2005 ES330 w/ Premium Plua Package $34k OTD - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 21st, 2005, 11:15 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to alteregopo
2005 ES330 w/ Premium Plua Package $34k OTD

Hey guys, I am helping a family friend purcahsing a 2005 ES330.
The best price I've found so far is $34k OTD (8.25% tax)
Has anyone gotten a better price than this?
I think its a great price since Edmunds says TMV is 33k (w/o tax and fees)
What do you guys think?

Please dont provide comments on ES330 is not as nice as GS or stuffs like that
The car, the color and everything else was decided by "her."
I am just helping her to get the best price I possibly can.

Po
alteregopo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 21st, 2005, 11:24 AM   #2

not bad it seems. i just checked carsdirect and their price is 30,923 +TTL (so like 33.8 probably).
trapshot68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 21st, 2005, 11:27 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to alteregopo
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapshot68
not bad it seems. i just checked carsdirect and their price is 30,923 +TTL (so like 33.8 probably).
30,923 only??
M.S.R.P is $35,469 on this vehicle
Did you add the premium plus package?
The Premium Plus Package includes (I think)

High-Intensity Discharge Headlamps (HID) with dynamic auto leveling (includes rain-sensing variable intermittent wipers)
Additional Options:
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- 6-Disc In-Dash CD Auto Changer
- Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
- Power rear sunshade
- 17" Alloy wheels with summer tires
- Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)

Po

Last edited by alteregopo; July 21st, 2005 at 11:40 AM..
alteregopo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 21st, 2005, 12:23 PM   #4

Send a message via ICQ to willshire Send a message via AIM to willshire
The carsdirect price is "no-haggle". The packages are just added on after you negotiate the price (which you won't have to).
willshire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 8th, 2005, 04:39 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to brakeboy Send a message via Yahoo to brakeboy
Not to poo-poo the choice but a Camry SE has the same motor. 5AT, VSC, 6 disc in dash, heated perforated leather (ok - prolly not Lexus leather), tuned suspension yada-yada

I have one - it is like no other Camry ever.

I paid about 25k OTD iirc
brakeboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 8th, 2005, 06:04 PM   #6
RKV

my mom just picked up a 2005 ES330, she has High-Intensity Discharge Headlamps (HID) with dynamic auto leveling (includes rain-sensing variable intermittent wipers), heated and ventilated front seats, 6-Disc In-Dash CD Auto Changer, Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob, Power rear sunshade, 17" Alloy wheels with summer tires, Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks). every option except NAVI. they said MSRP is 38K, she got it for about 34 I think. so not a bad deal, just make sure it comes with everything loaded. i heard the 06 will be a new model, so should be a lot of bargaining. btw, the camry is probably nice, but it DOES NOT look as good as the lexus, sure the top of the line share the same engine, but u dont get the same customer support, and the ES330 is not that nice lookin, the camry is even worse looking. its like saying the CL-S and accord are the same car. i have a friend(girl) with the new camry, interior is not as nice, seats arent as plush like the lexus ES, its a step down in leather, dash, wood, etc etc, the paintjob is nowhere near it.
RKV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 8th, 2005, 06:52 PM   #7

I agree that the Lexus has a nicer interior, wood steering wheel etc. and so forth. My point was that as the chassis are obviously the same the fact that you can now get a Lexus quality motor and a 5AT for almost 10 k less presents a nice value. (in the SE only btw...the LE and XLE still have the 190 HP 3.0 dog and iirc a 4AT)

The Camry has a CAI and strut bar stock - hauls ass for a Camry - has trunk room for plenty of crapola, can go around a turn w/ out falling over etc......
I thought it was a MUCH better deal than an 04 Maxima (I hate the cheap feel of Nissans - sorry) which I looked at first.

Both cars are nice though - not much competition for what you get. The Legacy GT turbo - had it been out - would have been my first choice.

Sorry to hi-jack
Old August 9th, 2005, 10:01 AM   #8
A turbo says

Send a message via ICQ to Toysrme Send a message via AIM to Toysrme Send a message via Yahoo to Toysrme
Cool

Ask your question on LOC, and CL in the ES sections where you'll actually find an ES owner...
Toysrme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 9th, 2005, 06:39 PM   #9

You might want to look at the new Avalon before you make your decision!!!
Lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 9th, 2005, 07:14 PM   #10

good point
Old October 1st, 2005, 12:37 AM   #11

Took delivery of 2006 ES 330 yesterday ( for wife ) at $37K OTD...premium plus pack ...Xenons, rear shade, 17's...wood steering...all very nice...seems nicer and quieter than my MB 2003 E500...and about 1/2 the price with all the E500 add ons, but different use of course....could have gotten same package ES 2005 for $35K OTD....almost bought the 2006 Accord but dealer here wanted MSRG plus 10% juice as new...and another dealer who offered $27K on 2006 EX refused to participate in American Honda special lease incentive ( low rate ) meaning a cash deal or get my own financing....new Honda looked great with the 17's and 50 series tires.
808Accord7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 29th, 2005, 07:06 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to J30A02
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Accord7
Took delivery of 2006 ES 330 yesterday ( for wife ) at $37K OTD...premium plus pack ...Xenons, rear shade, 17's...wood steering...all very nice...seems nicer and quieter than my MB 2003 E500...and about 1/2 the price with all the E500 add ons, but different use of course....could have gotten same package ES 2005 for $35K OTD....almost bought the 2006 Accord but dealer here wanted MSRG plus 10% juice as new...and another dealer who offered $27K on 2006 EX refused to participate in American Honda special lease incentive ( low rate ) meaning a cash deal or get my own financing....new Honda looked great with the 17's and 50 series tires.
37k wow thats a lot, i hope you got navi or something. that is quite a bit for an ES
2005 Classic Silver Metallic ES330
J30A02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 11th, 2005, 11:28 PM   #13

I could not get Nav in Hawaii on the ES..

Yes, $37K OTD and no Nav....dealer said no Nav in Hawaii on the ES. We sure like the car though...very quiet...your 19 inch rims look great....what else have you done? How is ride on the 19's? Does it turn better?
Old November 12th, 2005, 10:28 AM   #14

Quote:
Yes, $37K OTD and no Nav....dealer said no Nav in Hawaii on the ES. We sure like the car though...very quiet...your 19 inch rims look great....what else have you done? How is ride on the 19's? Does it turn better?
ooooo you are in Hawaii...yeah i don't think the nav works right in hawaii. it rides pretty well on 19"s with 35 series tires. i already got a nail in one of them that is non repairable...only after 400 miles...handles pretty nice. i also have 2 7inch screens in my headrests. 2500k yellow fog lights, im thinking about putting my 8000k HID or keep the 2500k yellow. i plan on lowering my car soon and also getting another set of wheels. i want to get some big blades for the "luxury" look and keep my axis mod for the "sporty" look
Old December 2nd, 2005, 11:35 PM   #15

Can you post some photos of your car when you lower it then tell everyone what parts you used, drop etc....thanks.
Old December 3rd, 2005, 01:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Can you post some photos of your car when you lower it then tell everyone what parts you used, drop etc....thanks.
sure man, as far i could find there is only another 2005 that is lowered. he lowered his car on tanabe nf210, which is what i plan on going with because seems like the only reasonable choice right now. he says it rides pretty well, and it is not slammed that you have a hard time going over speed bumps and drive ways lol
Old December 3rd, 2005, 01:52 PM   #17
Lexus ***ociate Discount!

Send a message via AIM to xravexboix
The Tein SS (that was designed for the Gen 4 Camry/Gen 1 Solara) actually fits the Gen 5 Camry chassis... it should also work w/ the 05 ES. You may want to check that out =P
xravexboix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 3rd, 2005, 03:36 PM   #18

i understand that there are quite a few interchangeable parts for camry and ES as they are both based on the same platform. if tein, which is what i hope to be able to get, had made it for the 5th gen camry then it would be a thought, but iunno, using a 4th gen camry suspension.....i don't want to go too extreme with my lex, thats what my CRX and accord is for but thanks for the input
Old December 3rd, 2005, 11:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by J30A02
i understand that there are quite a few interchangeable parts for camry and ES as they are both based on the same platform. if tein, which is what i hope to be able to get, had made it for the 5th gen camry then it would be a thought, but iunno, using a 4th gen camry suspension.....i don't want to go too extreme with my lex, thats what my CRX and accord is for but thanks for the input
my friend is running it on his 03 =P

Yea... I'd keep the Lex as stock as possible... not worth paying that much and having a noisy car =P
Old December 4th, 2005, 02:36 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by xravexboix
my friend is running it on his 03 =P

Yea... I'd keep the Lex as stock as possible... not worth paying that much and having a noisy car =P
interesting....you say your friend has this on his 03 es330? is the TEIN part number DSL16-KUSS2? and what do you mean by noisy? how well did the instal go? was it just like doing it as if the kit was made for the ES or did he run into problems? if it works for an ES i would definitely get the TEIN SS over any spring setup any day! please could you verify the part number with your friend and how the instal went. imma go check out if the 02-04 had the same suspension as the 05. i notice tein also has the SS kit for the solara 04+ part number DSL68-KUSS2, why didn't he opt for that one instead?

Last edited by J30A02; December 4th, 2005 at 02:40 AM..
Old December 4th, 2005, 01:05 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by J30A02
interesting....you say your friend has this on his 03 es330? is the TEIN part number DSL16-KUSS2? and what do you mean by noisy? how well did the instal go? was it just like doing it as if the kit was made for the ES or did he run into problems? if it works for an ES i would definitely get the TEIN SS over any spring setup any day! please could you verify the part number with your friend and how the instal went. imma go check out if the 02-04 had the same suspension as the 05. i notice tein also has the SS kit for the solara 04+ part number DSL68-KUSS2, why didn't he opt for that one instead?
He bought it from his friend's Gen 4 Camry after a test fit... so he got it cheaper than a new kit would have run =P
Old December 5th, 2005, 01:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by xravexboix
He bought it from his friend's Gen 4 Camry after a test fit... so he got it cheaper than a new kit would have run =P
do you know what the item number is? how did his instalation go?
Old December 22nd, 2005, 01:37 PM   #23

well for those that asked for pics, here it is. my 05es330 lowered with tanabe NF210 F 1.5" R 1" with axis 19" Se7ven mod. The overal tire diameter is smaller than oem.
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...34#post1638534
Old January 10th, 2006, 11:04 PM   #24

Wow! Nice. How is the ride and turning? I think those are great photos and I like the look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in