How hard is it to install Factory Navi in 05 Solara SLE V6? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10th, 2005, 09:55 PM   #1
Got navi?

Send a message via ICQ to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via AIM to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via Yahoo to Fuggedaboutid
How hard is it to install Factory Navi in 05 Solara SLE V6?

Hi folks, I am considering getting my brother a used or new factory navi system less than $1400 US including trim kit. What exactly is involved? Can I use existing harness and just add the antenna, etc or do I need to yank out the old JBL harness and find a new/used navi-compatible one? I hope this isn't as complicated the installing factory navi as the Acura/Hondas are.
Fuggedaboutid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 10th, 2005, 10:23 PM   #2
Bri
Car Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Bri Send a message via AIM to Bri
it will be pretty involved because of all the disassembly and electrical connections that have to be made but it's fairly straight forward nonetheless.

Where can you get this NAV unit at that price? Can you hook me up as well? I'll forward you the link of instructions for installation in Sienna's... it should be similar to the Solara's as they are using Solara NAV Units...
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 10th, 2005, 10:26 PM   #3
Got navi?

Send a message via ICQ to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via AIM to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via Yahoo to Fuggedaboutid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri
it will be pretty involved because of all the disassembly and electrical connections that have to be made but it's fairly straight forward nonetheless.

Where can you get this NAV unit at that price? Can you hook me up as well? I'll forward you the link of instructions for installation in Sienna's... it should be similar to the Solara's as they are using Solara NAV Units...
I will PM you the links/methods as you probably already know them.

How long did it take you to install the nav system and what wires did you have to rip out or cut?

Old December 10th, 2005, 11:59 PM   #4
Bri
Car Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuggedaboutid
I will PM you the links/methods as you probably already know them.

How long did it take you to install the nav system and what wires did you have to rip out or cut?
I haven't done it.. Planning to do it in the near future. I'm currently in the reading/researching phase.

Can you hook me up with the NAV unts?
Old December 11th, 2005, 12:19 AM   #5
Formerly VTEC-v6!

I was considering doing the same conversion..but started to realize that I could easily get an aftermarket system from pioneer or eclipse that lets me watch movies and play x360+ps2 as well
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 11th, 2005, 01:35 AM   #6
Got navi?

On Toyota, what does the Navi system do/control? I know Navi mapping/GPS and voice recognition for that, but does it do anything like those in Acura/Honda where you can tell it to change the temperature, etc?

Bri: I will PM you links when I can dig them up.
Old December 11th, 2005, 08:46 AM   #7
Bri
Car Enthusiast

Quote:
On Toyota, what does the Navi system do/control? I know Navi mapping/GPS and voice recognition for that, but does it do anything like those in Acura/Honda where you can tell it to change the temperature, etc?

Bri: I will PM you links when I can dig them up.
thanks bro!!!
Old December 11th, 2005, 10:42 AM   #8

For that price you should consider a Pioneer AVIC D1 it's better and I have an 05 Camry and considerd doing a factory nav and it wasn't worth all the disassembly and aggravetion so I bought the D1.
wht/accord99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 11th, 2005, 03:13 PM   #9
Got navi?

Wht/accord99v6, I always assumed for Toyota that factory was just plug and play aside from buying the gps antenna and microphone for voice recognition. I thought someone on V6p did the swap buy now lol
Old December 11th, 2005, 04:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Wht/accord99v6, I always assumed for Toyota that factory was just plug and play aside from buying the gps antenna and microphone for voice recognition. I thought someone on V6p did the swap buy now lol
For the most part it is but for the price it's not really worth it,but that's only my opinion the Toyota Nav is made by Fujitsu Ten aka Eclipse
Old December 11th, 2005, 04:11 PM   #11
Got navi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wht/accord99v6
For the most part it is but for the price it's not really worth it,but that's only my opinion the Toyota Nav is made by Fujitsu Ten aka Eclipse
ah ya I had an idea abt the Fujitsu Ten making it. I just didn't know if it means its crap or if the navi unit is just navi with voice like the new Honda/Acuras have voice controlled climate control/etc.
Old December 11th, 2005, 04:59 PM   #12

It's not crap at all just not worth the swap.
Old December 11th, 2005, 06:51 PM   #13
Lexus ***ociate Discount!

Send a message via AIM to xravexboix
get the eclipse unit... it's better than the OEM Toyota navi (since it's Gen 5, as found in the new IS) and will cost a little more... but it made to be integrated into something like this... it'll be harder to integrate an OEM version into the car that isn't ready for it... there are more sensor inputs required than you probably think... good luck though
xravexboix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 11th, 2005, 07:02 PM   #14
Got navi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xravexboix
get the eclipse unit... it's better than the OEM Toyota navi (since it's Gen 5, as found in the new IS) and will cost a little more... but it made to be integrated into something like this... it'll be harder to integrate an OEM version into the car that isn't ready for it... there are more sensor inputs required than you probably think... good luck though
Hey Raveboi.

I should get an aftermarket Eclipse is what you are saying? Or are you saying to get the Lexus version?

Btw, I didn't realize that the Toyota installation would be as much or more work than the Honda/Acura Navi. At least Honda/Acura have voice controlled climate control, not sure what Toyota has.
Old December 20th, 2005, 07:25 PM   #15
Lexus ***ociate Discount!

Send a message via AIM to xravexboix
Quote:
Hey Raveboi.

I should get an aftermarket Eclipse is what you are saying? Or are you saying to get the Lexus version?

Btw, I didn't realize that the Toyota installation would be as much or more work than the Honda/Acura Navi. At least Honda/Acura have voice controlled climate control, not sure what Toyota has.
The Toyota Navigation is the Toyota Gen 4 navi. The current version is Gen 5 (only in the IS, so far). Then g4 is basically just a graphical improvement over g3. Bluetooth is added to some gen 4 models (Lexus ES/RX/LS/LX). The climate control is independent from the audio/navi system.

The wiring harness found w/ a navi equipped vehicle is completely different from what you will find in the non-nav version. The main ECU has specific outputs for the NAV ecu. You will be able to install the navigation w/ basic functionality, but it will never perform as well as one from the factory. That's why I'm recommending to get the Eclipse versions. Eclipse (Fujitsu-Ten) designed the Toyota navi units. Toyota has been a partner w/ Fujitsu-Ten from the start (F-Ten w/ Toyota sponsorship created the first in-car cassette deck). Eclipse is just the aftermarket brand name of F-Ten. Those kits are designed to be aftermarket and are more easily integrated into the OEM wiring (mainly speed sensors). That way, you don't have to tap too many wires so the system can be removed w/o any (almost) trace of install.

I can get the wiring diagrams for you if you need them though...
xravexboix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in