2007 Camry - 268HP (3.5L) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 14th, 2005, 10:10 AM   #1
335i coupe

2007 Camry - 268HP (3.5L)

2007 Camry - 268HP w/ 3.5L 6AT

America's best-selling car is redesigned for 2007, getting new styling, more power and features, and, for the first time, a gas/electric hybrid model. Camry retains the same overall length as the 2002-2006 version, but adds 2.2 inches to wheelbase and cuts height by nearly an inch.

Base-model curb weight is up some 175 lb. New features include standard instead of optional curtain side airbags. The line consists of a price-leader CE trim level, volume LE, sporty SE, and luxury XLE.

All come with a 158-hp 2.4-liter 4-cyl engine and a 5-speed manual transmission or a 5-speed automtic. LE, SE, and XLE also offer V6 versions with a 268-hp 3.5-liter and a 6-speed automatic transmission. Camry's previous most-powerful V6 had 210 hp and used a 5-speed automatic.

Both '07 automatics include a manual shift gate.

The Hybrid teams a special 2.4-liter 4-cyl gas engine with a battery-powered electric motor for 192 net hp. It teams with a continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT) providing near-infinite drive ratios. Like Toyota's smaller Prius hybrid, Camry's automatically drives on either or both power sources, depending on conditions, and requires no plug-in charging. Antilock 4-wheel disc brakes are standard for all models. So are front torso side airbags, head-protecting curtain side airbags, and, for the first time, a driver's knee airbag.

The Hybrid adds antiskid/traction control that's available for other models. SEs come with 17-inch wheels, the other models with 16s. SEs also have a firmer suspension, and specific trim inside and out. The Hybrid also has unique interior and exterior trim. A split folding rear seat is standard except on SE and Hybrid, which have a fixed seat with center pass-through. Leather upholstery is included on the V6 XLE, available for the 4-cyl XLE and the SE. A navigation system with CD changer and wireless cell-phone link is optional for SE and XLE, as are heated seats. A new-to-Camry keyless-entry/starting system is included on Hybrid and available for V6 XLE.

Last edited by v6pmemba; December 14th, 2005 at 10:30 AM..
v6pmemba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 14th, 2005, 10:22 AM   #2
335i coupe

Old December 14th, 2005, 10:29 AM   #3
335i coupe

Old December 14th, 2005, 10:33 AM   #4
335i coupe

Old December 14th, 2005, 10:35 AM   #5
Pedal damn it

Send a message via AIM to whoagorgeous
i still don't like their TOYOTA emblem in the front. Don't like that headunit either...

but nontheless, cool

for a Camry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

whoagorgeous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2005, 10:38 AM   #6
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
whats up with the prosches
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2005, 10:47 AM   #7
530whp soon

My mom will get this V6 with 268HP with I'm sure decent low-end torque and solid automatic. No more Honda V6 autotragic ever in my family

'06 GTO 4-speed AUTO (Monaro conversion)
New setup: Forged 408ci (6.7L) All-motor coming - 53Xwhp/50Xwtq
Old time [email protected] . Best trap - 123.4mph

'11 BMW X5 twin-turbo
'02 J32A2 AV6 - [email protected] (sold)
02AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2005, 10:53 AM   #8
7th Gen ACcord

wow.. it looks awesome. big props to toyota. their cars are looking better. makes me wonder what the new corolla gonna look like.
xjdMb16a2six is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2005, 11:13 AM   #9
ex scientia vera

Wow, they hit a home run with this one! That looks A LOT better than the current generation IMO. The height reduction is key. The first pics at least show what modding potential it has. How about a navigation option? Did I miss that in the article?

-1 for the radio/HU controls, but I'd also like to see some night shots before passing final judgement.

Overall!

V6P.net Rules&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]"> |
Image Posting How-To&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]"> |
Signature Rules&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Last edited by kramer2k; December 14th, 2005 at 01:09 PM..
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2005, 11:58 AM   #10

Send a message via AIM to Waterp7
dang there must be a huge passenger car war coming in the next few years. More HP, more HP, more HP.... pretty soon we'll see 300+HP camrys and accords.

haha...looks good tho
Waterp7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2005, 01:05 PM   #11

reminds me of a miniturized avalon. the gear shift is the same. But I like it. Looks very nice. IMO the front end is somewhat wierd but I think that I just need to get used to it.

Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2005, 01:08 PM   #12
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Red02AccordV6
wow, that looks VERY nice! I see a bit of GS styling in that. But, where's the leather seat?? Also, yea, the headunit sucks, and the interior looks too pain.
Red02AccordV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2005, 01:11 PM   #13
Formerly VTEC-v6!

I like
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2005, 01:20 PM   #14
POSSIBLE FRAUDULENT SELLER

Send a message via AIM to maying856 Send a message via MSN to maying856
Wow, thats very nice, the camrys are starting to look more like "performance/sport cars" now rather than a mommies car. Toyota is just owning the automobile industry, props to them!
maying856 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2005, 03:02 PM   #15
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

All I have to say is...

Honda better do a good job on the 8G Accord, or they're in serious trouble
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2005, 04:15 PM   #16

this is one camry i would drive daaamn..anyone know where i could get rims like that for a 4banger 6th gen? Racing harts only come in silver/machined...
sonnieeeeboi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2005, 05:16 PM   #17

it looks like a hyundai, imagine w/o the rims
Igotvtec04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2005, 07:14 PM   #18
7th Gen ACcord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH23
All I have to say is...

werd.

i hope the final version will look like this one. i dont like the grill on the 2nd pic.

and the more i look at the interior, it looks kinda like the new IS interior .
xjdMb16a2six is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2005, 07:20 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to BlueTigerCoupe Send a message via Skype™ to BlueTigerCoupe
I agree...Honda betta do sumthin for the 8th G. Makes me wonder what Toyota has up it's sleeve with the Supra. Will it live again?
BlueTigerCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2005, 11:09 PM   #20
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Instead of being very conservative like on previous generation Camryís, it looks like Toyota is taking a chance with the next gen Camry. And besides that front grill, the rest of the car looks very sporty and appealing. The V6 engine seems too good to be true though. Why would they drop the same 3.5L V6 from the Avalon into every Camry V6? A modified version of the current 3.3L V6 would make more sense. But one question remains, where did the info come from? All Iíve been able to find is this somewhat credible source, and it doesnít mention much about the V6.

http://www.carpages.ca/go/autonews/t..._for_2007.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH23
All I have to say is...

The 8th gen Accord has a few key areasí to work on, including initial quality and drivetrain dependability (a.k.a. a better A/T that can handle stock HP/TQ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTigerCoupe
I agree...Honda betta do sumthin for the 8th G. Makes me wonder what Toyota has up it's sleeve with the Supra. Will it live again?
Seeing as how Toyota/Lexus has injected a good deal of power into the IS350, Avalon, and probably the 2007 Camry; there is a good chance we will see a Supra sometime soon.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 15th, 2005, 12:04 AM   #21
Formerly VTEC-v6!

They won't be reworking the current 3.3 because Toyota/Lexus is phasing out the 3MZ motor. The GR series motor is the new V6 platform for toyota, and thus it makes sense it would be a carryover from the avalon. Remember that the people who buy the avalon aren't buying it to be a performance car, its a near-luxury car with a bit of stank under the hood. The camry is made to be the family car/sport sedan, and there's no reason to spend a bunch of money detuning a perfectly good (and powerful) engine. Think Nissan's implementation of the VQ. Make something awesome, stick it in everything it fits in

Go Toyota
Old December 15th, 2005, 12:13 AM   #22
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC-v6!
They won't be reworking the current 3.3 because Toyota/Lexus is phasing out the 3MZ motor. The GR series motor is the new V6 platform for toyota, and thus it makes sense it would be a carryover from the avalon. Remember that the people who buy the avalon aren't buying it to be a performance car, its a near-luxury car with a bit of stank under the hood. The camry is made to be the family car/sport sedan, and there's no reason to spend a bunch of money detuning a perfectly good (and powerful) engine. Think Nissan's implementation of the VQ. Make something awesome, stick it in everything it fits in

Go Toyota
So I'm guessing the IS250's engine is part of the GR series? Makes sense, but even Nissan has some variations between the VQ engines. Regardless, I'd still like to know where this info for the V6 engine came from.

Old December 15th, 2005, 08:01 AM   #23
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

I don't particularly care for the exterior. It looks like a boat, but being parked next to Porsches probably didn't help either, and the front-end sorta looks like an Infiniti FX which looks fine on an SUV but weird on the Camry. What little of the interior seen looks like typical Toyota blandness. Didn't quite get to see the rear very well but it 'looks' ok. I'm not much for styling, but there's not really much there that excites me, which I guess is as Toyota intended. As for the modded photoshops, I don't count those because the production version will look nothing like that and you can slam, tint, and put big wheels on any car.

Engineering wise, I'm not crazy at all about the 175 lb base weight gain. That'll make the 4-cylinders even slower and the handling and braking even worse unless they upgrade rubber and brakes all around. The 192hp 4-cylinder hybrid sounds nice but it won't perform like a gen4/5 3.0L 192hp V6 Camry because it'll have a ton of extra weight to pull around and not even a CVT will fully compensate for that. The 3.5L V6 is nice though , especially with a 6spd automatic. But if the car isn't getting a solid low-30 mpg on the hwy I probably won't even consider it.

So I don't understand what all the hype is about.

I Googled for the source articles on Treehugger.com and they're here:

http://www.google.com/search?hs=iIZ&...om&btnG=Search

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 15th, 2005, 08:24 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumaccordcoupe
So I'm guessing the IS250's engine is part of the GR series? Makes sense, but even Nissan has some variations between the VQ engines. Regardless, I'd still like to know where this info for the V6 engine came from.
IS250 = 4GR-FSE (2.5L GDI)
GS300 = 3GR-FSE (3.0L GDI)
IS350 = 2GR-FSE (3.5L GDI)
Avalon = 2GR-FE (3.5L Port Inj)
4Runner = 1GR-FE (4.0L Port Inj)

It looks like it got linked on autoblog.com and then got linked/copied over to treehugger.com or vice versa. It's unofficial so the final specs could vary.

To the best of my knowledge Nissan uses the same exact block design for all of their VQ V6 engines from 2.0 to 3.5L displacements. That includes 2.0, 2.3, 2.5, 3.0, and 3.5L variants. IIRC they extended the block deck height for the 4.0L version since it's a super stroker motor so that's not quite the same but still very similar with minimal added cost. They may shave down the block a bit for the sub-3.0L versions as far as I know though to save weight. It's still way cheaper to make small modifications to 1 architecture than to have two completely different engine lines.

And as far as power outputs go, especially on the VQ 3.5L engines, they can pretty much give an engine any power characteristics they want by playing with the intake manifold, head design, cams, and then the exhaust setup, all on the same architecture. That explains how you have 3.5L V6 engines with power output ranging from 240 to 300. Honda's J35 engine has also gone from 205 (gen2 Odyssey) to 290 (RL) also.

I have not been tracking the Nissan tech forums, but there appears to be two different VQ35 types. One is 240-260hp and has a more economy oriented head design and lower output and this is a "Gen II" design. The other is 275-300hp with a high performance head design but poorer efficiency and this is a "Gen III" design. The original G35 with 260hp would fall into the 275-300 range because it was under-rated.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

Old December 15th, 2005, 08:40 AM   #25
Brawn GP > RBR Renault

Ahh another new Toyboat.
Looks better than the previous Camry.
drkangel348 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 15th, 2005, 08:46 AM   #26
335i coupe

Toyota debuts the official 2007 Camry specs/pics on Jan 6. 2006
But these are more realistic pics. Nothing to rave about but better then current one.

Source: http://www.treehugger.com/files/2005...icial_spec.php

Still 3.5L V6 and 268HP despite some added weight it should run faster then current Accord V6 due to .5L difference and much stronger powerband.
And we know how reliable Toyota's auto transmissions are, not POS Honda.
Old December 15th, 2005, 05:58 PM   #27
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC
So I don't understand what all the hype is about.
It's the top selling car in its class. The second rumors and pictures for the next generation model show up, people take notice. And right now, the competition in the mid-sized family sedan class is getting really stiff. The Ford Fusion and Hyundai Sonata are two new threats that Toyota has to take into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC
I Googled for the source articles on Treehugger.com and they're here:

http://www.google.com/search?hs=iIZ&...om&btnG=Search
Thanks

Old December 15th, 2005, 06:05 PM   #28
Formerly VTEC-v6!

The ford fusion looks like the preludes fat cousin...
Old December 15th, 2005, 06:25 PM   #29

There are a lot of Ford products I would seriously consider buying if only they would get their ish together and get their new 3.5L V6 out the door. Fusion looks way better than this fat camry.
Old December 15th, 2005, 06:26 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumaccordcoupe
It's the top selling car in its class. The second rumors and pictures for the next generation model show up, people take notice. And right now, the competition in the mid-sized family sedan class is getting really stiff. The Ford Fusion and Hyundai Sonata are two new threats that Toyota has to take into consideration.
no i meant the hype just in this thread with everybody getting all excited about a camry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in