 motor. I remember reading about a celica drag car that used it and almost any motor made by Toyota has the potential for mods. Plus there is a lot of room under the hood. I am planning on doing a lot to my 4runner. I will post about any big projects I do so people can compare and learn from it.

jeff
Jeff Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 23rd, 2005, 11:41 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to robbyx_209[9]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Rogers
Yeah thanks for the info I will check it out. I have been having a hard time finding info about tuning the 3.4 motor. I remember reading about a celica drag car that used it and almost any motor made by Toyota has the potential for mods. Plus there is a lot of room under the hood. I am planning on doing a lot to my 4runner. I will post about any big projects I do so people can compare and learn from it.

jeff
yea do that man... cuz i know my friends would want to know too.. but let me know how the TBS goes.... =robby=

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
robbyx_209[9] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2005, 10:26 AM   #5
President & GC of V6P.Net

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
Ever consider the TRD supercharger kit? the throttle spacers will help keep things a bit cooler. That's where you get those small gains.

Throw on a cold air intake, cat back exhaust and new headers. There are tons of mods you can do w/ ur 4Runner.

Dizzy
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in