"Cheat code" for the new IS - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2005, 01:41 AM   #1

"Cheat code" for the new IS

Found this on VXVortex anyone else hear about this?
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2302292

BTW drove the is250 today and was pretty impressed and liking it. Gonna have to go back and test drive the 350 beast....
Spektor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 21st, 2005, 01:56 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to nycsam786
lol really interesting, dont forget to print your cheat code out so you can remember it
nycsam786 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2005, 02:03 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Accord_V6_400m
I'm so test driving a Lexus IS350 when I get the chance

I'm so going to bet a sales guy that I can burn out in the IS350
Accord_V6_400m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 26th, 2005, 10:05 AM   #4
Lexus ***ociate Discount!

Send a message via AIM to xravexboix
some sales guy in texas let his customer do a burn out... ended in a rail... $24k damage to the car LOL

It only turns off TRAC and VSC. All other functions remain on after inputing the cheat code. To totally disable all other systems you need to use the test tool. People don't really understand how it works =P They just pretend to.
xravexboix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 26th, 2005, 08:12 PM   #5
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

oh sweet!

It's still out of the running though. Tiny friggin azz back seat.
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 27th, 2005, 10:57 PM   #6

Damn I know I said I didn't like the IS250/350 but it is growing on me! My dad is trying to convince me of selling my recently acquired S2k (Only had it for a month and only 6k on the dial!) i don't know! the interior is really nice! but still I just got my car. Wish I can keep both...What would you guys do?
mookow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 27th, 2005, 11:38 PM   #7

Send a message via ICQ to Mitsume Send a message via MSN to Mitsume
are you going to mod the S2k or keep it stock? if keep it stock, i rather get the IS350!
Mitsume is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 28th, 2005, 12:18 AM   #8
AV6.com Veteran

i approve of the successor to my car.
kayotik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 28th, 2005, 12:24 AM   #9
Oh yeah!

lol thats crazy
mYsTiKLeGeNdZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 28th, 2005, 12:54 AM   #10
constantly in pursuit

Send a message via AIM to hammer03
haha, waaaaay to go toyota...
hammer03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 28th, 2005, 06:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsume
are you going to mod the S2k or keep it stock? if keep it stock, i rather get the IS350!
Was going to just add new wheels, but I don't know anymore. And it won't be the IS 350, it will be the 250. Test driving it tomorrow so we will see.
mookow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2006, 12:31 PM   #12

I got my IS350 back in late November and I'm loving it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by caymandiver75; January 4th, 2006 at 12:34 PM..
caymandiver75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2006, 01:58 PM   #13

nice i heard a rumor tats theres gonna be a 2dr soon..i could be wrong though
G35TwinTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2006, 06:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35TwinTurbo
nice i heard a rumor tats theres gonna be a 2dr soon..i could be wrong though
It's still speculation... but it'll be announced at the upcoming autoshows if it'll become a reality... if it does... I'll be putting off the sedan for the coupe hahaha...

Chances are that the coupe will be offered BUT only with the 3.5L (or bigger engine!).

The "CHEAT CODE"'s official title is: " Chassis Dyno TRAC Off Input ". It's used for dyno'ing the cars.
Old January 4th, 2006, 09:45 PM   #15
935WikedAccord

Send a message via AIM to 935DragAccord Send a message via Yahoo to 935DragAccord
Quote:
Originally Posted by xravexboix
It's still speculation... but it'll be announced at the upcoming autoshows if it'll become a reality... if it does... I'll be putting off the sedan for the coupe hahaha...

Chances are that the coupe will be offered BUT only with the 3.5L (or bigger engine!).

The "CHEAT CODE"'s official title is: " Chassis Dyno TRAC Off Input ". It's used for dyno'ing the cars.
I'm such a Toyota fan as I own one. OMG that'd be soo hot in a coupe form. Most of the time if the Sedan's look hot a coupe will be just gorgeous. I love what Toyota/Lexus has done with the tails the most getting rid of the chrome. Looks more luxurious.

caymandiver75 that's a beautiful 350. Does it come with rear back up sensors? I can see some dimple on the bumper.
935DragAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 5th, 2006, 07:08 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 935DragAccord
I'm such a Toyota fan as I own one. OMG that'd be soo hot in a coupe form. Most of the time if the Sedan's look hot a coupe will be just gorgeous. I love what Toyota/Lexus has done with the tails the most getting rid of the chrome. Looks more luxurious.

caymandiver75 that's a beautiful 350. Does it come with rear back up sensors? I can see some dimple on the bumper.
Thanks DragAccord! Yeah it comes with front and rear proximity sensors, which really make parking in the garage all the easier. hehe Also has a camera right above the license plate that displays my rear bumper area when I throw it in reverse to help in parallel parking and to make sure nothing is hiding back there like kids when backing up. So far I'm loving the car. Just anxious for some aftermarket parts to become available. Would love a slightly stiffer suspension, a larger rear sway bar and some power adders. Just sitting back and being patient for now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
caymandiver75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 5th, 2006, 11:36 AM   #17
935WikedAccord

Send a message via AIM to 935DragAccord Send a message via Yahoo to 935DragAccord
NP James I love seeing cars that come factory already looking clean. That's a nice list of cars you used to own. Seriously? so it's built in with navi and shows an image of your plate? Or did you mean something that has to do with alignment and license plate when backing up. I got confused for a second. The sport package is that like upgrades to do with the exterior and wheels. If I know Toyota on the Celica the first time they introduced a aftermarket kit it was called the TRD kit in Japan which was very rare when the brought it to the U.S. it was practically a stock component on the vehicle for the next following years. Which later they called it Action Package. Ruined it for all the people who went JDM when the Action Package came out. Following year they re-introduced the Celica with a newer look discontinuing all the TRD parts slowly never giving the Celica a chance to power it's Yamaha motor and Lotus buying away the 2zz Celica GT-S motor as they built it and tuned it at it's peak. Really sad how Toyota gave up on the Celica and never gave us a chance even for a Supercharger. Which is why they have the Corolla Type S, Matrix XR those are built on a Celica GT platform 1ZZ motor and can accomodate the TRD supercharger. Celica's have had it's problem with the supercharger Toyota has. Problems not being able to fit under the hood for clearance especially which is why I see Toyota making those other roomy cars with more power. They offered a Blitz supercharger but only for the 2ZZ and it's very rare you'll see many Celica's with it on the streets. As I own one but it has had it's problems with re-calls, when the 6spd first came out it was so hype tranny's blowing due to mis-shifts, it's a very sensitive car especially if you've boosted one and be ready to invest 2 times the amount of your KBB value of your vehicle. Toyota's very great at designing sporty looking cars, especially when the vehicles aren't even moving. Toyota took the Celica was short lived and went out with a bang I must say and brought over some Scions and a entire luxurious Lexus line up from the ES, IS, GS, ES, S.U.V's. I really look forward to them doing something really innovative and not following the drift tread but bringing out another Super car to dominate in it's class like when the Supra was around. When I first saw the design of the Celica it had to grow on me but later eventually I fell in love with it. I mean it's not a Supra for sure due to the lack of power but they handle like a dream. Being a Celica owner I will say they are good sports cars if you treat them right but they aren't Super Cars just yet.

Anyway, it's amazing how technology advanced so fast on cars. Good and bad things tho with all the electronics with the motor. I know for a fact most Toyota's from 02-03 are ran drive by wire no more throttle cables, run on coil packs, and other highly technical electronics that restrict you. I blew a few coil packs on my Celica leaving me stranded it's a real quick easy fix though just pop on in and go off your way. At first I figured and wondered what happened an found on one cylinder was getting no. heh. I'm dying to see when the Toyko Auto Salon event coverage comes up for 06 can't wait. I'm sure they'll be something in store for the is350. Waiting for the market to come up for that vehicle with ya and hoping it's another hit!
Old January 5th, 2006, 01:16 PM   #18

Toyota abandoned the VVTL-i technology due to emissions... in turn, they also abandoned (for now) the G-spec head due to emissions... but it resulted in dual VVT-i (too bad it's not as nice as Double VANOS) and FINALLY bringing over direct fuel injection. The 1.8 in the Celica (forgot... 1zz-ge?) was Toyota's attempt at creating an engine in a 'race' fashion... it was tuned for peak power and had just enough torque... which results in highers revs which, in turn, creates slightly more emissions.

I think Toyota is just becoming more economically conscience (although they have been for the loooooooooooooooooongest time) but we're still benefiting in the end.

THe sports package has a 1/2 inch drop front and rear (lol), hid, afs, aluminum trim, the 'performance' 18" wheel package and... I think that's it. It's almost the same as the Luxury package which has wood trim, same 18" wheels, illuminated door sills, rear sunshade, etc... the prices are about the same when loaded though (MSRP $45K-46K) with the Lux package being slightly more.
Old January 5th, 2006, 08:57 PM   #19
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Cool!

But I don't understand why you have to do all of that just to turn off everything but ABS. In a many Honda and Acura vehicles, you just hit the VSA button to shut off everything but ABS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC
It's still out of the running though. Tiny friggin azz back seat.
But at least the front seats don't match the size of the back seats like on the old IS300 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookow
Damn I know I said I didn't like the IS250/350 but it is growing on me! My dad is trying to convince me of selling my recently acquired S2k (Only had it for a month and only 6k on the dial!) i don't know! the interior is really nice! but still I just got my car. Wish I can keep both...What would you guys do?
The IS250/350 is a great car but in a few months, everyone and there grandmother is going to be driving around in one. IMO, keep the S2000 for at least a year and wait and see if another car on the horizon catches your eye. And besides, its not like you currently own a Geo Metro .

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 5th, 2006, 11:04 PM   #20
935WikedAccord

Quote:
Originally Posted by xravexboix
Toyota abandoned the VVTL-i technology due to emissions... in turn, they also abandoned (for now) the G-spec head due to emissions... but it resulted in dual VVT-i (too bad it's not as nice as Double VANOS) and FINALLY bringing over direct fuel injection. The 1.8 in the Celica (forgot... 1zz-ge?) was Toyota's attempt at creating an engine in a 'race' fashion... it was tuned for peak power and had just enough torque... which results in highers revs which, in turn, creates slightly more emissions.

I think Toyota is just becoming more economically conscience (although they have been for the loooooooooooooooooongest time) but we're still benefiting in the end.

THe sports package has a 1/2 inch drop front and rear (lol), hid, afs, aluminum trim, the 'performance' 18" wheel package and... I think that's it. It's almost the same as the Luxury package which has wood trim, same 18" wheels, illuminated door sills, rear sunshade, etc... the prices are about the same when loaded though (MSRP $45K-46K) with the Lux package being slightly more.
Seriously, you're telling me CA emission standards are strict. Anyway, I know what you mean about the higher revving motor. Yap close enough. = 1zz-fe 1.8 vvt-i . 2zz-ge = vvtl-i.

Those are some great options for a nice price. That's so awesome aluminum trim no need to get a aftermarket dash kit then. Nice choice to compliment your vehicles color. Love OEM h.i.d's no need to retro. The door handles are really clean. I can't wait for a option oem kit to come out even though it looks so smooth just the way it is!
Old January 6th, 2006, 12:46 AM   #21

I drove my boy's 350 its a beast & handling is impressively tight. I want get the same xenon interior bulbs for the accord.
03ondubs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in